Eve Of The War

A forum for all 'War Of The Worlds' fans
Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC




Home Page Home Page  [ 5 posts ] 
  Print view
Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
Offline 
 Post subject: Greetings!
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:05 pm 
User avatar
Newbie

Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 7:59 pm
Posts: 10
Hi All,

The forum on WaroftheWorldsOnline.com appears to be getting an upgrade, so I thought I'd use the opportunity to register here!

As many of you know, at least those of you who visi WOWOnline.com, I represent a collection of 31 original Alvim Corrêa drawings used in the 1906 L'Vandamme Special Edition of the War of the Worlds. These, together with other Corrêa artifacts, are currently on display at the Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame in Seattle, Washington USA. There is a large collection of Alvim Corrêa illustrations in the Original Novel section of this forum, thanks to Horsell Common!

Please let me know if you have any questions relating to Alvim Corrêa and his work.

Cheers!
Carioca


"Alvim Corrêa did more for this work with his brush than I did with my pen." HG Wells on the 1906 L'Vandamme Edition of The War of the Worlds.


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Greetings!
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:23 pm 
User avatar
Martian War Lord

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:01 pm
Posts: 1259
Location: UK
Carioca wrote:
Hi All,

The forum on WaroftheWorldsOnline.com appears to be getting an upgrade, so I thought I'd use the opportunity to register here!

As many of you know, at least those of you who visi WOWOnline.com, I represent a collection of 31 original Alvim Corrêa drawings used in the 1906 L'Vandamme Special Edition of the War of the Worlds. These, together with other Corrêa artifacts, are currently on display at the Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame in Seattle, Washington USA. There is a large collection of Alvim Corrêa illustrations in the Original Novel section of this forum, thanks to Horsell Common!

Please let me know if you have any questions relating to Alvim Corrêa and his work.

Cheers!
Carioca


Hello Carioca

Welcome to the forum

The artwork is also in my new gallery! In the miscellaneous section. Hope thats ok?

Take care

Lee


Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Greetings!
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:03 pm 
User avatar
Newbie

Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 7:59 pm
Posts: 10
eveofthewar wrote:

Hello Carioca

Welcome to the forum

The artwork is also in my new gallery! In the miscellaneous section. Hope thats ok?

Take care

Lee


No worries, as the more exposure Corrêa's work receives, the better! Besides, reproductions of his illustrations are now in the public domain. I can assure you, however, that the original drawings and other artifacts are MUCH more compelling than anything currently found on the Internet! :D

In addition to the 31 illustrations, I have also loaned a post card from HG Wells to Alvim Corrêa, an original promotional poster from the 1906 Edition, and a copy of the book (#42/500) to the Science Fiction Museum. If nothing else, the War of the Worlds exhibit at SFM is worth a trip to Seattle! British Airways flies direct!

Cheers!
Carioca


"Alvim Corrêa did more for this work with his brush than I did with my pen." HG Wells on the 1906 L'Vandamme Edition of The War of the Worlds.


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Greetings!
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:28 am 
User avatar
Martian War Lord

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:01 pm
Posts: 1259
Location: UK
Carioca wrote:
eveofthewar wrote:

Hello Carioca

Welcome to the forum

The artwork is also in my new gallery! In the miscellaneous section. Hope thats ok?

Take care

Lee


No worries, as the more exposure Corrêa's work receives, the better! Besides, reproductions of his illustrations are now in the public domain. I can assure you, however, that the original drawings and other artifacts are MUCH more compelling than anything currently found on the Internet! :D

In addition to the 31 illustrations, I have also loaned a post card from HG Wells to Alvim Corrêa, an original promotional poster from the 1906 Edition, and a copy of the book (#42/500) to the Science Fiction Museum. If nothing else, the War of the Worlds exhibit at SFM is worth a trip to Seattle! British Airways flies direct!

Cheers!
Carioca


Well anything I can use on the website, please let me know, you can email anything you have to info@eveofthewar.co.uk

Cheers

:mrgreen:


Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:21 pm 
User avatar
Newbie

Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 7:59 pm
Posts: 10
I'll do my best! Check out the 'Original Novel' section for my latest Corrêa-related news.

Cheers!
Carioca


"Alvim Corrêa did more for this work with his brush than I did with my pen." HG Wells on the 1906 L'Vandamme Edition of The War of the Worlds.


Top
 Profile  
 
Search for:
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Home Page Home Page  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  

cron
Powered by Skin-Lab © Alpha Trion