View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:08 pm 
Tripod King

right then, since its come up once or twice i shall explain to you all the meaning of my screen name.<br /><br />Firstly one thing it is definately not is any kind of tribute in any way shape or form to David Bowie or his bloody Ziggy Stardust song! <br /><br />Now then my screen name is derived from the title of the song "Leper Messiah" by my favorite band, Metallica. For those interested it can be found on the Master Of Puppets album<br /><br />Image<br /><br />the eagle eyed ones amongst you will note that my signiture picture is an adaption of the album cover.<br /><br />The song is track number six on Master Of Puppets and its theme is a very severe attack on leaders of the various Christian churches, accusing them of being manipulative and hooked on the power they have over their congregations. Being very much opposed to evangelical christians in particular and the religion as a whole, the song appeals to me which is why i use it as a screen name.<br /><br />incidently here are the lyrics to the song:<br /><br />
Quote:
6. Leper Messiah Lyrics<br /><br />Spineless from the start, sucked into the part<br />circus comes to town, you play the lead clown<br />Please, please<br />spreading his disease, living by his story<br />Knees, knees<br />falling to your knees, suffer for his glory<br />You will<br /><br />Time for lust, time for lie<br />time to kiss your life goodbye<br />Send me money, send me green<br />Heaven you will meet<br />Make a contribution<br />and you'll get a better seat<br />Bow to Leper Messiah<br /><br />Marvel at his tricks, need your Sunday fix<br />blind devotion came, rotting your brain<br />Chain, chain<br />Join the endless chain<br />Fame, Fame<br />Infection is the game, stinking drunk with power<br />We see<br /><br />Time for lust, time for lie<br />time to kiss your life goodbye<br />Send me money, send me green<br />Heaven you will meet<br />Make a contribution<br />and you'll get a better seat<br />Bow to Leper Messiah<br /><br />Bow to Leper Messiah<br />Witchery, weakening<br />Sees the sheep are gathering<br />set the trap, hypnotize<br />now you follow<br /><br />Time for lust, time for lie<br />time to kiss your life goodbye<br />Send me money, send me green<br />Heaven you will meet<br />Make a contribution<br />and you'll get a better seat<br />Bow to Leper Messiah<br /><br />Lie.<br />
<br /><br />i hope that explains it sufficiently for you and ends speculation on my name :)

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:01 pm 
Martian War Lord

So nothing to do with the Wombles then?, all this time I've got it wrong :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:07 am 
Tripod King

indeed :D *packs Womble hunting rifle*

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:40 am 
Martian War Lord

:rolleyes: I'm saying nothing. :rolleyes:

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:56 am 
Tripod King

Loz wrote:
I'm saying nothing.

that is quite clearly not true isnt it? :P

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:58 pm 
Martian War Lord

;)

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:37 pm 

Indeed church leaders are baddy bad. We got the infamous Knutby incident here in old sweden, and the crazed homophobic priest everyone knows about (atleast swedes) :wink:

Believe what you see, as long as it isnt on the telly. :D And not from those who call themselves magicians and holy either :)

How to make a tripod:
1. Take a small wooden toy wheel (cheap in hobby stores)
2. Take three nails.
3. Figure the rest out yourself.

Pretty crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 7 posts ]