Home Page Home Page  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:52 pm 
Martian War Lord

No, because they will escape just before that will happen, but they will get stunned. Here's Chapter 4. There are more chapters waiting, so if you want me to post them, let me know...

Chapter 4. Trapped
18 hours had passed since we fainted. We were awake, and survived any commotion, but we could hardly move. All we could do is to give each other a hug, and hope that our bodily functions would get operational quickly. For those 18 hours we laid motionless, almost lifeless on the ground, with Susan on top of me, to make sure I wouldn’t part with her. Though I didn’t dare to do that, she only wanted to make this doubly sure. 4 hours later we managed to gather enough energy to get up, but we were starving. I went into the kitchen to find something to eat. All I could find were some apples, a pear, some slices of bread, and since the watertap was still working, we could drink water. While we ate and drank, we didn’t say a word, since we were still overwhelmed by emotions by the loss of the people who were very close to us. This reduced our appetite for 75%, but we kept on eating, since we haven’t eaten for more than a day. After we ate as many as we could, I found a soft sofa, and decided to lay there down. Susan joined me. Despite the fact that we were alone, and we were madly in love with each other, we simply decided to sleep, since our emotions still had the upper hand on us. Otherwise we would have made love already. The desire was big, but we surpressed it, until we’ve overcome our emotions. Exhausted, we fell asleep.

I still can’t believe that our parents have been killed by the Invaders from Mars. I look at my boyfriend. He’s peacefully asleep, holding me in a tight embrace, though through his head I can sense the suffering. He’s been through the same as I’ve been. It’s feels strange but good that we share the pain. At least he can understand how I feel. I feel horrible. Despite we’re both asleep, our ears were at full attention. If there would any disturbance in sound, it would wake us up immediately. At midnight we heard a strange hissing sound, as if a rocket was closing in. It passed us by, but it landed somewhere near us. The shockwave let the entire house shake, while some earth outside scooped up in front of the door and other parts of the house, trapping us within. Pieces of the ceiling also came down, knocking us out once again. The cushions of the sofa were pressed forward, but we didn’t notice it.

Once I woke up, I noticed everything was dark around me. I can feel Susans presence, so she’s with me. The only light I could see was from the windows, and when Susan woke up, she noticed that something laid on her back, almost pressing us in the sofa. All I could feel was a wooden beam lying on her, and I immediately threw it off from her. With an aching head and back we got up, and we saw that we were trapped in the house. For the both of us it almost got too much to handle, however we were determined to find a way out, but our reluctancy to live on grows by the second if something happens to us. I dreamt a month ago that a few years later I would settle down and form a family on my own, with Susan as my wife. I didn’t discuss this with her, but she sensed somehow that I wanted to form a family with her, as she told me that she was ready to start an engagement with me at anytime. I already keep company with her, for two years we have a courtship. That explains the warm and fuzzy feeling I feel when I see her, she’s a pretty girl.

Trapped… in a house… something that HAS to happen to us. Both Rick and I are very annoyed that we have to suffer so bad. What have we done to deserve this, anyway? That’s a good question. Rick and I want to escape, but we still try to find out how. We go to the attic, we see an open window, a window of opportunity! We remove carefully the glass, but when we move the last piece it slips out of our hands and fall on the ground. It shatters immediately, with pieces coming near our feet. We were lucky to have shoes on. When Rick wants to move, he feels a sharp pain in his right arm. I see a piece of the glass that stung in his arm. I check myself, and I found in my left arm a similar piece. We carefully remove the glass, and we were lucky that both pieces missed out arteries. Now we need to get down. Our only choice was to jump, so we jumped down, with a soft landing in some bushes. The sky glew blue, the air was fresh, we’ve obvously been knocked out for more than a week. It’s a miracle our bodies could survive it. We saw also some strange, red-coloured bushes, and since it covered the ground, we were forced to walk through. Rick then tied his shirt to mine, as we replaced our ripped clothes with new ones. He ties it with two nuts in it, to make sure we won’t get lost in this bloody forest.

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:22 am 

More please ..................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:29 pm 
Martian War Lord

Here you go, here's Chapter 5. Here the couple are captured by a Martian, but they will survive! How? Read it, and see for yourself.

Chapter 5: Captured
For hours we fought our way through these strange plants. There not terrestrial, apparently the Invaders must have planted them to claim the planet. They cover almost everything, and chokes movement of water as well. I become a little footsore, so is Rick. We’re roaming in this strange forest for almost a half a day, without any food or water. After a whole day we managed to get in London, only to find dark, blackened streets. Here the forest ended, so we untied our shirts and wandered together through the huge city. And we knew it was huge, since we’ve been here before. One little distraction can cause someone to get lost. I and Rick visited regularly London for our studies, so we knew when we were in London exactly where to go. But now, with these Martians roaming the country and this city, things have changed greatly, especially for both of us. The darkness frightened me; I could hardly see where we were actually walking. Rick was able to hold our course in the middle of the road, to prevent we will be walking around in circles.

We kept on walking straight ahead for the next hour, almost speechless, but mainly sighing and on occasion we lat out a moan of the pain. We almost let our hope or any chance of survival drop, until we saw some light burning, not too far away. It was directly ahead of us, and we noticed that both Regent Street and Piccadilly Circus were the only places which were lightened. We immediately went in that direction. When we arrived we saw some streetlights burning, and tables with some food and water. We also saw some other survivors of the Martian attacks, most of them are drunk. I and Susan drank almost 0,26 gallons of water, before we wolfed down some bread. We were very hungry and thirsty, and we were glad that we were actually allowed to eat and drink. These people were kind, despite some are carousing all over the place. A woman wanted to know what happened to us exactly. We were reluctant to tell it, but we were relieved after we did. We simply threw it out. The woman pitied us, and she was glad that we were able to survive all that. We were happy to actually see people after our imprisonment. This small part of life felt great, we were impressed that people were able to get here. It’s the first time we had company since we got imprisoned 1 week ago. We were that time all alone; despite the fact we thought that only a few hours had passed. Obviously it was the period when we were knocked out raced us through time, as if to protect us from the horrors of the Tripods. With our current situation, no home, no friends, no family, I thought by myself that we would be better off dead. But with these other men and women, who have been through the most horrific situations, almost similar of what we’ve been through, we managed to pick up the reasons to live again. We were happy, and stayed for the entire day, unaware about the danger…

The next day is planted in our memory like reinforced concrete. The most horrible thing ever actually happened to us. At the dawn of the 13th day the Invaders were here, a woman screamed. I and Rick soon found out why. A Tripod actually came in our direction, and before we could escape, one of its steel tentacles picked us right from the street, and we were tossed in a basket on its back. Soon thereafter several other men and women were tossed in the basket, and then the Tripod went back to Primrose Hill, where even more Martians were there. I thought that this may be the end, and I held Rick tight, while the belts on our trousers got stuck on each other. All I wondered is what is going to happen to us? Will we be spared, or have the Martians other plans with us than burning us to bits? We also learned of a black vapour, which meant death as soon as you breathe it. A man and his wife lost all their 15 children in this black smoke. I didn’t let Rick go; he understands and gets hold of me as well. Our dream of forming a family with each other might be torn apart, unless a miracle occurs.

Being captured by a Martian… is this how it ends? With our belts stuck on each other, we unwillingly made sure we stayed together. The Martian had left the Tripod, and as we observed, we could make out a small, greyish pile located near the Pit. We even saw more Martians, and noticed that this must be their main settlement, as a replacer for Horsell Common. When the Martian returned to our ‘prison guard’, the steel tentacle which threw us in the basket came back. We tried to avoid it, just like everyone else, but then a man began to scream loud. The tentacle left the basket, taking the man with it. The screaming of the man was quickly over run by strange hooting noises made by the Martians. They extended pipette-like objects from their mouths and plunged it straight into the man’s neck. We saw something red going through these pipettes.
”What are they doing?” Susan asked.
”Don’t you know that?” a woman asked.
”No, we don’t.” I said.
”That’s the fate of anyone who’s been captured. They’ll drain you from your blood and inject it into their own veins.” a man said.
This scared us greatly. Will our blood be sucked away? Susan began to cry. After the man was drained from its blood, his body was thrown carelessly like a piece of dirt onto the pile we saw shortly after our arrival. To us the Martians were now like extra-terrestrial Dracula’s, but they don’t make people one of them. The tentacle from the Tripod which held us captive returned again and again, until we were the only ones left. Then the tentacle returned once more and grabbed the belts. We were yanked out the basket, and because we resisted like mad, the tentacle set an electric charge on both of us, which caused a stunning effect on us. Being stunned, we could nothing do except to wait until it’s all over. The belts however weakened during our transfer. The Martians held us by the belts to secure us, and both I and Susan thought that this was it. We folded our hands together to say goodbye, but just as the Martians would insert the pipettes in our necks in order to suck our blood away from us, the belts snapped and we fell on the ground. Immediately I grabbed Susan by her right waist, and we both ran away. Since the electric charge was still in effect, we ran stumbling, and falling al the time, not actually having the slightest idea where we are going. We climbed out of the Pit and ran deep in a nearby forest. Oddly, the Martians didn’t pursue us, so when we were at a safe distance, we simply couldn’t take it any longer, and we passed out once again, mainly because of the electric shocks we got from that tentacle. We smiled as we lay unconscious, as if we though that fate was keeping us alive…

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:54 pm 

Some Questions............

How much is 0.26 gallons of water? and how did Susan know it was almost exactly that much?

Were these leather belts? They must have had strong buckles.

15 children?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:59 pm 
Martian War Lord

0.26 gallons is the same as 1 liter. Someone must have told them it was that much, and they greedily gulped down the entire liter, since they were very, very thirsty. The belts were indeed leather, just some kind of an old model. And in that time the story takes place there were no such things as condoms, so there were families who had lots of children. Wanna know some more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:55 pm 

:shock:

Thanks for clearing those up. Keep it coming

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:06 pm 
Martian War Lord

Here are the final chapters of the story.

Chapter 6. No more destruction
We escaped from a horrible death. Both Rick and I don’t want to die by means of our blood being drained; they should use that heat-ray, which is practically quick and painless. We lay unconscious next to each other for 7 days on end, when we woke up; we saw to our astonishment that the red bushed became browner, as if it was dead. We both ventured once again in London. The streets were awfully black, with dead bodies lying everywhere. While supporting each other, we came after two more days by the Clock Tower… at least, what used to be the Clock Tower. We saw debris of it lying on the ground, including a pillar, and one of the dials. The rest of the Big Ben must have been gone up in flames. I enjoyed listening to the sound of Big Ben when it stroke an hour, I was happy to hear it during my visits in London. Rick also loved that sound, but we know that we won’t be hearing it anymore. We went once again to the direction of Primrose Hill. While we became footsore, hungry and thirsty once again, we wondered why we were wandering alone in this lifeless city. Why were we alive? Despite the fact we had each other, we both felt intolerable lonely. We didn’t pay much attention to faint cries, as if we thought they were ghosts… illusions coming within our minds…

The closer we came to Primrose Hill, the clearer this… howling, like hoarse cries of something dying, became. We were curious what it was, but we didn’t care. All we cared about were ourselves, and our families. We gave each other a good kiss and a big hug as comfort before we continued. Bad memories keep haunting us: our homes being destroyed, our families and friends being killed, the unorganized stampede of other civilians… our period of being Martian captives and almost drained of our blood… most of these memories make us feel as if we’re the only ones left on the planet, and it would be up to us to repopulate Earth. It may be silly, but somehow we thought the Martians may have invaded other countries as well, instead of Great Britain alone. The howling then suddenly stopped, as we reached Piccadilly Circus again. As if someone has cut the throat of the crying person. All seemed to be deadly quiet. The desolation and solitude became unendurable now. The howling voice gave somehow some kind of life to London, but now there changed something and this gaunt quiet remained. This feeling drives me crazy, making me almost suicidal, and Susan feels the same as well. Instead of simply slicing our arms open to cut an artery, we decided to let the Martians have us. We were annoyed that we survived, and the rest of our closest family and friends didn’t. If simply either the black smoke would fall upon us, or the heat-ray will struck us, we would be glad to, since it would be all over. We even had thoughts of that we would let us crush under one of the legs of a Tripod on purpose. We knew Primrose Hill had a large Martian population, so we decided to meet our end together there. We gave each other a long, but intense kiss and a big hug, before we marched hand in hand towards the Titans. As we reached Primrose Hill, we saw all the Tripods standing there motionless, and to our astonishment, we saw the Martians themselves lying lifeless on the ground. What could have happened to them?

At first we thought they might have overfed themselves, since they lay there, without moving a muscle. Then we realized what happened, as birds suddenly collected themselves around one of the Tripods, and began to pick and tear flesh away. The Invaders are dead. We examined the bodies more closely, and found out the Martians were killed by… bacteria. Minute and invisible, the bacteria from which we are since Humanity was born are immune, quickly overtook the unprepared Martians. No more burning, suffocation or draining anymore. It’s now time to rebuild everything, to repair as much of the damage done as possible. The torment has finally come to an end. We embraced each other happily because those Martian would never form a threat again. Never ever would those machines wander around causing death and destruction on their way again. After all that man could do didn’t work, the Martians simply passed away due to our microscopic allies. While I hugged Rick, tears were flowing from my eyes of happiness, and tears are flowing from his eyes as well. We both cried, since we knew the invasion has ended. Now it’s time to forget what happened through those three terrible weeks, but I wonder if Rick and I will ever succeed in that…

Chapter 7. Epilogue
It is now six months after the invasion has ended. I and Susan have engaged barely a half a week later after the invasion ended, we have gotten married 60 days later. She is now three months pregnant of our first child. Still we can’t help to think back at the 23 horrible days. Returning nightmares simply prevent us to forget everything what happened then, while we should be focussing on either preparing our new home in Sheen for the baby. Sheen was one of the few places near London who was almost left unharmed by the Martians, except for the fifth cylinder which landed there. Neither Susan nor I want to talk about what we’ve been through, and it’s essential for the child that it will be spared from such stories. We want our child to grow up in peace, not war. As we look out the window in our study, we see people happily wandering, children playing, but then it all starts to change into fire, the red-coloured bushes glowing far to the right, and people running for their lives. Tripods moving distantly, as if it started all over again. When we shook our heads, we realized we have dozed lightly, and that it’s time to go to bed. I give my wife a soft, but long, filled with intensity and lots of love. She returns it. We get under the blankets and put the light out…

So our wish of getting married and having a family together came true after all. I still felt difficult during the marriage. We had no parents to witness, friends being the best men. An uncle of mine decided to take the role of the best man, with his daughter being the bridesmaid. An aunt of Rick just wanted to fill the family role. Both my uncle and his aunt knew what happened to us through these days, and supported us through the time of our engagement and helped us through our marriage process. Now that I’m pregnant, I decided to let the studies go to concentrate on the upcoming child. I certainly hope it will grow up along with us in peace, with no war, no fear, and no loss. Nevertheless I still think back at those 23 black days of history. Not just of our lives, but the lives of millions of other people as well. All we had was ourselves, and the support of each other. Despite we had thought of committing suicide, our support to each other was the main power generator which urged us to stay alive at all costs, however that generator had a flaw. If our belts hadn’t snapped by the intense grip of the Martians’ tentacles, we wouldn’t even be here, and I wouldn’t be pregnant. Now we try to build up a family life here in Sheen, away from all the terror, just to find a home in peace. Maybe we should relocate to a home far in the country for a more peaceful life… far away from all the business in the city, just to live in peace, raise the child, and to take care of ourselves. I shall talk with my husband about my idea tomorrow. I certainly hope he will like it too. If we simply could retreat into the country, with no worries and all that, we may live happy ever after… maybe even raise more children…

The End

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:41 pm 
Martian War Lord

Thought I'd wait till you had finished before I read it. I've read it now. Well done. I enjoyed it, :a028:

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:54 am 
Martian War Lord

I'm glad you liked it, so I'm gonna let it post on the site itself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:55 am 

Yep. good man good man. Well done sir =D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:33 am 
Martian War Lord

*blush* My, I didn't know it was that good. I consider of makin an other one, but I do not know if I have time for it, since I have work, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:11 pm 
Martian War Lord

I can vaguely remember I once wrote an other version of it, but then characters from the anime Dragon Ball Z were included. Too bad I threw the story away, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:15 am 
Tripod King

Interesting, I had an old Star Trek one of these and have played a few online ones, it'll be interesting to get this. Does anyone have it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:26 pm 
Martian War Lord

I've got the game Star Trek: New Worlds. I love making dozens of Klingon Disruptor Batteries, Federation Advanced Photon Artilleries and Romulan Cloaked Assault Vehicles to waste a Metar Colony. The Metar Ras is the most hated Metar unit by me. If you're not careful or have put up a decent defense around your base, the Metar Ras can waste your base with ease.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:09 pm 
Tripod King

Ive got that game too but I got bored of it. Be interesting to have an RTS WotW game where you actually control the Martians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:22 pm 
Martian War Lord

Then the PC Game of WOTW is just the thing. You can control Martians in Resource management, constructing, manufacturing, defense and attack!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:37 pm 
Tripod King

Care to link me to some information? New on the scene so don't excatly know the happenings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:43 pm 
Martian War Lord

I happen to own the PC game myself so, I can give you some information. The Martian Base is located in the Grampian Mountains, Scotland, and the Martian Mission is to annihilate the Houses of Parliament in London. It's up to you to control everything. You start off with the basic Scout, Handling, Digging and Fighting Machines, but you can research better stuff, like extended range for the Heat Ray, better buildings, like buildings to manufacture the fast and agile Flying Machines, or the mind-controlling Xeno-Telepaths, and you can research better Machines, like the powerful Electric Machines, ready to zap their enemies from short range, the dreaded Bombarding Machines, your Martian artillery for long-distance attacks, or (my personal favorite) the destructive Tempest, who can waste ANYTHING with its Dual Heat Rays, and the Canister Launcher to launce the Black Dust and Shock Bombs if necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:49 pm 
Tripod King

Is it an old game then or rather new game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:53 pm 
Martian War Lord

It was published in 1998 by Rage Software and GT Interactive software. Eveofthewar.co.uk has some news and screenshots about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:56 pm 
Tripod King

Ill have to hunt that down on ebay...there any like game of the year or value versions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:59 pm 
Martian War Lord

I think there was only one version for the PC... Anyway, the same game was also for the Playstation. You could only control all Human units, but the PC game allows you to take control of either Humans or Martians! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:04 pm 
Tripod King

Right thanks, I'll hunt it down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:05 pm 
Martian War Lord

No problem. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:06 pm 
Tripod King

is it called Jeff War of the Worlds?

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next