Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:13 pm 

Does anyone remeber the series on BBC1 called the Tripods?, I seem to remember catching a few episodes, Tripods ruled the earth and capped humans to take control of them (if my memory serves me right) are these available to buy on dvd?, if so how many series were made?. :aliean:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:25 pm 
Tripod King

I remember it. Two series were made, there was supposed to be a third, concluding the story, but poor ratings meant the BBC never bothered. The problem, I think, is that they tried to stretch a fairly slender story over too many episodes. They could have easily done the whole story in two series' worth of episodes, but by fannying around with so many they pretty well guaranteed losing audience interest and thus doomed it to incompletion. The tw*ts...<br /><br />It is out on DVD now, you should be able to find it on Amazon and all the usual places.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:26 pm 

McTodd wrote:
I remember it. Two series were made, there was supposed to be a third, concluding the story, but poor ratings meant the BBC never bothered. The problem, I think, is that they tried to stretch a fairly slender story over too many episodes. They could have easily done the whole story in two series' worth of episodes, but by fannying around with so many they pretty well guaranteed losing audience interest and thus doomed it to incompletion. The tw*ts...It is out on DVD now, you should be able to find it on Amazon and all the usual places.

Cheers for the info found it on a few sites but only series 1 PAH !!! need series 2 as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:05 pm 

If you liked the tripods you'll be interested to hear that a movie version is a very real possibility and has been greenlighted for production.

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:53 am 
Martian War Lord

It was a trilogy of books too.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:18 am 

Loz wrote:
It was a trilogy of books too.

Looking on the BBC website it turns out the 2nd series never made it to dvd

not much point in selling the first series really then PAH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:43 pm 
Advanced Member

maybe the first series didnt sell as well as the bbc hoped so they decided to scrap the release of of series 2.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:06 pm 
Martian War Lord

The second series was much better than the first in my opinion. The Tripod creatures themselves were in every episode, as it was pretty much all set in the Tripod City. They had great traveling vehicles in the city like flying crystals.<br /><br />But they probably didn't release season 2 because as Jon T says the first didn't sell. Or they may be staggering release.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:15 pm 
Tripod King

The BBC are pathetically slow at releasing some things on DVD. Unless it's Little Britain or something that's so obviously successful that even they can see it through their blinkers, you wait months, years even.<br /><br />For example, 'Seven Wonders of the Industrial World', a cracking, superb documentary series with wonderful special effects, critically acclaimed, big fat successful book, etc. Three years old. It only appeared on DVD a couple of months ago. And I wrote to the Beeb last year asking them if they would release it and they didn't even bother replying.<br /><br />So apart from being cretins, they're rude f*****s to boot.

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 9 posts ]