View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 22 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:27 pm 
Martian War Lord

FROM : <a href='http://waroftheworldsonline.com/' target='_blank'>Waroftheworldsonline</a><br /><br />Click on the link above and download the clip on their front page.<br /><br />Image<br /><br />War of the Worlds Online have been in touch with Jeff Wayne's camp who have seen the incredibly positive reactions to the release of their Martian Fighting Machine test footage last week. As a result of this, Jeff has authorised the release of a 60 second sequence (also R&D) of the Martian Flying Machine. <br />

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:29 pm 

The Jeff Wayne version looks potentially to be best from the animation Ive seen so far. Just imagine all these fantastic effects with new remix music of which I grew up with WOW. I think they will all be good, but I think it might be worth doing another poll and see which film people are more looking forward to. <br /><br />Bring it on the Myster awaits the pain :smoking:

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk
www.webspaceinvaders.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:31 pm 
Martian War Lord

Thanks for the E-mail Lee :) <br /><br />Looks good, not the same impact as the first footage but never the less very encouraging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:21 pm 
Advanced Member

Thumbs up again for Mr. Wayne! Looks sort of like a combination of the Terminator flying HK's and the Thunderbirds! Very nice design, especially considering they didn't have much of a description to go from (at least I don't recall Wells giving any more than the vaguest description of the flying machines). Coolest part is, these tripods and the flying machines just look mean!<br /><br />Keep 'em comin' Jeff! Great work so far! :) I would still love some info on who is doing the CGI for this version, as well as what kind of hardware and software they are using for the rendering.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:25 am 

I looks great! But... So this version of WOTW is going further than the actual story? According to the novel, wich I have wret, the martians DID build a flying machine, but never used it because they died because of the earthly bacteria.<br /><br />What ddo you think about it? :)

Slowly and shurely, they drew theire plans against us...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:15 pm 

Once again hats off to you guys looking absolutly fantastic, I cannot wait for this CGI version, how about a demo of the red weed slowly crawling along engulfing everything in its path.... oooh nurse the screens. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:09 pm 

<!--QuoteBegin-rodnumber6+Feb 1 2005, 11:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rodnumber6 @ Feb 1 2005, 11:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Thumbs up again for Mr. Wayne! Looks sort of like a combination of the Terminator flying HK's and the Thunderbirds! Very nice design, especially considering they didn't have much of a description to go from (at least I don't recall Wells giving any more than the vaguest description of the flying machines). mean!<br />[right][snapback]525[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Well, thats the old design since the ULLAdubULLA remix ;)<br /><br />Awesome. Simply awesome.<br /><br />Overlord, they flew around a bit of what I remembered.<br /><br />Cruise:<br />AHH WE'RE SCREWED!!!

How to make a tripod:
1. Take a small wooden toy wheel (cheap in hobby stores)
2. Take three nails.
3. Figure the rest out yourself.

Pretty crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:10 pm 

This is a very exciting time and judging by the stuff coming from jeff wayne and some of the newer shots coming from pendragon it looks to me as though the cruise picture might be eclipsed by the two british efforts, in the minds of the real fans at least.

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:50 pm 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-The Overlord+Feb 2 2005, 10:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Overlord @ Feb 2 2005, 10:25 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I looks great! But... So this version of WOTW is going further than the actual story? According to the novel, wich I have wret, the martians DID build a flying machine, but never used it because they died because of the earthly bacteria.<br /><br />What ddo you think about it?  :)<br />[right][snapback]536[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br /> :alien5: They did use the flying machine at the end of 'Chapter 17' The Thunder Child."It was deep twilight when the captain cried out and pointed. My brother strained his eyes. Something rushed up into the sky out of the greyness—rushed slantingly upward and very swiftly into the luminous clearness above the clouds in the western sky; something flat and broad, and very large, that swept round in a vast curve, grew smaller, sank slowly, and vanished again into the grey mystery of the night. And as it flew it rained down darkness upon the land."<br /><br />There is also a reference to it in Book two:Chapter 8 Dead London.Across the pit on its farther lip, flat and vast and strange, lay the great flying-machine with which they had been experimenting upon our denser atmosphere when decay and death arrested them. -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:40 pm 

Good observation, Lonesome Crow. I was thinking the same thing as the Overlord was - I remembered the entry in "Dead London", but didnt think of the entry from "The Thunder Child." I cannot WAIT for this version!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:36 pm 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-Optichris+Feb 3 2005, 10:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Optichris @ Feb 3 2005, 10:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Good observation, Lonesome Crow.  I was thinking the same thing as the Overlord was - I remembered the entry in "Dead London", but didnt think of the entry from "The Thunder Child."  I cannot WAIT for this version!<br />[right][snapback]574[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br />I think the end scene from "The Thunder Child." chapter is one of the most symbolic parts of the book. The Thunder Child has just sunk, the sun has just set (this is the sunset of mankind) and the flying machine rises up into the sky (this is the rise of the Martian domination). A real tingle-factor for me. :unsure:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:52 pm 

<!--QuoteBegin-Optichris+Feb 3 2005, 10:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Optichris @ Feb 3 2005, 10:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Good observation, Lonesome Crow.  I was thinking the same thing as the Overlord was - I remembered the entry in "Dead London", but didnt think of the entry from "The Thunder Child."  I cannot WAIT for this version!<br />[right][snapback]574[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br /> :) WOW.......I've read the book many times now and never thought of that description in the Thunderchild as being relevent to the Martian flying machine........what an excellent observation Lonesome Crow.(You can come to my church anytime you want as long as its sundays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody Martians nicked my bible..!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:23 pm 
Tripod King

where is the flying machine in the musical artwork?

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:30 am 

<_< I don't think the flying machine made it on to artwork of Jeff Waynes album did it(do correct me if i'm wrong).. :alien32:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:44 pm 
Martian War Lord

I don't think it was even mentioned in Jeff's album :huh: <br />I wounder how he's going to fit it in the film? :alien4:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:16 pm 
Tripod King

probably at the end of the Thunder Child sequence like in the book, and in the dead London bit as well i should have thought

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:37 pm 
Martian War Lord

Yes, use it as a visual scene only, could be

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:07 am 
Martian War Lord

The design of the flying machine you are discussing here is in the PC and Playstation games. They are in vast numbers in the game but not very well sheilded and easy to destroy. They kind of spoil things a bit, because if the Martains had these nimble flying machines in great numbers, why bother with walkers, except to mop up? Air Power rules.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:42 pm 

<_< Fair point Mr Loz

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:18 pm 

You seem to forget that there will be new music also. Remember? <_< <br /><br />There is plenty of place for Jeff's playfield. Dont worry.

How to make a tripod:
1. Take a small wooden toy wheel (cheap in hobby stores)
2. Take three nails.
3. Figure the rest out yourself.

Pretty crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:48 pm 
Martian War Lord

The Improved Trog wrote:
You seem to forget that there will be new music also. Remember? There is plenty of place for Jeff's playfield. Dont worry.

Forget, what do you mean forget, it's the first time I've heard about new music, tell us more Uncle Trog. pleeeaaase :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:16 pm 
Martian War Lord

The movie itself was awesome!

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 22 posts ]