View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 24 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:01 pm 
Martian War Lord

FROM : <a href='http://www.waroftheworldsonline.com/' target='_blank'>Waroftheworldsonline</a><br /><br />Image<br /><br />"War of the Worlds Online is most privilaged to have been provided with an exciting sample of test footage (R&D) from the CGI Film being produced by Jeff Wayne/Ollie Record Productions, based on Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds. The sequence shows the incredible Martian Fighting Machine - Alive!!!<br />Jeff and his team are very advanced in their development of the feature film and will be releasing more test footage over the next few months! Jeff's official website - www.thewaroftheworlds.com - is being released in March, with a full e-commerce capability, and the album is being re-promoted by Sony on a worldwide basis in June, with a variety of exciting new products - including a 6 CD box set, a DVD and a wealth of previously unheard material.<br /><br />The quality of this short test snippet is razor sharp, showing the amazing detail that has gone into the movement and textures of the fighting machine. The clip lasts around 15 seconds and contains no sound. By the looks of this animation test, the upcoming feature film will be amazing. May will also see the publication of the first in a series of Comic Books based on Jeff's Musical work, by Striker 3D plc. "<br /><br />Click on the link above and see their news page for the download link

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:20 pm 

All I can say is WOW. Not gonna get much sleep tonight now. lol<br /><br />The machines looks brilliant and the CGI looks amazing, great animation. Big up to Jeff. I like the way he has got his martian in before Pendragon and Speilberg, very crafty...

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk
www.webspaceinvaders.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:24 pm 
Martian War Lord

That looks amazing. :o :o :o I could never imagine how the machine could walk, but theyv'e done it.<br /><br />I can't wait to see more. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:55 am 

Wow Wow Wow I can't wait for this one my dream after first hearing the musical all them years ago is finally going to come true a movie based on the musical with the fighting machines as they are in the Art work, Well done to all those involved im sure this version will be a winner :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:09 pm 

Ullah_la wrote:
Wow Wow Wow I can't wait for this one my dream after first hearing the musical all them years ago is finally going to come true a movie based on the musical with the fighting machines as they are in the Art work, Well done to all those involved im sure this version will be a winner 

You realy hit the spot!! I totally agree!!!! Just look at that thing! How it walks!!! Those feet! For me, I think, this will be the ultimate WOTW version! Hooray for Mr. Wayne!! :) Damn... 2007... :(

Slowly and shurely, they drew theire plans against us...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:36 pm 

I have to echo everyone's statements - I'm in awe over that - simply amazing! This one may turn out to be the best WotW film yet ;-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:32 pm 

Absolutely SOOOOPERB :alien32:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:37 pm 

Two more years to go and HG Wells' dream will be reality.^^<br /><br />Hope he will raise from the dead and eat the brain of those who fail :P

How to make a tripod:
1. Take a small wooden toy wheel (cheap in hobby stores)
2. Take three nails.
3. Figure the rest out yourself.

Pretty crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:45 pm 
Advanced Member

Looks very encouraging! The movement was very realistic, the machine itself looked very photorealistic and the added effects of the dust rising as it walked and the camera movement were nicely done as well. Now I want to see it against a background! If the entire movie can achieve that level of realism, this could get mighty interesting. I admit I hadn't given much thought at all to Wayne's version since we haven't seen much from him except for press releases, but my interest level has just risen considerably!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:58 pm 
Tripod King

It's nice to see that Jeff has released this for us fan's. This is just a very small fraction of the 5 minute film I saw while at Jeff's at the start of January. What you see in the film of the Fighting Machine, you wait until you see the Thunder Child, Flying Machine and the Cylinder. . . . Amazing stuff.<br /><br />H_C

H_C

Forum Moderator to: www.waroftheworldsonline.com - Your Source For The Martian Invasion Since 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:04 pm 

I,ve said it before and i'll say it again, THIS is the one i've been waiting for and looking at that little clip i am very very excited.

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:30 pm 
Advanced Member

Horsell_Common wrote:
It's nice to see that Jeff has released this for us fan's. This is just a very small fraction of the 5 minute film I saw while at Jeff's at the start of January. What you see in the film of the Fighting Machine, you wait until you see the Thunder Child, Flying Machine and the Cylinder. . . .  Amazing stuff.

H_C

Wait? Sorry, never heard of the word. Must see it now! Any chance of this 5-minute clip surfacing any time soon? I know he probably doesn't want to show too much too early, but he could certainly capitalize on the marketing blitz that will be done for Paramount's version this spring & summer.

Another question, has the company doing the CGI for him done anything we might have seen, or at least can go find? Thanks for any info.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:04 pm 

:Jawdrop: <br /><br />That is...the most...incredible thing I've ever seen...<br /><br />and what's weird is that it moves almost exactly how I invisioned it would...like in my lil' Martian walking movie<br /><br />Image<br /><br />(back leg takes longer to get the stride in...same in both the CG and my gif)<br /><br />...It's awesome...totally awesome...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:32 pm 

Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM) wrote:
That is...the most...incredible thing I've ever seen...and what's weird is that it moves almost exactly how I invisioned it would...like in my lil' Martian walking movie
(back leg takes longer to get the stride in...same in both the CG and my gif)...It's awesome...totally awesome...

It's almost one could think that he has seen your animated gif and took your idea... Anyway, this is the first version that I don't have anything to complain on! This just look amazing. I guess the focusing and zooming is just for showing how it could be done... Otherwice it's kind of overdoing it, if you know what I'm talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:41 pm 

Actually...the zooming in and out adds (dramatically) to the whole clip. It feels like someone actually was filming it.<br /><br />Now if someone actually did something like that for a movie...like a 'documentary style' invasion...That'd be awesome! but come on...anything involving WOTW would be awesome...wouldn't you agree?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:45 pm 
Martian War Lord

Horsell_Common wrote:
It's nice to see that Jeff has released this for us fan's. This is just a very small fraction of the 5 minute film I saw while at Jeff's at the start of January. What you see in the film of the Fighting Machine, you wait until you see the Thunder Child, Flying Machine and the Cylinder. . . .  Amazing stuff.

5 minute film, I'm so envious

you know Jeff, tell him 'we want more please'

just like little Oliver Twist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:23 am 

Yes more more we must have more Ullaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:31 am 

:( I will burn them with my holy cross(well i,ll have a bash) :blush:

Bloody Martians nicked my bible..!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:58 pm 
Tripod King

Im not really sure who the company behind the CGI is. With any luck, when the boxset version (5.1 re-release) in June, there will also be a dvd documentary out about the album, so that could show us more footage.<br /><br />H_C

H_C

Forum Moderator to: www.waroftheworldsonline.com - Your Source For The Martian Invasion Since 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:23 pm 
Martian War Lord

I do hope your'e right. I was gobsmacked when I saw the footage for the first time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:44 pm 
Tripod King

Leper Messiah says<br /><br />*five year old child voice*<br /><br />YYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:18 pm 
Martian War Lord

Jeff Wayne Rules! That clip is awesome x10!!!!!!!! =D> :D :a103:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:34 pm 
Martian War Lord

its gonna be a great film. no two ways about it.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:09 pm 
Martian War Lord

I second that, Loz.

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 24 posts ]