View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:00 pm 
Martian War Lord

FROM : <a href='http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=30153' target='_blank'>SCIFI.COM</a><br /><br />Young actress Dakota Fanning, co-star of Steven Spielberg's upcoming SF epic War of the Worlds, told SCI FI Wire that she is enjoying playing Tom Cruise's daughter in the film, based on the H.G. Wells classic SF book. "[Tom] is so incredibly nice, and Steven is incredibly nice," Fanning said in an interview. "That movie comes out on June 29th, and I think it's wonderful." <br /><br />Fanning, who turns 11 next month, said that the producers approached her to appear in War of the Worlds while she filmed Dreamer, in which she plays the daughter of Kurt Russell's washed-up horse trainer. Fanning is also no stranger to Spielberg or aliens, having appeared in SCI FI Channel's miniseries Taken, the UFO saga that Spielberg executive produced. <br /><br />"I read the script [for War of the Worlds] and just really liked it," Fanning said. “I was doing Dreamer when I read the script. They really wanted me to do it, and I wanted to do it really bad." Fanning declined to discuss the film's plot, but admitted that she plays Cruise's daughter. "You'll have to see," she said. "It's really exciting, and it's going to be really, really good. That's all I can say. It's a secret." <br /><br />Fanning said that she thrills at the prospect of doing another science fiction film, but doesn't want to limit herself to one genre. "I've been lucky enough to get a taste of different kinds [of films]: sci-fi, ... comedy, drama, the thriller type," Fanning said. "I love doing all of them. I've never really picked one [genre], because I've gotten the chance to do all sorts of different characters, and I've heard it just grows, as you get older and older. It's exciting for me to get to see what comes on next." War of the Worlds opens in theaters June 29.

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:41 pm 
Tripod King

dear god, she's been very well schooled in what to say hasnt she :D<br /><br />that may very well be her real opinion but it does sound like its been worded for her

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:50 pm 

I'm sure there was a very rich publicist prodding her with a cattle prod.

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:36 pm 
Tripod King

still she sounds far more intellectually sophisticated that Cruise

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:33 am 
Advanced Member

I actually quite admire Fanning. She's frighteningly talented for someone so young. My only concern is that she's had so much success at such a very early age - she's not in her teens yet, and she's sharing top billing with De Niro!<br /><br />I just hope her parents keep her grounded and let her enjoy being a kid. Hopefully, she'll avoid the fate that Hollywood seems to reserve for most child stars - namely, ending up as a cokehead has-been before she's in her twenties.<br /><br />

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:59 am 
Tripod King

Fanning is the very incarnation of all thats wrong with this version - made up character, central to the made up family angle. In fact she's as far away is it gets from this story.<br /><br />I dont dislike her at all though, im sure shes a very nice child, and of the cast shes the one i dont blame for (probably) having not read the book, unlike the no excuse case of Cruise

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:39 pm 
Advanced Member

Actually, today (23rd February) is Dakota Fanning's 11th birthday.<br /><br />Happy birthday kid. Remember us when you're rich and famous.<br /><br />Wait a minute...<br /><br />

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 7 posts ]