View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 19 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:32 pm 
Martian War Lord

... is it going to happen?<br /><br />Your thoughts please....<br /><br />Nothing seems to have changed on their site? No-ones emails are getting answered....doesn't look good. :ph34r: <br /><br />

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:57 pm 
Martian War Lord

I've given up hope and already discounted Pendragon as a none starter, that way I won't get disappointed, Sorry eveofthewar :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:36 pm 

Your right it doesn't look good but i will keep my eyes peeled for any news as i'm sure many people on this forum will and here's hoping we can at least get a copy of it on dvd before too long, even it's pants it i would still like to have a look at it .<br />That's presuming it is even finished that is.

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:12 pm 
Martian War Lord

gavv8 wrote:
Your right it doesn't look good but i will keep my eyes peeled for any news as i'm sure many people on this forum will and here's hoping we can at least get a copy of it on dvd before too long, even it's pants it i would still like to have a look at it .That's presuming it is even finished that is.

Same here!

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Last edited by eveofthewar on Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:54 pm 

I said a couple of months ago that it wouldn't suprise me if the Pendragon version is an elaborate stunt of Paramounts to gain extra publicity.<br /><br />I wish we could all be proved wrong, but it certainly not looking very good.<br /> :smoking:

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk
www.webspaceinvaders.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:42 pm 
Advanced Member

eveofthewar wrote:
... is it going to happen?Your thoughts please....Nothing seems to have changed on their site?  No-ones emails are getting answered....doesn't look good.   

With no news on how close it is to completion, I agree it's looking rather bleak. It's possible that it may still get done and get the very limited theatrical release that was discussed in the recent article/interview that was posted here (five US cities for probably just a day or two) but they've only got a few days to get it finished if they're going to have any hope of getting it delivered by the 30th. One thing we know for sure, though, is that there is no chance any of us will be seeing it in a theater even if it does get done (it's only supposed to open in Atlanta, New York, Chicago, Seattle and San Francisco) so a this point all we can do is wait and hope it gets finished so we can find it on DVD in a couple months.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:18 pm 

I would imagine that they need to make at least a few quid off it and i should think the easiest way to do that would be a dvd release and save on the cost of publicising a film nobody knows exists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:30 am 

haha out in 10 days my ass

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:49 pm 

According to a forbes magazine article available via the US eveofthewar site the copyright in europe and asia is still held by paramount and it would be illegal to release a DVD over here. Pirate may be the only possibility. :angry:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:35 pm 
Tripod King

Martian Myster The New Master wrote:
I said a couple of months ago that it wouldn't suprise me if the Pendragon version is an elaborate stunt of Paramounts to gain extra publicity.I wish we could all be proved wrong, but it certainly not looking very good.

Why would Paramount, one of the largest film companies in the world, need to execute a 'stunt' like that? They have Steven Spielberg and Tom Cruise, two of the biggest names in film today. How is a tuppeny ha'penny farrago like Pendragon supposed to garner publicity for Paramount, when outside of the sci-fi geek community no-one has ever heard of Pendragon? This is yet another example of absurd conspiracy theories that fail to withstand a nano-second's examination.

No, it's perfectly simple: Tim Hines is an Ed Wood figure who got in way over his head.

There was never a chance his film would be released theatrically, and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the DVD (though that's more of a cert, given the Forbes piece).

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:43 pm 

"Oh, it was yet only a beautiful lie."<br /><br />Who needs documentaries when the conspiracies are obvious?<br /><br />I take back my pendragon budget jokes now... :(<br /><br />McTodd, Every time I will re-watch "Plane nine from outer space" I will think of this movie... *sniff*

How to make a tripod:
1. Take a small wooden toy wheel (cheap in hobby stores)
2. Take three nails.
3. Figure the rest out yourself.

Pretty crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:08 pm 

McTodd wrote:
Why would Paramount, one of the largest film companies in the world, need to execute a 'stunt' like that? They have Steven Spielberg and Tom Cruise, two of the biggest names in film today. How is a tuppeny ha'penny farrago like Pendragon supposed to garner publicity for Paramount, when outside of the sci-fi geek community no-one has ever heard of Pendragon? This is yet another example of absurd conspiracy theories that fail to withstand a nano-second's examination. No, it's perfectly simple: Tim Hines is an Ed Wood figure who got in way over his head.There was never a chance his film would be released theatrically, and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the DVD (though that's more of a cert, given the Forbes piece).

Personally I'm not one for conspiracy theories. It is purely a thought and it wouldn't suprise me with the latest marketing tactics employed by companies nowadays that this is a possibilty.

It doesn't matter about the size or power of the company its all about publicity and as everyone knows there is no such thing as bad publicity. I'm more than likely wrong, but it doesn't give food for thought

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:00 am 
Martian War Lord

McTodd wrote:
How is a tuppeny ha'penny farrago like Pendragon supposed to garner publicity for Paramount, when outside of the sci-fi geek community no-one has ever heard of Pendragon?

'Oh My God!' I'm a "SCI/FI GEEK" :( No one's told me before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:55 pm 

It would be ironic I guess, considering that the Fantastic Four movie is coming out this summer and they did a low budget version in the early 90's that turned out to be just a ploy to hang on to the film rights.<br /><br />But naaah. The Pendragon movie was announced a long time ago. A suspect they are just going to focus on getting out the DVD version in some kind of passable form.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:15 pm 

Thunder Child wrote:
I suspect they are just going to focus on getting out the DVD version in some kind of passable form.

I was browsing the Pendragonpictures.com site to look at the other stuff they've done. Seems like their stuff goes right to DVD (or VHS). Bug Wars, (a 2000 "B" sci-fi film) didn't get a USA "rating", so it must not have made it to US theaters. I guess somebody saw Bug Wars (at Cannes?) as there were a couple of reviews. Production trouble seems to have moved Bug Wars directly to video. Starship Orpheus doesn't even show up in the imdb.com database.

Unless they had some limited theatrical release, then are NOW they're going to video, it looks like Pendragon films usually go direct to video. Hope so. I plan to buy it when I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:55 pm 

Does anyone know if 'chrome' got a video release as that was suppose to be a "big" movie too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:54 pm 
Tripod King

Martian Myster The New Master wrote:
Personally I'm not one for conspiracy theories. It is purely a thought and it wouldn't suprise me with the latest marketing tactics employed by companies nowadays that this is a possibilty. It doesn't matter about the size or power of the company its all about publicity and as everyone knows there is no such thing as bad publicity. I'm more than likely wrong, but it doesn't give food for thought 

If Pendragon had come out of nowhere with only WotW, then maybe. But they do have an actual track record (abysmal as it is!). Gavv8, as far as I know, 'Chrome' was never completed.

Lonesome Crow, we're all sci-fi geeks...

BTW Martian Myster, where's your avatar from? It looks pretty cool.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:13 pm 

McTodd wrote:
BTW Martian Myster, where's your avatar from? It looks pretty cool.

Thanks McTodd.

I found it on some website and cropped it and added my own name :) The original pic is below

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:55 pm 
Tripod King

Ha ha, nice one!

What a weird design, I like it - retro, yet futuristic too... Mmmmm...

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 19 posts ]