View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:53 pm 
Advanced Member

From comingsoon.net, the first image showing Tim Robbins as Ogilvy the Astronomer (?)<br /><br /><a href='http://www.comingsoon.net/news/waroftheworldsnews.php?id=8915' target='_blank'>http://www.comingsoon.net/news/warofthewor...ews.php?id=8915</a><br /><br />Now admittedly I don't personally know any astronomers, but I've seen some on TV and they sure as hell don't look like that! Is there some group of redneck survivalist astronomers I don't know about? <br /><br />Doesn't exactly help my confidence that Spielberg is "following the events of the book" as he claims. :alien2:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:32 pm 

Hey Cool...it's the Curate...not Ogilvy.<br /><br />-1 for Steven...<br /><br />...although it's prolly going to be a good movie regardless of how...odd some of the characters are placed...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:59 pm 

Maybe he's a mix of all three: Oglivy/Curate/Artilleryman<br /><br />I was pretty dubious that the movie's Oglivy would be much like the book's. Given the nature and operations of the invaders described so far, there wouldn't really be a character watching explosions on Mars. Also, Robbins would have been getting pretty good billing for a guy who gets torched right near the begining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:13 am 
Tripod King

yeah somehow i got the feeling Tim Robbins wasnt brought in to get killed in the opening half hour....

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:42 am 
Martian War Lord

Hitchcock did it in Psycho with what's her mush, and Craven did it with Drew Barrymore in Scream, and then there was Samuel Jackson in that shark one. So you never know.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:16 am 
Tripod King

It's not Spielberg's version that's following the novel; it's the Pendragon one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:53 pm 

Tim Robbins was just on the Howard Stern radio show. When asked about his character, Tim said that he's involved with helping Cruise and his daughter get into a shelter and that he's mentally unbalanced...with his problems becoming more apparent as things unfold. He also mentioned being in a scene involving an alien probe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:01 pm 
Martian War Lord

Sounds like the scene in the house with the curate and the adition of the girl. Mentaly unbalanced fits the Curate. So basically they find a haven. If the invaders are imerging from the ground in some sort of cylander type thing then it could come up through the house and trap them simmilar to the book. Then Ogilvy becomes a problem and threatens their discovery with his erratic behaviour. In the book they are trapped in the house for weeks but in the film it will probably be a day or so, if that. But I gues Cruise and the others see the invaders preparing their machines and doing a bit of feasting and Ogilvy causes them to come looking for fresh meat. Hence the axe.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 8 posts ]