View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 16 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: To Be Fair...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:35 am 
Tripod King

Paramount and Pendragon have both been subjected to a lot of scrutiny and criticism for their War Of The Worlds productions and their relation or lack thereof to their source material but really both lock positively puritan when we consider the newish version of H.G. Wells' The Time Machine. Now there was a movie that truelly spat on the book. It strayed so far off the track it was meant to follow it actually managed to mention the book by name at one point. This really was the biggest load of tripe ever produced to my mind and I think we should take a moment to admire the sheer crapness of the film because truelly a screw up of this magnitude has to require some sort of talent to accomplish.

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:47 am 
Martian War Lord

No doubt about that, Leper...

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:46 pm 
Martian War Lord

Yes that was travesty alright.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:51 pm 
Martian War Lord

If the movies have references to the original book, and are also truely BASED on it, then movies look reasonable for me.

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:50 pm 
Martian War Lord

The only decent thing about this film is the DVD box it came in, I can use it for somthing else :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:55 pm 
Martian War Lord

The George Pal versoin of the Time Machine is cool though. Yes it deviates. Yes it doesn't go as far as the book. But it has charm. And Special Effects that have been truely laboured over. For me it is a work of art.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:50 pm 
Tripod King

Loz wrote:
The George Pal versoin of the Time Machine is cool though. Yes it deviates. Yes it doesn't go as far as the book. But it has charm. And Special Effects that have been truely laboured over. For me it is a work of art.

yes but thats not the version in question, the version in question is the glistening turd masquerading as a DVD - put it in your player and something truelly awful happens to it and your TV.

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:12 am 
Martian War Lord

Does it have bad influences? :-s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:23 pm 
Martian War Lord

The thing that realy amazes me is it was Directed by Simon Wells, the great, great grandson of H. G. you'd think he would want to be faithful to the book :!: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:09 pm 
Martian War Lord

Leper Messiah wrote:
Loz wrote:

yes but thats not the version in question, the version in question is the glistening turd masquerading as a DVD - put it in your player and something truelly awful happens to it and your TV.

I know. what this thread is about. And I think in a thread about a remake, one should be aloud to talk about the origional. Dear me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:56 pm 
Martian War Lord

Being based on the book then it also must follow the story line as the book says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:19 pm 
Tripod King

Loz wrote:
Leper Messiah wrote:
Loz wrote:

I know. what this thread is about. And I think in a thread about a remake, one should be aloud to talk about the origional. Dear me.

well, the thread is really more about appreciating the sheer tragic awfulness of the newer version, i feel the older version doesnt have a place in the conversation because the older one was actually quite good :D

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:41 am 
Martian War Lord

Leper Messiah wrote:
Loz wrote:
Leper Messiah wrote:
Loz wrote:

well, the thread is really more about appreciating the sheer tragic awfulness of the newer version, i feel the older version doesnt have a place in the conversation because the older one was actually quite good :D

Did you just mention the old one then???? I think you did. I'd like to remind you that we are only talking about the newer one here. The one with guy from Neighbours in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:50 am 
Martian War Lord

I think he's confused now... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:07 pm 
Martian War Lord

Loz wrote:
Leper Messiah wrote:
Loz wrote:
Leper Messiah wrote:
Loz wrote:

Did you just mention the old one then???? I think you did. I'd like to remind you that we are only talking about the newer one here. The one with guy from Neighbours in it.

So now we're talking about Neighbours? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:07 pm 
Tripod King

everybody needs good neighbours....

god this thread is going Tim Hines as well. Mind you it seems only fitting a thread about a truelly awful film is also going down the pan.

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 16 posts ]