View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 17 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: V for Vendetta
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:01 pm 
Martian War Lord

A great comic book in its day. though dated now. By Alan Moore, Auther of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, From Hell, Watchmen, Killing Joke, Tom Strong, Top Ten etc, etc.

Not as good as the source material but not bad.

Set in a Britain that has turned into fascist state due to a war started by the Americans and aterrible plague. V has been experimented on and become superhuman. Wearing a Guy Falks mask he becomes a terrorist and strikes at the government who created him. Taking Evey under his wing the blood flows. I won't say anymore. Not one to take your bird to as I discovered.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:30 am 
Martian War Lord

No the feathers get everywhere. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:17 pm 
Tripod King

Why blame us Yanks for Britain turning fascist? As I recall, there were a good many high-ranking Brits who were willing to turn on Churchill during World War II and reach an accomodation with the Nazis. Then you'd have a REAL Fascist-type state. In fact, Churchill was more popular with the American public of that time than he was with upper-class Britons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:21 am 
Martian War Lord

:shock: Good Grief! it's only a story, no need to get so worked up about it. [-X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:57 am 
Martian War Lord

And it's made by Americans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:35 am 
Tripod King

America-hating Americans (i.e., liberal Hollywood). Besides, bashing America is something of a sport all over Europe nowadays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:29 am 
Martian War Lord

Good job your big enough to take it then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:04 pm 
Martian War Lord

Alland wrote:
America-hating Americans (i.e., liberal Hollywood). Besides, bashing America is something of a sport all over Europe nowadays.

OH' I don't know, Whenever Hollywood wants a bad guy they usually chose an English actor to play the part. but you don't here us bleating about it. [-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:24 pm 
Tripod King

Alland wrote:
As I recall, there were a good many high-ranking Brits who were willing to turn on Churchill during World War II and reach an accomodation with the Nazis.

What about Joe Kennedy? Or Charles Lindbergh? Or Henry Ford?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:15 pm 
Tripod King

Lindburgh lost a good deal of his previous hero popularity with the public when he favored making accomodations with Nazi Germany. The Nazis used him like a puppet; among other things, they got him to repeat the exaggerated figures they put out to make the Luftwaffe seem far larger than it really was. (When Hitler moved into the Sudetenland, the same squadron of planes flew over it repeatedly to give the impression of a large air force.) Lindy never recovered from his association with the Nazis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:33 pm 
Martian War Lord

Lonesome Crow wrote:
Alland wrote:

OH' I don't know, Whenever Hollywood wants a bad guy they usually chose an English actor to play the part. but you don't here us bleating about it. [-(

Or hear us bleating about it for that matter.

Anyway Alland what exactly is your problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:54 pm 
Tripod King

Gee, I don't know. I see and read news reports every day and night about folks in Europe protesting against us and regarding us as the devil incarnate because we're attacking the Moslem terrorists who attacked us first, and who also attacked European targets (I hope for your sake you don't draw cartoons!), and I get somewhat perturbed. Don't know why that is. I'm just funny that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:15 am 
Tripod King

We didn't ask you to intervene on our behalf.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:58 am 
Martian War Lord

Alland wrote:
Gee, I don't know. I see and read news reports every day and night about folks in Europe protesting against us and regarding us as the devil incarnate because we're attacking the Moslem terrorists who attacked us first, and who also attacked European targets (I hope for your sake you don't draw cartoons!), and I get somewhat perturbed. Don't know why that is. I'm just funny that way.

Okay, but don't paint everyone with the same brush. America has a lot of supporters over here.
I think most people think that Afganistan was a good move, but Iraq wasn't. now Iran is a different matter. That's scary. You know Alland the World owes a great debt to America, for beating Japan in WW2 and of course their hand in defeating Germany. They've taken us to the Moon and kept communism at bay. without America the World would be in a bigger mess than it is now. But that doesn't mean you don't make mistakes. You need to sort out your imissions and throw away culture. Get green man. There was no smoking gun in Iraq, so therefor you and we should not be there, even though I got a big satisfaction at seeing Saddam toppled and caught in a hole, it is still not legal. I'm glad he's gone but the cost will be big. Iraq didn't attack on 9/11 that was Al Queida. It is an enemy without a country, it is enemy that belongs to an ideal. Very hard to beat. If I could get my hands on anyone involved in 9/11 thenI'd torture them before killing them. But it wasn't the Iraqi's was it?
We obviously have to stop Iran from producing Nukes, but an invasion would be folly and hopefully American technology will be able to stop them without an invasion. Anyway don't take things personal, your government like any government is capeable of making mistakes or acting against the interests of the many. Remember America is not unlike the greatest Icon it ever produced, Superman. Superman has to hold back on his punches, because with just a flick of a finger he can kill a man. America with just the flick of a finger can kill a country. So hold back, be responsable, and controle those vast powers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:17 pm 
Tripod King

Just so you'll know (since the liberal media didn't report it), we HAVE found terrorist training camps in Iraq. And why would Iraq have supported the 9/11 bombers? Remember, Saddam Hussein was paying cash bonuses to those families whose sons expended themselves as suicide bombers against Israel. Plus we caught a couple high-ranking officers who said that Saddam's weapons of mass destruction were spirited out of Iraq and into Syria shortly before the war began.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:31 pm 
Martian War Lord

Also remember, The first casualty in any war is the truth. we don't know whether the weapons of mass destruction to Syria story is true or not, if he had them why didn't he defend his country with them rather than hiding down a hole?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:06 pm 
Martian War Lord

Anyway lets not get into this here, that's another Forum.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 17 posts ]