Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 16 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:38 pm 

I remembered this story of mine after a post on Waroftheworldsonline.com (where I've been VERY busy, Lee, before you tell me off again for not posting on here enough! ;) :D Got some more help now though..Yay!) and thought I'd pose the same question to you lovely peeps here too...<br />Had any strange coincidences happen in your lives? Spooky or sinister, relate those tales here..<br />Here's my tale. Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin..<br />This is a completely true story...<br />I had a book when I was a kid called 'Supernatural World' (Usborne 1979). I used to read incessantly it's storys of 'true' tales of Vampires, Werewolves, Ghosts and all that stuff. It was packed with great lurid illustrations by people such as Oliver Frey (readers of 80's/90's UK computer mags such a Zapp64 will have seen his work) and it used to terrify me but I couldn't stop reading it.<br />I lost it many years ago but, oddly enough, about a year ago I remembered it with much fondness and wished I could read it again.<br />The very next day I was passing through a second hand book stall, having forgotten about it again, and there, on top of a pile was.. yep. The book. Fifty pence later and it now resides in a pride of place on my bookshelves.<br />Coincidence or something more sinister?<br /><br />

http://evilnerfherder.proboards78.com/index.cgi?
My forum that takes in TWoTW, Sci Fi, Horror and anything else.

http://www.myspace.com/playingwithpylons -the new music project!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:53 pm 

Holy bandola! By my tabard! By Thor! Well THATS spooky!<br /><br />Well a pure coincidence was when I was 14 and made up a character alot like Hannibal Lecter and now when I was 17 I finally saw "the silence of the lambs", and found out the likeness. Well, apart from being a cannibal, they were alike :P

How to make a tripod:
1. Take a small wooden toy wheel (cheap in hobby stores)
2. Take three nails.
3. Figure the rest out yourself.

Pretty crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:11 pm 
Martian War Lord

There was this one time that I met myself in a lift (elevator) in Billingsgate. Strange thing was we were both wearing Martian skin boots and dear stalker hats, and carry a copy of Rising Damp Weekly, featuring a full length interview on Learnerd Rossiter.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:28 pm 

<!--QuoteBegin-Loz+Mar 2 2005, 09:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Loz @ Mar 2 2005, 09:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->There was this one time that I met myself in a lift (elevator) in Billingsgate. Strange thing was we were both wearing Martian skin boots and dear stalker hats, and carry a copy of Rising Damp Weekly, featuring a full length interview on Learnerd Rossiter.<br />[right][snapback]1660[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br />Thats cause there was a mirror in the lift Loz. :P

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk
www.webspaceinvaders.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:39 pm 
Martian War Lord

Doh!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:34 am 

Oh blimey.

http://evilnerfherder.proboards78.com/index.cgi?
My forum that takes in TWoTW, Sci Fi, Horror and anything else.

http://www.myspace.com/playingwithpylons -the new music project!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:51 am 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-Evilnerfherder+Mar 2 2005, 05:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Evilnerfherder @ Mar 2 2005, 05:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I remembered this story of mine after a post on Waroftheworldsonline.com (where I've been VERY busy, Lee, before you tell me off again for not posting on here enough!  ;)  :D    <br />[right][snapback]1645[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />LOL, I don't like to loose any members!!! :D <br /><br /><br />

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:40 pm 
Tripod King

be like me!<br /><br />you know you post here to much when youre responisble for 13.97% of all posts on the board :D

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:30 pm 
Martian War Lord

keep it up you don't know how long them fingers are going to last.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:45 pm 
Martian War Lord

OK hows abouts this one.<br />About 18 years ago, I was doing some paintings for a company called Marine Art Posters. when the director of the company came to my house to drop off some work. the conversation came round to music and he said 'I got a great CD from the library today, I think you would like it' and without hesitation I said 'it's Jean Michel Jarre's, Oxygene is'nt it'?. 'Yes' he said 'it's in my car, I'll go and get it'.<br /><br />how the hell did I know that, out of the hundreds of thousands of Artists and titles it could possibly be, I guest the right one.<br /><br />And the realy strange thing was he wasn't amazed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:29 am 

<!--QuoteBegin-Leper Messiah+Mar 4 2005, 02:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Leper Messiah @ Mar 4 2005, 02:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->be like me!<br /><br />you know you post here to much when youre responisble for 13.97% of all posts on the board :D<br />[right][snapback]1752[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br />You must go through keyboards like i go through cigarette papers...

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:23 am 

Dont know who Evilnerfherder avatar is but i must admit every time i look at it i become quite aroused!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush:Evilnerfherder i want that pic :lol:

Bloody Martians nicked my bible..!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:43 pm 

<!--QuoteBegin-The Curate+Mar 9 2005, 10:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Curate @ Mar 9 2005, 10:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Dont know who Evilnerfherder avatar is but i must admit every time i look at it i become quite aroused!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush:Evilnerfherder i want that pic :lol:<br />[right][snapback]1887[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br />Thats really quite worrying. :D

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:50 pm 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-The Curate+Mar 9 2005, 10:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Curate @ Mar 9 2005, 10:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Dont know who Evilnerfherder avatar is but i must admit every time i look at it i become quite aroused!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush:Evilnerfherder i want that pic :lol:<br />[right][snapback]1887[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br />And you a man of the cloth............... :blush: Oh and by the way, I think you need a new cloth :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:27 am 

Even gay looking curates get to w"*k :blush:

Bloody Martians nicked my bible..!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:42 pm 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-The Curate+Mar 9 2005, 10:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Curate @ Mar 9 2005, 10:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Dont know who Evilnerfherder avatar is but i must admit every time i look at it i become quite aroused!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush:Evilnerfherder i want that pic :lol:<br />[right][snapback]1887[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I see Evilnerfherder never replied to that one! :( <br />

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 16 posts ]