View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Greetings!
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:05 pm 

Hi All,

The forum on WaroftheWorldsOnline.com appears to be getting an upgrade, so I thought I'd use the opportunity to register here!

As many of you know, at least those of you who visi WOWOnline.com, I represent a collection of 31 original Alvim Corrêa drawings used in the 1906 L'Vandamme Special Edition of the War of the Worlds. These, together with other Corrêa artifacts, are currently on display at the Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame in Seattle, Washington USA. There is a large collection of Alvim Corrêa illustrations in the Original Novel section of this forum, thanks to Horsell Common!

Please let me know if you have any questions relating to Alvim Corrêa and his work.

Cheers!
Carioca

"Alvim Corrêa did more for this work with his brush than I did with my pen." HG Wells on the 1906 L'Vandamme Edition of The War of the Worlds.

Post subject: Re: Greetings!
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:23 pm 
Martian War Lord

Carioca wrote:
Hi All,

The forum on WaroftheWorldsOnline.com appears to be getting an upgrade, so I thought I'd use the opportunity to register here!

As many of you know, at least those of you who visi WOWOnline.com, I represent a collection of 31 original Alvim Corrêa drawings used in the 1906 L'Vandamme Special Edition of the War of the Worlds. These, together with other Corrêa artifacts, are currently on display at the Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame in Seattle, Washington USA. There is a large collection of Alvim Corrêa illustrations in the Original Novel section of this forum, thanks to Horsell Common!

Please let me know if you have any questions relating to Alvim Corrêa and his work.

Cheers!
Carioca

Hello Carioca

Welcome to the forum

The artwork is also in my new gallery! In the miscellaneous section. Hope thats ok?

Take care

Lee

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:03 pm 

eveofthewar wrote:

Hello Carioca

Welcome to the forum

The artwork is also in my new gallery! In the miscellaneous section. Hope thats ok?

Take care

Lee

No worries, as the more exposure Corrêa's work receives, the better! Besides, reproductions of his illustrations are now in the public domain. I can assure you, however, that the original drawings and other artifacts are MUCH more compelling than anything currently found on the Internet! :D

In addition to the 31 illustrations, I have also loaned a post card from HG Wells to Alvim Corrêa, an original promotional poster from the 1906 Edition, and a copy of the book (#42/500) to the Science Fiction Museum. If nothing else, the War of the Worlds exhibit at SFM is worth a trip to Seattle! British Airways flies direct!

Cheers!
Carioca

"Alvim Corrêa did more for this work with his brush than I did with my pen." HG Wells on the 1906 L'Vandamme Edition of The War of the Worlds.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:28 am 
Martian War Lord

Carioca wrote:
eveofthewar wrote:

Hello Carioca

Welcome to the forum

Take care

Lee

No worries, as the more exposure Corrêa's work receives, the better! Besides, reproductions of his illustrations are now in the public domain. I can assure you, however, that the original drawings and other artifacts are MUCH more compelling than anything currently found on the Internet! :D

In addition to the 31 illustrations, I have also loaned a post card from HG Wells to Alvim Corrêa, an original promotional poster from the 1906 Edition, and a copy of the book (#42/500) to the Science Fiction Museum. If nothing else, the War of the Worlds exhibit at SFM is worth a trip to Seattle! British Airways flies direct!

Cheers!
Carioca

Well anything I can use on the website, please let me know, you can email anything you have to info@eveofthewar.co.uk

Cheers

:mrgreen:

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:21 pm 

I'll do my best! Check out the 'Original Novel' section for my latest Corrêa-related news.

Cheers!
Carioca

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 5 posts ]