Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:49 pm 

<!--QuoteBegin-Leper Messiah+Mar 1 2005, 07:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Leper Messiah @ Mar 1 2005, 07:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Well as ive said ive got no problem with a (decent) modern adaptation but i just plain disagree with the statement that the original has lost any impact over time.  Yes, it is all the more impressive to British readers because its in England but even when the book was released there would have been a bit less impact in America and other countries because it wasnt a place they could necessarily relate to.  Independance Day had less impact than it could have done because what really do i care about the destruction of New York next to London suffering the same fate?  I think the impact in foreign countries is the same now as it was at the books release.  Its still there, just less personal.<br />[right][snapback]1620[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Ironically, what got me in the mood for a modern day WOTW film was 28 DAYS LATER, which is set in England. It's not so much the landmarks, as the little things...like having to cannabilize a Pepsi machine or how the garbage looks. (For some reason, I'd love to see a tripod smashing through a McDonalds) It's seeing the present day Western culture you live in getting trashed.<br /><br />I also think this is probably more of an issue with a film than the original book. With the book, you'll fill in whatever details you want in your head, whereas a film shows them to you.<br /><br />

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2