Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:10 am 

After browsing this site for a while I ended up in the "game" section and remembered the old days with my Spectrum and the game The War of The Worlds. I spent many ours trying to solve that game and I think I didn't make it, but it was very fun anyway!<br /><br />On this site there is a link to an emulator that emulates the Spectrum.... And it all began again... I am stuck... I puchased a licens for an emulator called Spectaculator wich is very good... But it didn't end there.. Now I have "won" an auction on ebay on both an ordinary Spectrum 48k and also a Spectrum +3 with a built-in discdrive (wow!!!) My old Spectrum died sadly many years ago and it will be exciting to get my fingers on these ones!!<br /><br />And it's all Lees fault (the Admin on this site) but I must thank you for bringing my childhood back to me!!!<br /><br /><br />Are there mayby other Spectrum owners on this forum?!<br /><br />Hope the "computers" arrive soon :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:53 pm 
Advanced Member

I used to own a Spectrum 128K with a tapedrive, which took 10 - 15 minutes to load anything. Literally two weeks after I bought it, Sinclair announced they were bringing out a 128K with a discdrive. Oh well...<br /><br />Here in the UK we used to have magazines like 'Your Sinclair' and 'Sinclair User' (and equivalent magazines were published for Commodore owners). Did you have similar magazines in your country, King?<br />

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:37 pm 
Martian War Lord

LOL!!! Sorry King Of Sand!<br /><br />I used to love my Spectrum, had loads of games for it. Played more with those than I have ever done on a PC. <br /><br />Good look with the ebay Spectrums!<br /><br /> :D

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:39 pm 

Well, the magazines here in Sweden weren't that great if I may say. I remember when having a Atari Mega STE, I used to subscribe to a magazine from UK. We didn't have much here in Sweden. <br /><br /><br />(Hmm... I wonder how to play the game War of the Worlds for the Spectrum ?!! Quite funny that I can't remember it being a problem when I was young.)<br /><br /><br />Do you still have your old Spectrum 128? Is it a Spectrum 128 or a Spectrum +2 (with built in taperecorder) It sounds like you have a +2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:50 pm 
Advanced Member

You're right King, it was a +2. Thanks for jogging my memory.<br /><br />No, don't have it anymore. Gave it to my brother when he moved in with his girlfriend, whom he later married. Don't know what he did with it. He probably threw it out when he upgraded.<br /><br />

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:10 pm 

It's interesting that the old Speccys goes for around £15-45! If your brother still has it, it maybe would be smart to put it on ebay!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:54 pm 

I recently brought a C64 Commodore on ebay, cost me around £25 inc delivery but the $£%ing doesnt work. Oh well<br /><br />I was really gutted about that cause I used to love the last ninja it was most excellent. *Stands in Bill and Ted's stance doing air guitar* Dididididill

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk
www.webspaceinvaders.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 7 posts ]