View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: War of the Worlds a winner all around
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:19 pm 
Martian War Lord

War of the Worlds, based on H.G. Wells' novel, is a winner in casting, effects, suspense and storyline.

Tom Cruise portrays a father of two, and apparently Rambo as well, combining great acting and superior combat skills. Dakota Fanning plays Cruise's daughter masterfully. At such a young age, she has a unique and valued ability to control her voice and facial expressions, which conveyed a true sense of fear in her character.

This epic tale of an attack on Earth from another world is brilliantly brought to life by director Steven Spielberg. He shows the magnitude of such a catastrophic attack with precision. With special effects rivaling those of Star Wars, War of the Worlds brings the audience to the front lines of the battle with each unforgettable moment. It is so lifelike that when I left the theater I watched moviegoers search the sky for destructive alien tripods while pinching themselves to make sure it wasn't real. I was silenced by the movie's pointing out of humanity's unreadiness to face such an unexpected attack.

War of the Worlds is the most suspenseful movie I have ever seen. At no point during the movie was I just relaxed in my seat, snacking on my $10 popcorn.

Despite this seemingly picture-perfect film, many unanswered questions arose in my mind: What was the purpose of the aliens' attack on Earth? Why had the aliens waited so long to attack once they were in position to do so? How had 5 billion people on Earth survived such an attack after Cruise had to play Maverick just to survive? I cannot picture so many people averting disaster at a Top Gun level. But one question remains in my mind: Did the producers just use the same alien body as the makers of Independence Day? I mean, a big head on a lanky body is just so cliché.

Also, more action sequences between man and beast would have further shown the extent to which the invaders had damaged the human population, rather than just seeing Cruise panting in his basement.

Still, this classic tale offers excitement with its special effects, a clever storyline and fabulous acting.

SOURCE

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:52 pm 
Martian War Lord

Quote:
It is so lifelike that when I left the theater I watched moviegoers search the sky for destructive alien tripods

:lol: I found myself doing the same 8-[ no kidding :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 2 posts ]