All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:52 pm 
Advanced Member

Less than a month & 1/2 til the release date and things seem awfully quiet on the Pendragon front. No distribution information, nothin'. Anyone heard anything?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:55 pm 
Tripod King

ye of little faith

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:01 pm 

TICK TICK TICK Shake the Martian Room lol :P

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk
www.webspaceinvaders.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:50 pm 

All good things come to those who wait.....

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:37 pm 
Advanced Member

<!--QuoteBegin-Leper Messiah+Feb 16 2005, 05:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Leper Messiah @ Feb 16 2005, 05:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->ye of little faith<br />[right][snapback]1019[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I know, I know, it's just getting close to "crunch time" and I'd just feel better if there was some sort of update about how production is coming, or how distributorship will work. Not trying to sound any alarms yet, but if we get past February and there's still nothing new, it will certainly be worrisome.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:42 am 

Hi all,<br /><br />This is my first post here, and I actually came here to see if anyone had a confirmed UK release date for the film yet. On other sites there seems to be a lot of confusion about whether March 30 is a US date only or the UK release date as well. Though as you say, it's all looking a bit quiet...<br /><br /> :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:34 pm 
Tripod King

i assumed March 30th was intended to be a British release date, i didnt realise there was a confirmed US release of the film full stop,

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:59 am 

<!--QuoteBegin-Leper Messiah+Feb 20 2005, 10:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Leper Messiah @ Feb 20 2005, 10:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->i assumed March 30th was intended to be a British release date, i didnt realise there was a confirmed US release of the film full stop,<br />[right][snapback]1169[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I hope that there isn't a U.S release date.Let them stick to the original storyline and we will make do with our made up version.Oh no!now i'm confused,who is doing the book,them or us ......helpppppppppp!(dont ya just love mondays) :bunda:

Bloody Martians nicked my bible..!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:22 pm 

Just been on the phone to Arrowfilm distributers and although they know nothing about pendragons up and coming film,they have told me that whatever film is getting released in the UK will go through the BBFC.Maybe we can find out who's gonna distribute it from there.Just been on their site but nothing as yet.Hope this helps.Bit worried with March not far off.....! :(

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:27 pm 

Lee,with March round the corner and people concerned about where Pendragons film is going to land,i'm guessing that you will be the first to know.These college P.c's don't give us accsess to read E-mails(for some reason)so i have to rely on posts on your forum.Have you heard any little snips yet as regards where it may turn up and is March 30th the British release date or American.Just worried i will miss it at the flicks due to distribution or lack of it.Help :(

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:48 pm 
Martian War Lord

Wish I could help Curate! Soon as Pendragon email me anything I add it to the forum first and then to the main site.<br /><br />When I have anything confirmed I'll let you all know, but at the moment we are all in the dark together :ph34r:

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:54 pm 

Cheers Lee! :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:00 pm 
Advanced Member

Love the new avatar, Lee! She looks ready to be invaded alright! ;)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:10 pm 
Martian War Lord

LOL @ Rod..... :rolleyes:

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:27 pm 
Advanced Member

<!--QuoteBegin-rodnumber6+Feb 23 2005, 05:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rodnumber6 @ Feb 23 2005, 05:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Love the new avatar, Lee! She looks ready to be invaded alright! [/quote]<br /><br />Haven't you heard? MARS NEEDS WOMEN!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:46 am 

Yesterday afternoon i made a call to the BBFC in london and spoke to a nice young lady called Lucy.I had a little chat with her about the up and coming film adaptations of WOTW.Lucy told me that she had heard about Mr Spielbergs version.The hand of Paramount publicity is a far reaching thing isn't it?Anyway,as we suspected,i went on to tell her about Pendragons adaptation and Lucy told me that she had no idea of their efforts and even though March is just round the corner that she had heard nothing.What she did tell me is this............All films due to be released in Britain,'go through' the BBFC and that at some point,Pendragons film will turn up on their doorstep as to put it.She said sometimes film makers do have a habbit of leaving things to the last minute.Now for the good bit!Lucy went on to say that if i keep 'checking back' with her that when Mr Hines WOTW arrives at their place she should be able to tell us who the distributers are and on contacting them in turn,they should be able to tell us which cinemas are going to show it.She asked me to call her back in two weeks.With Pengragon in touch with Lee as well i would imagine this should give us all a fair crack of the whip at getting to see it at the 'flicks' and not coming across it after the event in the DVD section of HMV or the like.I know 'if' is the biggest word in the world but if i manage to obtain this info(lets be positive)then i would(with Lees permission)post all the cinemas showing it onto the forum..... :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:34 pm 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-The Curate+Feb 24 2005, 10:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Curate @ Feb 24 2005, 10:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yesterday afternoon i made a call to the BBFC in london and spoke to a nice young lady called Lucy.I had a little chat with her about the up and coming film adaptations of WOTW.Lucy told me that she had heard about Mr Spielbergs version.The hand of Paramount publicity is a far reaching thing isn't it?Anyway,as we suspected,i went on to tell her about Pendragons adaptation and Lucy told me that she had no idea of their efforts and even though March is just round the corner that she had heard nothing.What she did tell me is this............All films due to be released in Britain,'go through' the BBFC and that at some point,Pendragons film will turn up on their doorstep as to put it.She said sometimes film makers do have a habbit of leaving things to the last minute.Now for the good bit!Lucy went on to say that if i keep 'checking back' with her that when Mr Hines WOTW arrives at their place she should be able to tell us who the distributers are and on contacting them in turn,they should be able to tell us which cinemas are going to show it.She asked me to call her back in two weeks.With Pengragon in touch with Lee as well i would imagine this should give us all a fair crack of the whip at getting to see it at the 'flicks' and not coming across it after the event in the DVD section of HMV or the like.I know 'if' is the biggest word in the world but if i manage to obtain this info(lets be positive)then i would(with Lees permission)post all the cinemas showing it onto the forum..... :)<br />[right][snapback]1331[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Thanks for the news Curate<br /><br />And yes post them cinema's when you know and I'll add them to the main site as well<br /><br /> :D <br /><br /><br />

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:36 pm 

One will endevour to do ones best sir!! :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:17 pm 
Advanced Member

<!--QuoteBegin-The Curate+Feb 24 2005, 11:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Curate @ Feb 24 2005, 11:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yesterday afternoon I made a call to the BBFC in London and spoke to a nice young lady called Lucy. I had a little chat with her about the up and coming film adaptations of WOTW. Lucy told me that she had heard about Mr Spielberg's version. Anyway, I went on to tell her about Pendragon's adaptation and Lucy told me that she had no idea of their efforts and even though March is just round the corner that she had heard nothing. Lucy went on to say that if I keep 'checking back' with her so when Mr Hines' WOTW arrives she should be able to tell us. She asked me to call her back in two weeks.[/quote]<br /><br />As we're all going to be hanging on Lucy's every word, and since Curate can vouch for how helpful she is, I say that she make her the official mascot of Eve of the War. <br /><br />Of course, we have no idea what this young lady looks like, so I suggest that we adopt Lee's avatar (which coincidentally is another Lucy) as BBFC Lucy's official visage, or Lucy-by-proxy.<br /><br />Lee could even get a second line of keyrings made, bearing the legend 'Eve of the War says: I Love Lucy'.<br /><br />C'mon people, let's turn this girl into a cult figure.<br /><br /><br />

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:36 pm 

I keep seeing those words 'straight to video' flash in front of my eyes and dont have a go at me cos i'll be as depressed as everyone else if that happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:30 pm 

<!--QuoteBegin-gavv8+Feb 24 2005, 08:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gavv8 @ Feb 24 2005, 08:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I keep seeing those words 'straight to video' flash in front of my eyes and dont have a go at me cos i'll be as depressed as everyone else if that happens.<br />[right][snapback]1381[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br />I would be depressed like you too if I only owned a video. I'm looking forward to it coming out DVD not video, you poor buy. <br /><br />Shall we have a wip round for gavv8, come on guys dvd players are only about £30 quid :P

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk
www.webspaceinvaders.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:01 pm 

<!--QuoteBegin-Martian Myster The New Master+Feb 24 2005, 10:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Martian Myster The New Master @ Feb 24 2005, 10:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I would be depressed like you too if I only owned a video. I'm looking forward to it coming out DVD not video, you poor buy. <br /><br />Shall we have a wip round for gavv8, come on guys dvd players are only about £30 quid  :P<br />[right][snapback]1425[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br />thats right please send money, i am so very poor sob sob....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:08 am 

I'm poor just like you Gavv8,so lets get some 'car boots' going :lol: Like i said lads i'll call Lucy back in two weeks but a good suggestion might be if we all call the BBFC it kind of puts 'more irons in the fire' as to put it and may generate a bit of publicity for Pendragon.In fact i wonder if Mr Hines would 'bung' us a couple of quid in commission.If you read this Tim and need a promoter for your films then i'm free mate :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:11 pm 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-The Curate+Feb 25 2005, 10:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Curate @ Feb 25 2005, 10:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->In fact i wonder if Mr Hines would 'bung' us a couple of quid in commission.If you read this Tim and need a promoter for your films then i'm free mate :lol:  :lol:<br />[right][snapback]1451[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br />Is that free as in available or free as in not costing a penny. coz Mr Hines is gona need every penny he can get, me thinks :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:53 am 
Tripod King

a lot of people will go with me to see Pendragons effort because ive bugged them so much about how this is the superior product and how they shouldnt let the Speilberg effort dazzle them with pretty explosions so ive done my part to promote the movie :D

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next