View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 24 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:55 pm 
Martian War Lord

This is interesting, I haven't seen this before. A theatrical poster for Pendragon's War Of The Worlds, has appeared on IMDB.com<br /><br />Has anyone else seen this before? What are your thoughts on it?<br /><br />Image<br /><br />Thanks to Brian Krause for letting me know.<br /><br /><a href='http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0425638/iid_893172.jpg' target='_blank'>http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0425638/iid_893172.jpg</a><br /><br />

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:41 pm 
Martian War Lord

No, not seen that before. How long has it been on IMDB.com I wounder?<br /><br />Its not a million miles from a photo of my own model of the Martian<br /><br />[attachmentid=60]<br />

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:56 pm 
Advanced Member

<!--QuoteBegin-Lonesome Crow+Mar 24 2005, 11:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lonesome Crow @ Mar 24 2005, 11:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->No, not seen that before. How long has it been on IMDB.com I wounder?<br /><br />Its not a million miles from a photo of my own model of the Martian<br /><br />[attachmentid=60]<br />[right][snapback]2410[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />It must have just gone up within the last day or two. I checked their imdb page a few days ago and it was still the old poster then.<br /><br />It is a considerable improvement over the first one. The million-dollar question, of course, is will there really be a movie to go with it?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:04 am 
Martian War Lord

At least it shows there's still life in the old dog :D We've heard nothing for weeks then this.<br />keep those fingers crossed :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:18 am 

Quote:
What are your thoughts on it?
<br /> :D :D And here I was thinking the embarrassment couldn't get any bigger.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:10 am 

Thats not a martian, thats just a really ugly kid :blink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:59 am 

I think the picture is kind of cool :) Much better than the first one. Still hoping to get a copy or what ever of that movie after the 30:th of March

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:18 am 

Is the publicity department actually in the same building as the movie making department...maybe no one's told them.

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:36 pm 
Martian War Lord

According to some people, this is a fan made poster and not made by Pendragon.... but it seems strange that IMDB have put it on their site and are calling it a "Theatrical Poster"<br /><br />Will keep you posted...<br /><br />

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:22 pm 
Tripod King

Image<br /><br />'Look into my eye's, not around my eye's but into my eye's. Your now under!, walk, walk this way, walk into my collecting basket and preapre to be drained of blood and all common sense. 1,2,3, your awake!'<br /><br />Joking aside (even thought the Martian is a bit cross eyed) I think this is an official poster and not a fan jobby. It has the same style as the 'teaser' poster released before Christmas, the credits at the bottom of the poster seem accurate, but this is just my own observation. One thing to remember is the length of time it took before Pendragon themselves to put the 'teaser' poster onto there site, along time after they circulated it about the net if I remember correctly. But so far we have no proof that this is 1/ official Pendragon and 2/ a fan creation.<br /> <br />H_C<br /><a href='http://www.waroftheworlsonline.com' target='_blank'>http://www.waroftheworlsonline.com</a>

H_C

Forum Moderator to: www.waroftheworldsonline.com - Your Source For The Martian Invasion Since 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:47 pm 

That doesn't look anything like the multi-eyed Martian depicted in either preproduction artwork or the photo from the film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:35 pm 
Advanced Member

<!--QuoteBegin-Thunder Child+Mar 25 2005, 02:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thunder Child @ Mar 25 2005, 02:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->That doesn't look anything like the multi-eyed Martian depicted in either preproduction artwork or the photo from the film.<br />[right][snapback]2432[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />That picture and the artwork was from the "pre-9/11" version of the film which was going to be set in present-day Seattle. Hines said in at least one interview that the Martians in the current version would be more faithful to Wells' descriptions, which the eyes in that picture appear to be. Hopefully if the movie does get release they will finally update their web site with some nwe pictures so we can get a better idea of what the film looks like until the DVD comes out.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:35 pm 

I'm confused then, why did the photo of the Martian appear on the site long after they were showing photos of the actors in Victorian dress ? Was it some kind of stop-gap tease? (It does seem to have disappeared from most sites.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:47 pm 
Martian War Lord

Poster has been confirmed as Official, direct from Pendragon.<br /><br />Release date of movie is now late April, according to their site<br /><br />YAY!<br /><br />

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:07 pm 
Advanced Member

i like it, but the eyes of the martian look to sympathetic if you ask me, its jsut something about them that dont scare me, i always imagined the martians looked like the ones from the PC game, those slanted eyes showed no emotion, these one do.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:20 pm 

"i like it, but the eyes of the martian look to sympathetic if you ask me, its jsut something about them that dont scare me, i always imagined the martians looked like the ones from the PC game, those slanted eyes showed no emotion, these one do."

I´m totally agree with you. In my opinion, the martians are Demons, images of Evil and this martian look like a lost dog.
But the poster is good...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:38 pm 

Maybe they are just leading you into a false sense of security. Like the people of Horsham common who went about their business as if it was any other day!

:wink:

Move on be brave, don't weep at my grave, because I am no longer here, But please never let your memory of me disappear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:29 pm 
Tripod King

MARCIANO! wrote:

I´m totally agree with you. In my opinion, the martians are Demons, images of Evil and this martian look like a lost dog.
But the poster is good...

although in the book, Wells is clear in regarding the possibility that the Martians are not evil. One of the many aspects of War Of The Worlds is that it is anti war. Wells used the Martians to illustrate how the invading British Empire might seem to the far less advanced nations it conquered. Wells demonstrates his Martians to be no more evil than the society that he lived in.

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:30 pm 
Martian War Lord

I suppose one of things that made the martians so horrible to behold was the obvious effects our atmosphere has on them.
the martians are no more evil than we are, they do what we do to leeser species, and foreign lands. but also due to their more basic bodies, lack of digestive system and hormones, they are unemotional. they just get on with the job in the best possible way with the resources at hand.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:37 pm 

It doesnt look real. I know martians are not real, but it doesnt look like real hide, more like coal. It looks like a cgi newbie's attempt, too bad.

The puppy eyes doesnt fit on the poster. It looks like WOTW is a documentary about the Iraq war seen from a puppies perspective... And a rather beaten puppy that is.

Ahh, its the Coal Puppy Golems! :shock:

How to make a tripod:
1. Take a small wooden toy wheel (cheap in hobby stores)
2. Take three nails.
3. Figure the rest out yourself.

Pretty crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:36 pm 
Martian War Lord

It dosen't look very real at all. But at least it is a martian and it looks like the martains themselves will feature in the film a lot rather than be hidden in their machines.

I'd love to see them come out of the cylander, all squished and disorientated. Speilberg will probably keep his ETs hidden for ages like in the Pal version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:06 am 
Tripod King

Loz wrote:
It dosen't look very real at all. But at least it is a martian and it looks like the martains themselves will feature in the film a lot rather than be hidden in their machines.

I'd love to see them come out of the cylander, all squished and disorientated. Speilberg will probably keep his ETs hidden for ages like in the Pal version.

ah but you forget, Speilberg's invaders arnt ETs or Extra Terrestrials, they are Sub-Terranian Terrestrials :D

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:02 pm 
Martian War Lord

Maybe he should renaim his movie to - "They came from the Earth's Core!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:07 am 
Tripod King

i stand by my title - Evil Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 24 posts ]