Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 22 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:48 pm 

A new trailer has appeared on the net, some new images and gives a bit more incite into the story line.<br /><br /><a href='http://www.waroftheworlds.ukwise.co.uk/newsboard/view.php?id=060405095440' target='_blank'>CLICK HERE TO VIEW TRAILER</a><br /><br />Enjoy :smoking:

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk
www.webspaceinvaders.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:29 pm 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-Martian Myster The New Master+Apr 6 2005, 08:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Martian Myster The New Master @ Apr 6 2005, 08:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->A new trailer has appeared on the net, some new images and gives a bit more incite into the story line.<br /><br /><a href='http://www.waroftheworlds.ukwise.co.uk/newsboard/view.php?id=060405095440' target='_blank'>CLICK HERE TO VIEW TRAILER</a><br /><br />Enjoy  :smoking:<br />[right][snapback]2836[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Ah you beat me to it on this one!<br /><br />Great trailer, loved it... :D

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:26 pm 
Martian War Lord

Now added a few screenshots too....<br /><br />Image<br />Image<br />Image<br />Image<br />Image

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:34 pm 
Tripod King

i didnt, and not just because im not keen on the Paramount version. I wish they wouldnt market it in such a way that keenly portrays their pride in ignoring the original story, disrespecting a classic work of literature, insulting its author, using its title as a brand name and nothing more and throwing in some pathetic usual-old-tat action movie so-called storyline about a split up family whilst taking their audiences to be complete idiots, which granted for the non War Of The Worlds fans that will see this is probably an accurate assesment.

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:29 am 

Oh...FFS...Lep....quit your bitching and moaning...<br /><br />*downloading trailer*<br /><br />I'm a WotW fan...have been for as long as I can remember...and I'm going to see this movie. In all areas...this is pretty much a modern twist on the book.<br /><br />Say what you want Lep...not going to change anyones opinions.<br /><br />I'm done

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:21 am 

I agree with Leper Missiah.<br /><br />This story is not some Star Trek franchise. From what I have seen of Paramounts version, its just and ID4 spin off with the wotw theme as a back drop.<br /><br />The term "based on H G Wells story" means in this case "We stole the title"<br /><br />This will be a bastardised re-telling. You can't change key parts of a story and still call it the same thing. <br /><br />

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:52 am 
Advanced Member

Overall there wasn't much new there, but a couple noteworthy things:<br /><br />1) It may have just been the shaky quality of the trailer, but it looked like the tripod that you could catch a glimpse of next to the ferry had been almost completely blurred out in this trailer. You couldn't really tell there was anything there but the boat.<br /><br />2) Cruise trying to get the soldiers to turn back, yelling "There's nothing living in that direction!" was good. It continues to be pretty clear that this is going to have a desperate survival tone to it that will seperate it from the ID4's and V's out there.<br />

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:09 am 

I think this movie will be great! What we will have to do is; not thinking that this movie is in any way affiliated with the original story and instead think of it as a great action / scifi / survival movie! YES, they stole the HG Wells title but that is not any unusual at all... Take for example The Time Machine.... Just let it be and enjoy a great movie! I hope it will be great anyway :)<br /><br /><br />One more thing... I wonder what "3D" stands for in that Japanese trailer....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:33 am 
Tripod King

<!--QuoteBegin-King of Sand+Apr 7 2005, 09:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(King of Sand @ Apr 7 2005, 09:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I think this movie will be great! What we will have to do is; not thinking that this movie is in any way affiliated with the original story and instead think of it as a great action / scifi / survival movie!  YES, they stole the HG Wells title but that is not any unusual at all... Take for example The Time Machine....  Just let it be and enjoy a great movie!  I hope it will be great anyway :)<br />One more thing...  I wonder what "3D" stands for in that Japanese trailer....<br />[right][snapback]2853[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />the thing is i could if they hadnt called it War Of The Worlds i could very easily enjoy it on the basis of it being an action movie, but the fact that theyve called it War Of The Worlds means im going to judge it on those terms. <br /><br />now then, Mart Ian Tripe Odd, welcome to the internet, where people express their opinions. That is what i was doing, i wasnt asking anyone to change theirs, although you appear to want me to change mine. If i were to it would be because this production gave me a reason to. I dont appreciate your rude and vulgar expressions, you can speak with me civilly like everyone else on this board has when ive debated with them or not at all.

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:10 am 

...<br /><br />Thanks for the welcome...I'm not trying to change your opinion...I'm just baffled as to why you keep slamming this movie even before you've seen the finished product...Oh wait...You already said you're not going to see it...So I guess it's a failure in your eyes...Oh well. I guess Steve'll try harder next time.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:33 pm 
Tripod King

<!--QuoteBegin-Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM)+Apr 7 2005, 11:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM) @ Apr 7 2005, 11:10 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->...<br /><br />Thanks for the welcome...I'm not trying to change your opinion...I'm just baffled as to why you keep slamming this movie even before you've seen the finished product...Oh wait...You already said you're not going to see it...So I guess it's a failure in your eyes...Oh well. I guess Steve'll try harder next time.<br />[right][snapback]2856[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />actually what ive said is im not going to see it at the CINEMA or buy it on DVD IF reports that Paramount are going to take legal action that would prevent Pendragon from releasing their movie in Europe are true. Instead i will simply download it. I keep slamming this movie because at every turn it releases material which demonstrates to me that it is a poor effort. Ive been very clear more than once that im not judging the finished movie yet. I also said that i would never even think about trying to suppose that my opinion of this movie matters in a microscopically small way to Paramount or Speilberg. <br /><br />And yes you were trying to say i should change my opinions, as you so crudely put it:<br /><br />
Quote:
Oh...FFS...Lep....quit your bitching and moaning...

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:25 pm 
Martian War Lord

What is strange here, and I've been on the recieving end of it too, is that when you have a strong opinion about something and post it, it seems to really upset some people and they kind of attack you, but don't actually know you. it is a waste of your own personal energy to get bothered by someone not likeing what you like.<br />You know you just have to come up with your side of the argument because it is interesting to debate stuff here. <br />I mean take member curious, who left some posts that made us aware that he harbours very bad feelings toward this forum and some of the posters on it. Gloating because Pendragon news was starting to look bad. (sorry to pick on Curious there but I mean get a life man).<br />I love it when some differs with your opinion. <br />The debate over on Backward Interlects is full of disagreeing posts and that's why it is nearly seven pages long now and gets a lot of views. <br />When I created it I kinda hoped folks here would go "yes that's right, your so right, that's what I think too." But they don't and its fun to get everyones take on the Martian's technology. None of it upsets me, it gets me thinking, I question my own ideas and then try and strengthen them.<br />So as we say in Liverpool, "Calm down, calm down."<br />

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:25 pm 
Martian War Lord

:D

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:32 pm 

*reads Leps reply*<br /><br />...*sigh*...I said that "quit your bitchin'" cause that's what you're doing. You're acting like a 4 year old.<br /><br />Grow up, it's a movie, get over it.<br /><br />@Loz: I realized that too...then again I'm a member at warpstorm.com (the most...um...how should I put it...spammiest board on the net) And I get used to it...it's just some people tick me off fairly easy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:47 am 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM)+Apr 7 2005, 10:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM) @ Apr 7 2005, 10:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->*reads Leps reply*<br /><br />...*sigh*...I said that "quit your bitchin'" cause that's what you're doing. You're acting like a 4 year old.<br /><br />Grow up, it's a movie, get over it.<br /><br />@Loz: I realized that too...then again I'm a member at warpstorm.com (the most...um...how should I put it...spammiest board on the net) And I get used to it...it's just some people tick me off fairly easy.<br />[right][snapback]2888[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br />The thing to do, I've found is not to fuel their fire, If you do not like what they are posting, ignore them, don't reply. its a lot less stressful :smoking: <br />But not as entertaining for the rest of us :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:19 am 
Tripod King

<!--QuoteBegin-Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM)+Apr 7 2005, 10:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM) @ Apr 7 2005, 10:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->*reads Leps reply*<br /><br />...*sigh*...I said that "quit your bitchin'" cause that's what you're doing. You're acting like a 4 year old.<br /><br />Grow up, it's a movie, get over it.<br /><br />[right][snapback]2888[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />you say that like im obsessed with it or something, im not, and im a little confused about what you expected me to discuss in a forum for discussion about an upcoming film if not that film.<br /><br />and i see you didnt respond to any of my points, you just leapt in with the insult, not an impressive way to argue.<br />

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:38 am 

I love it here, it never rains but pours :P <br /><br />And as lonesome crow stated it does make us all laugh...<br /><br />Big up to my main man Sir Lonesome Crow.<br /><br />and Leper you know you rule and we all love your posts, the forum gets cold and lonely without ya man :D <br /><br />And to those sad people who like to insult everyone "Chill Winston"<br /><br />Here smoke one of these :smoking: <br /><br />

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk
www.webspaceinvaders.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:17 pm 

<!--QuoteBegin-Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM)+Apr 7 2005, 10:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM) @ Apr 7 2005, 10:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->*reads Leps reply*<br /><br />...*sigh*...I said that "quit your bitchin'" cause that's what you're doing. You're acting like a 4 year old.<br />[right][snapback]2888[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Worse to be passive and just agree on everything, like joining war, than questioning it. Its funnier to listen to an activist than a chinese police man, "The State is supreme." Or like now "Paramount is supreme, do not speak against, it is undemocratic (!) and unamerican (sigh) to do so..."<br /><br />Agreed with Leper Messiah. HG Wells' work is something that can never be better- only worse.<br /><br />*Deep loud voice*<br />Pas-ss the peace pipe!

How to make a tripod:
1. Take a small wooden toy wheel (cheap in hobby stores)
2. Take three nails.
3. Figure the rest out yourself.

Pretty crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:29 pm 

For what its worth i'll tell you what i think, i was on a particularly long and tedious run in my truck today so i thought i would stick wotw on the cd player and listen to the whole thing with no distractions and it got me thinking about how wonderful the original story is and how truly dissapointed i am about the problems with the pendragon version.<br />I am looking forward to the paramount version but the more pictures and teasers i see , the more i can see the whole story and thus the magic slipping away.<br />It seems that so many fundamental aspects of the story have been changed/altered/sidestepped that with the exception of the tripods there seems to be almost nothing recognisable to anyone who actually knows the original story.<br />The cylinder landing, the artilleryman, the thunderchild, dead london and all the images that those scenes conjure up have been replaced with either a passing resemblance or something totally different.<br />I will go to see the film because as i've said before i've waited a long time for anything and it does look like being an exciting movie but deep down inside i am hoping and praying that pendragon can pull something out of the bag, even if its a poor quality film and i know i have critiscised it recently it will be a telling of the story in its original setting and timeframe and that is what i for one want to see.

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:43 pm 

Well, returning to the subject... What do you think 3D stands for??? Will Paramount release a 3D-version or what?? Isn't it a Japanese here in the Forum who can translate it?<br /><br />And please, let everyone has his / her own opinion without anyone trying to change it.... Don't spam treads with nonsense no one want to read...<br /><br />//King of Sand

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:59 pm 

f*ck it...<br /><br />*conceides defeat*<br /><br />*goes to read more posts*

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:49 pm 
Tripod King

<!--QuoteBegin-gavv8+Apr 8 2005, 08:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gavv8 @ Apr 8 2005, 08:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->For what its worth i'll tell you what i think, i was on a particularly long and tedious run in my truck today so i thought i would stick wotw on the cd player and listen to the whole thing with no distractions and it got me thinking about how wonderful the original story is and how truly dissapointed i am about the problems with the pendragon version.<br />I am looking forward to the paramount version but the more pictures and teasers i see , the more i can see the whole story and thus the magic slipping away.<br />It seems that so many fundamental aspects of the story have been changed/altered/sidestepped that with the exception of the tripods there seems to be almost nothing recognisable to anyone who actually knows the original story.<br />The cylinder landing, the artilleryman, the thunderchild, dead london and all the images that those scenes conjure up have been replaced with either a passing resemblance or something totally different.<br />I will go to see the film because as i've said before i've waited a long time for anything and it does look like being an exciting movie but deep down inside i am hoping and praying that pendragon can pull something out of the bag, even if its a poor quality film and i know i have critiscised it recently it will be a telling of the story in its original setting and timeframe and that is what i for one want to see.<br />[right][snapback]2910[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />trust me man, if you read the book again as i did a month or two ago the disappointment at Paramounts approach becomes more severe, and you just hope that Pendragon might somehow pull it out the bag.

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 22 posts ]