View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 12 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:28 pm 
Tripod King

Well lets face it, Tom Cruise is not the sharpest tool in the shed, he's a bit of an idot in fact and he's chosen to be part of the wrecking of my favorite book, but lets give Tom a chance, lets see what he has to say about adapting the works of a man a good five hundred times more intelligent than him.<br /><br />on the subject of the invaders, who are a complex illustration of the damage done to the world by war, the damage done to peoples lives by war and an effective illustration of what happens when our own advanced nations attack somewhere powerless to resist them, Cruise says:<br /><br />"The Martians in Wells' book are evil and ugly"<br /><br />Top notch insight there Tom. never mind that Wells is distinct in regarding the possibility they might not be evil, or at least not more so than our own society. But at least you did get one right, they are pretty ugly by our standards. Still since you've obviously read the book, lets get your thoughts on translating the book to screen:<br /><br />"it's going to maintain the tone of H.G. Wells' [1898 book]. These guys are coming to dominate Earth."<br /><br />oh dear Mr Cruise, if that is your real name. What about all the other aspects of the book? the underlying stuff that makes it such an important novel? Whilst i appreciate if you were to read the book you might miss such points im sure that you playing the lead role and all someone might have tried explaining it to you. Lets close on the most revealing quote of yours. When asked what the man HG Wells himself might have made of this charade of a WOTW film you say:<br /><br />"He's really pumped and has given us free rein to do what we want. [Laughs loudly]"<br /><br />please.....please god let it be a joke. The sorry thing is I cant really say for sure that it is. And even if its not it does make me sad the man himself isnt around to work on this, at least then nobody could argue with the end result and very possibly we might have avoided the plague of Cruise, evidently a closet George W Bush impersonator

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:54 pm 

:rolleyes:<br /><br />How about this. Don't go and see the film! If you think Tom Cruise is so dumb and Spielberg is 'wreaking' your favourite book don't give them your money. Just like I am not going to give Pendragon my money... they don't deserve it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:33 pm 
Tripod King

Ill give it a try when it comes out, but everything so far points to slaughter of the text. Ill still see it because its not a matter of money, its a matter of principle and you cant argue principles if you are not aware of the facts. so far i am in posession of all released facts on this film, and i intend to keep it that way, thats why im going to see it.

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:13 am 

:D Anything other than a true adaptation of the original text is shocking but i am the curate so that excuses me... :bunda:

Bloody Martians nicked my bible..!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:18 am 

With any luck Mr Cruise will have his head pulled of by some martian who is irrate after discovering that in this adaptation there is no Tripod for him to roam around in.......wouldn't you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:04 pm 

I've heard two different stories, one saying that there will be spaceships and 'hovercrafts' and one supposedly from an extra saying that there will be tripods and i too have seen the set photo's that show lighting rigs place above buildings for the cast to look up to, but seeing as the original story gives the impression of the tripods being much taller than a normal house, i'm not sure quite what to believe.

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:58 am 

I honestly think at this point its kind of hard to judge anything about this movie beings we have only had a taylor made teaser and dozens of on set images to go by. Everything else is speculation so I'm reserving judgement until we see something more concrete. <br /><br />I suppose I'm not as upset about this movie because I do understand books and film are two different mediums that both make their points in their own ways. So I guess my point is that you should take a chill pill or not go see the movie and quit bitching about something noone outside the writers and production crew know anything about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:12 am 

<_< Well there is one thing for certain which i know for a fact...............It ain't set in victorian England and it ain't set round the turn of the century.(sorry thats two things) and paramount are just gonna 'butcher' our much loved book.You don't have to speak to even Thomas or Stevie to know that one.(Right i'm off for a chill pill...............anyone want one) :wacko:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:30 am 

<_< One more thing i'd like to point out is this.Firstly, i'm not having a bitch(my missus is american)but as america has not got much of a history to call upon.They do have a very bad habbit(the film makers)of 'making up their own version of events'.If we decided to make a film about the american civil war and set it around lets say yeovil in somerset in about 1645 they would be the first to 'spit their dummies out'.I really do apologise for my comments lads but i've got a point.................oh crap,i've dropped my dummy on the floor,give us a minute while i find it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:35 pm 

<!--QuoteBegin-Leper Messiah+Jan 16 2005, 01:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Leper Messiah @ Jan 16 2005, 01:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"The Martians in Wells' book are evil and ugly"[right][snapback]223[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />Could have fooled me for a real quote... Or is it? Well, I guess Steven has read it for him... A goodnight fairy tale! :P

How to make a tripod:
1. Take a small wooden toy wheel (cheap in hobby stores)
2. Take three nails.
3. Figure the rest out yourself.

Pretty crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:33 pm 
Tripod King

i assure you my dear Trog, the quote is oh so real

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 12 posts ]