Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: new screenshots
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:20 am 

Anyone seen the latest batch of screenshots online? Found this link on IMDB. Quite amusing:)

http://plan9timbo.tripod.com/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:14 pm 

Egad! I look like crap!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:08 pm 
Martian War Lord

If those are the best screen shots they could come up with. :a009: . :a103: . :a013: . :a010: . :evil: . I'm lost for words. I can't even make out what the second image down, is supposed to be, is it a cow in the claws of one of the machines?
The Thunder Child is so narrow, it looks like a strong breeze would capsize it :alien2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:10 am 

wait until you see the latest addition - Barbie Lives!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:06 pm 

Is that the much talked about "Girl squashing" scene bleow?

It's no wonder the Thunder Child sequence is the least loved so far. It looks like a preproduction animatic with a lense flare thrown in. There's no sense of water disturbance, nor appropriate shadows and reflections. More than anything it leads me to believe that pressure from their distributor (Who apparently specializes in timing releases to cash in on similar big budget releases.) to speed up production lead to incomplete underrendered sequences being included. Seriously, a physical toy boat in a pool or pond would've been more convincing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:32 pm 
Martian War Lord

Sausages! #-o

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:52 pm 

Thunder Child wrote:
Is that the much talked about "Girl squashing" scene bleow?

It's no wonder the Thunder Child sequence is the least loved so far. It looks like a preproduction animatic with a lense flare thrown in. There's no sense of water disturbance, nor appropriate shadows and reflections. More than anything it leads me to believe that pressure from their distributor (Who apparently specializes in timing releases to cash in on similar big budget releases.) to speed up production lead to incomplete underrendered sequences being included. Seriously, a physical toy boat in a pool or pond would've been more convincing.

TC,
Yes, that was the girl squashing scene, although there are two. The still is of the first one (human eye level perspective). The second one is done from a tripod's foot point of view. You look down at a cowering woman, a big foot lands on her, the foot pulls away to reveal a red skeleton squish. All in all, a really pointless use of special effects time. Gore for the sake of it.

True, the ThunderChild battle scene is massively underwhelming. Toy boats, stock footage, smoke, mirrors, just about anything could have helped. But, as I wrote in my other review, it looks like Hines spent too much time having a CGI model of the ship made up, so it kind of had to be shown (many times steaming by at speed). There must not have been any budget left to put that 3D model into any context, or CGI money remaining to do ripples or shadows, etc. All you get is the model.

Personally, I pictured much more smoke (battle and funnels) and lots of billowy steam from the heat ray. With all that going on, you wouldn't have had to see too much of the ship itself. He could have saved more money for other scenes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:54 pm 
Martian War Lord

If there are more screenshots of people being squashed to death to view, I'm gonna end up mmmmmmmmmmmm.... :-& BARFING! :-& :-&

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:15 pm 

oever532 wrote:
If there are more screenshots of people being squashed to death to view, I'm gonna end up mmmmmmmmmmmm.... :-& BARFING! :-& :-&

The page has been updated, no more squishing shots, just very bad Thunderchild moments and a train crash:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:38 pm 
Martian War Lord

Thanks. It's clearly visible that the Thunder Child moments are badly made. That inspires me to continue to work on my poster that you can view at the topic WOTW IMAGE in Computer & Arade Games. It's probably better to add some shadow effects. It'll make more realistic, don't you think?

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:51 pm 
Martian War Lord

oever532 wrote:

Lets not forget, the story is very vioent, and squishing, smashing and burning bodeis should be a big part of it. It is about A war on humanity. Their should be lots of Saving Private Ryan 1st 20 minutes gore.

This idiot hines made a bad film though whether it has gore or not.

In fact it sounds as though a new word will have to be invented to describe this film.

And what is that Cow thing????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:53 am 
Martian War Lord

Loz wrote:
And what is that Cow thing????????????

If you go here http://www.upcomingepics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768&page=1&pp=15 you can see a large version of the same picture, I think it's a cow wearing a wig (probably trying to evade detection by wearing a rug) you can see a couple of Martians at the bottom of the picture so I think it's from the blood draining scene :a009:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:21 pm 
Martian War Lord

Maybe it's meant to be something they have brought with them to eat?????

Maybe its an old Pink Floyd prop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:01 pm 
Martian War Lord

Then where is battersea power station? And it doesn't look like a pig. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:25 pm 
Martian War Lord

Your forgetting Atom Heart Mother Album cover, that had a cow on it. Animals had the Pig, and the station.
Hey they've done the impossible and reformed for Live8.
:P So now the Pig can lose its balls!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:13 pm 
Martian War Lord

:wink: Ah' you fooled me by saying "prop", The cow was just a painting where as the pig was an inflatable pig 'a prop' 8-[

What's your favourite Floyd album?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:09 pm 
Martian War Lord

They had lots of inflatables though never a cow. But the Wish You Were Here tour had inflatable cars and people.

When Roger Waters left the others went on tour and used the pig, but Roger tried to sue them as it was his creation. So they put balls and tusks on it and changed its gender and that was enough for Roger to lose the case.

My Favourite album is a hard one, because they went through so many fazes. So early Floyd has to be the first album, Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Wish You Were Here for the later stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:49 pm 
Martian War Lord

'Dark side of the moon' and ' The Division Bell' are my favourites, it used to be 'The Wall' but I played it so much, I got sick of it ](*,) #-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:40 am 
Martian War Lord

Now we're talking about Pink Floyd anyway, my mother loves the song 'On the Turning Away'. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:15 pm 
Martian War Lord

oever532 wrote:
Now we're talking about Pink Floyd anyway, my mother loves the song 'On the Turning Away'. :)

That songs off A Momentary Lapse of Reason. The first album without their cheif songwriter and ideas man, Roger Waters. Its a pretty bad album, but it sold bucket loads because Pink Floyd are a brand name. Anyway we digress. Boy those pivtures suck!!!! :-&

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:38 pm 
Tripod King

I'm surprised that no one's mentioned another one of the major faults in the Thunder Child scene: NO HUMAN CREWMEMBERS! One of the ship's rearward guns is only protected by a simple gun shield and not a turret, and the gun is shown in profile anyway, so there's no way anyone could miss seeing gunners manning it. We see no men at all around the piece, and yet we see it firing. Also, in spite of the fact that this Thunder Child sinks slowly by the bow instead of simply blowing up, we don't see any crewmen abandoning ship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:53 am 
Martian War Lord

Like I mentioned in a post somewhere earlier... Hines need to work on his skills, and put some more time in making these movies... Hines, this version has to be improved on almost everything [-X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:22 am 

Oh Jesus. That looks really bloody rubbish. What a shame.

:help:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:28 am 
Martian War Lord

Alland wrote:
I'm surprised that no one's mentioned another one of the major faults in the Thunder Child scene: NO HUMAN CREWMEMBERS! One of the ship's rearward guns is only protected by a simple gun shield and not a turret, and the gun is shown in profile anyway, so there's no way anyone could miss seeing gunners manning it. We see no men at all around the piece, and yet we see it firing. Also, in spite of the fact that this Thunder Child sinks slowly by the bow instead of simply blowing up, we don't see any crewmen abandoning ship.

No crew men? that's awful. They should have featured them, the captain etc, pulling together, the glee as they get a victory, then the terror as they burn.
Do they hit it with black smoke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:48 am 
Martian War Lord

I'll second that, Loz.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next