Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 16 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: WotW Anime
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:19 am 

Its been a while since I posted because I was just thinking about other things(my own version of WotW and other future movie ideas) and one of them was what if there was an anime version of War of the Worlds or a magna company adapted several horror and sci-fi novels into magna form and War of the Worlds was one of them. I just wonder about the copyright laws in Japan. Well anyway, I just wanted to ask what your idea of a WotW anime/magna adaptation would be like( without making it some wierd tentacle monster sex comic).

Post subject: Re: WotW Anime
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:36 pm 
Martian War Lord

Wells wrote:
I just wanted to ask what your idea of a WotW anime/magna adaptation would be like( without making it some wierd tentacle monster sex comic).

It wouldn't be Manga without it!

Instead of the journailst the protagonist could be a 16 year old school girl, with cybernetic enhancements, who a tough but drunk police detective is hunting down, only to fall in love with, before taking out the Martians with big electric powered machine guns.

When the Martians take a hit, you could have the Fighting Machines *falling down animie style*
See OeverZX47, he'll tell you how that looks, unless of course you already do, in which case you probably won't want to.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:32 am 
Martian War Lord

I couldn't have said it better Loz, I think you have sumed up Manga in a couple of sentences =D> :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:09 am 

I would like to see a WotW magna approached in the same vein as Dark Horse's comic. It's just that I think in an anime or magna usually the monster's designs are more twisted or slimier and I wonder what effect would that have on the designs for the tripods, Martians, and handling and flying machines. I think it would be interesting to see a WotW anime done in the same way they made that Frankenstein anime or the Hellsing anime( which was inspired by Dracula,obviously).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:57 pm 

I just watched two anime films, Nausica of the Valley of the Wind and Castle in the Sky on the TCM channel and the idea came to me again. The movie could still be set in Victorian times and it would be interesting to see the Alvim Correa desings in action or at least a variation on them. Of course like in those movies they would probably need voice actors for an english language release. Basically, the same factor comes in when you are thinking of who you would want for your faithful adaptation of Wotw(and not the kind Timothy Hines would want).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:22 am 
Martian War Lord

I remember 'Castle in the Sky' from years back, about the hidden floating city Laputa. I always liked the giant robots from that film, it would be best to leave it to the animators to design the FMs, I never liked the Alvim Correa designs, too comical to be taken seriously, those big eyes :a009:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:58 am 

If you don't like the eyes mabey they could be replaced with two big evil red eyes :twisted: . I think I saw a picture on the Wotw Online forum that was inspired by the Correa designs and it looks pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:18 am 

Here it is:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:09 pm 
Martian War Lord

That is a lot better, The other thing I don't like about Alvim Correa work is the way the FMs change from picture to picture :a009: there is no consistency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:46 am 

Yes, its the Tin Woodsman's demented brother! :lol:

I just thought I would post my fantasy cast list for an English dub if a Wotw anime was to be made. With three different versions of the story released from 05' and Jeff Wayne's movie comming in 2007, who knows what may be next for our favorite alien invasion story. Well, here is the cast list:

Cillian Murphy....the Writer( my other choice is Adrien Brody)
Uma Thurman....the Writer's Wife
Rade Serbedzija....Ogilvy(This was a tough choice. There is also Timothy Dalton or Christopher Plummer.)
Brendan Fraser....the Artilleryman(unless you have someone else in mind.)
Mark Hamill....the Curate
Ewan McGregor....the Writer's Brother
Naomi Watts....Ms. Elphinstone
Kate Winslet....Mrs. Elphinstone
Dan Castellaneta....Stent & Additional Voices( yes, the voice of Homer Simpson and talented voice actor.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:53 pm 
Martian War Lord

Good choice for Ogilvy, Rade Serbedzija played Dr. Nekhorvich in Mission Impossible 2, He even looked the part.
Not too sure about Mark Hamill and Dan Castellaneta, Homer Simpson as Stent? :-k
Although I would think Jeff would chose British actors or actors who could do a passable British accent, not just the Dick Van Dyke style of "Gore blimey guvnor" :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:51 am 

I just thought I would put out that cast list just to gage your reactions or you had your own suggestions about the cast. I forgot to mention that my choice director for a project like this would be Hayao Miazaki. It would be interesting to see his take on the Victorian settings and the Fighting Machines. Another choice of mine would be the same guys who made Steamboy. Of course like the Journalist once said, "Perhaps the future belongs not to us, but to the Martians". :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:51 pm 
Martian War Lord

I think I've found one of Hayao Miyazaki's Fighting Machines, looks a bit cumbersome to me :lol:
As for cast I'll have to think on it :-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:43 pm 

More accessories than the Warwick-Goble design. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:41 pm 

Going back to your cast list Wells, I actually think Mark Hamill would be an inspired choice! However Brendan Fraser may spoil the whole damn thing! Sorry! You have to go for Christian Bale for the artillary man. If he played sort of between his roles in American Psycho and the Machinist I think he would hit the nail right on the head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:58 am 
Martian War Lord

Wells wrote:
More accessories than the Warwick-Goble design. :)
Yes, and more realistic than the Pendragon design :wink:

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 16 posts ]