Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:55 am 

H.G Wells house in woking which over looks Horsell Common so i am told has now been turned into 4 flats.I was speaking to an estate agent in woking and she informed me that one of the flats(which incorporates the room in which he wrote WOTW)is on the market for a snip at £235,000.This flat is called the Belvedere apparently. :alien32:

Bloody Martians nicked my bible..!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:08 pm 

Another little bit of information if anyone is interested;The sandpits near the area called 'Anthony's' on Horsell common is where alot of people believe the martians first cylinder landed.These sandpits were not dug until after world war two.The actual sandpits(known to wells at the time when he wrote the book)are slightly further to the west of Horsell common and are now covered partially with trees.At the time the book was written i think most of Horsell common was heather and shrubs.There is a cycle tour of all these areas organised through a heritage visitors centre in the town centre of Woking.They do a booklet.I think its £2:00 a copy and although i have not read it personally,have been reliably told it does exist.Now then...now then,wouldn't that be a lovely way to spend a nice warm summer afternoon.....not around the month of August i might add.Too scary............ :) :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:29 pm 

The Curate wrote:
H.G Wells house in woking which over looks Horsell Common so i am told has now been turned into 4 flats.I was speaking to an estate agent in woking and she informed me that one of the flats(which incorporates the room in which he wrote WOTW)is on the market for a snip at £235,000.This flat is called the Belvedere apparently.

I'm looking forward to seeing Well's Woking in Pendragons production.I'm guessing that to re-create old Woking those sences were filmed in the 'Pacific northwest.Be interesting to know where i might add............

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:07 pm 
Martian War Lord

[quote=The Curate,Jan 20 2005, 01:08 PM]<br />Another little bit of information if anyone is interested;The sandpits near the area called 'Anthony's' on Horsell common is where alot of people believe the martians first cylinder landed.These sandpits were not dug until after world war two.The actual sandpits(known to wells at the time when he wrote the book)are slightly further to the west of Horsell common and are now covered partially with trees.At the time the book was written i think most of Horsell common was heather and shrubs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:17 pm 
Martian War Lord

Sorry messed that up

I did a painting a few years ago (see top of this page) and haveing seen photos of the sand pit since though i got it wrong. but if the pits have been moved i can relax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 5 posts ]