Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:50 pm 

<!--QuoteBegin-Leper Messiah+Mar 4 2005, 08:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Leper Messiah @ Mar 4 2005, 08:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->yes, i am telling you theyve only been working on the special effects for a couple on months[/quote]<br /><br />Then there's no way the movie is being released in three week. Either the movie is coming out when promised, or they only started working on the effects two months ago and have a long way to go... you can't have it both ways.<br /><br />
Quote:
In the mean time id like to know what inside source you have that says thats a finished shot.<br />
<br /><br />My 'inside source' is reality. Either Pendragon know nothing about PR, or that's their idea of a finished shot.<br /><br />You can pretend all you want that movie companies release trailers to the general public with unfinished CG, but in the real world it's just not done by anyone with even the slightest clue about PR. They'd be cutting their own throat at the box office.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:45 pm 

BTW, there's one other thing I've just noticed about that shot.<br /><br />Parliament is just _not there_. Nor is Westminster Abbey. Two of the most famous landmarks in London _do not exist_ in Pendragon's 'accurate' recreation of the book.<br /><br />Instead, Big Ben is just standing by itself among a few random buildings. Huh? Do they really not think that British people would notice?<br />

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:42 pm 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-MarkG+Mar 5 2005, 03:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarkG @ Mar 5 2005, 03:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->BTW, there's one other thing I've just noticed about that shot.<br /><br />Parliament is just _not there_. Nor is Westminster Abbey. Two of the most famous landmarks in London _do not exist_ in Pendragon's 'accurate' recreation of the book.<br /><br />Instead, Big Ben is just standing by itself among a few random buildings. Huh? Do they really not think that British people would notice?<br />[right][snapback]1811[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br />This has already been pointed out by 'gypsywlf' earlier on in this tread.
Quote:
  From the water-side, I'd expect to see the spikey-topped Parliament building nearby to the left of Big Ben. It does have that short connector building at it's base, which I also don't see in the clip.
<br />this whole scene is so wrong that I began to think perhaps it was not Big Ben, but westminster bridge looks right. It's the only thing in this shot that does.<br />

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:11 am 

Much as i hope its not the case, i do think that mark g is making a lot of sense but it seems some people are just burying they're head in the sand and refusing to admit that maybe on the evidence we have seen so far, the pendragon movie will be awful, and i truly hope not.

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:25 pm 
Tripod King

im not burying my head in the sand, im just having a little faith. But im clearly in a minority.

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:17 pm 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-Leper Messiah+Mar 6 2005, 02:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Leper Messiah @ Mar 6 2005, 02:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->im not burying my head in the sand, im just having a little faith.  But im clearly in a minority.<br />[right][snapback]1839[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br />I hope it's not misplaced faith and I hope you are right. I would love to see this film as a winner, but we are hearing very little news from the Pendragon Studio and we are only three weeks from the release date.<br />I have my fingers crossed. :unsure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:02 pm 

<!--QuoteBegin-Leper Messiah+Mar 6 2005, 02:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Leper Messiah @ Mar 6 2005, 02:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->im not burying my head in the sand, im just having a little faith.  But im clearly in a minority.<br />[right][snapback]1839[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br />That wasn't a dig at you my friend, i too have faith in pendragon but i'm also realistic about the budget and resources that are available to a small independent and the movie that will result from that lack of funds.

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:32 pm 

Personally,i can 'let off' Pendragon over inaccuracies as regards buildings.They are not gonna detract from the essense of the story.The only way us lot on here would be happy is if Mr Hines would have 'invited' us all along to scrutinize each scene as it was put together just like JK Rowling did over those Harry Potter films.<br />Like i've said a sh*t load of times...........its as close as we are gonna get. <_< <br /><br />Also,has anyone noticed the size of the buildings behind the writer in the trailer<br />when Anthony Piana shouts out...''Get under the water''???????<br /><br />Without argument,that scene has got to be from the chapter 'What i saw in the destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton'.Correct me if i'm wrong(thinking of Leper) but i doubt if the buildings in those areas at the turn of the century would have been as large as that.Those buildings seem to be more like what you would see in central London at the time but i will 'let off' Pendragon.It could be worse...........we could just have Paramounts offering(shudders) :( <br /><br />Its a shame that Mr Wells didn't have an artist by his side when writing the book<br />so he could say ''yes,thats it......thats just how i imagined the fighting machines <br />would look etc etc.(obviously not applying this to landmarks)<br />Can anyone tell me in fact..........................were there any pictures that Wells saw in his lifetime that he actually passed comment on as regards his own minds images????????????????????<br /><br />So what!!!!!!!!!!!!!Pendragon may have 'fluffed' it on some of the buildings but at least for once someone has actually got the continent the stories set on right lads!!!<br /> :)

Bloody Martians nicked my bible..!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:27 pm 

it looks liek some thing a college student would make in all honesty, the CG work is nothing that someone cant do on there home computer.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:39 pm 
Martian War Lord

It looks so bad it has to be dream, please somebody wake me up! Those fragments are just.... I mean what is that...?

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2