View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 6 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:34 pm 
Martian War Lord

On February 12th myself and my lovely girlfriend went to the National Space Centre in Leicester.<br /><br />Image<br /><br />It was a great day out and also included a few snippets from War Of The Worlds!<br /><br />There is a space theatre, which is basically a 360 degree cinema screen and is great to see. Unfourtunately you are not allowed to film in there, but I do have a link to a trailer of the 23 minute film below. Part of the full movie mentions the 1938 radio broadcast.<br /><br /><a href='http://www.nssc.co.uk/spacetheatre/virtual.htm' target='_blank'>Space Theatre</a><br /><br />Below are 2 pics I took of a stand that mentioned War Of The Worlds.<br /><br />Image<br /><br />Image<br /><br />Its well worth a visit! There is also rockets, space stations, exhibits and a cargo bay shop. Check out the website here <a href='http://www.nssc.co.uk/home/' target='_blank'>nssc.co.uk</a><br /><br />

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:23 am 
Tripod King

erm did you look above you at any point, there is a Jeff Wayne Martian Fighting Machine in the mars section, with a heat ray that lights up if someone stands under it

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:17 am 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-Leper Messiah+Feb 16 2005, 04:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Leper Messiah @ Feb 16 2005, 04:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->erm did you look above you at any point, there is a Jeff Wayne Martian Fighting Machine in the mars section, with a heat ray that lights up if someone stands under it<br />[right][snapback]997[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I missed that!!!<br /><br />I kept looking up as well :angry: :blink: :shock: :wacko: :( <_<

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:16 am 
Tripod King

well maybe its not there any more, but it is/was awesome. i nearly didnt notice either until my sister noticed when i was right under the thing, told me to look up and i found myself confronted with my childhood fear. I was more than a little suprised i can tell you :D and then with split second timing i stood on the spot which activated the "heat ray". I did touch one of the tripod legs though :D I think there are photos somewhere, but they could be difficult to track down

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:20 pm 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-Leper Messiah+Feb 16 2005, 10:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Leper Messiah @ Feb 16 2005, 10:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->well maybe its not there any more, but it is/was awesome.  i nearly didnt notice either until my sister noticed when i was right under the thing, told me to look up and i found myself confronted with my childhood fear.  I was more than a little suprised i can tell you :D and then with split second timing i stood on the spot which activated the "heat ray".  I did touch one of the tripod legs though :D  I think there are photos somewhere, but they could be difficult to track down<br />[right][snapback]1003[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Let me know if you find them and I'll host it on the main site :D <br /><br /><br /><br />

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:51 pm 
Tripod King

will try to but if theyre anywhere then theyll be at my mums so itll have to wait till im next in that neck of the woods. It is an interesting experience seeing the thing with your own eyes rather than on a screen or a piece of paper

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 6 posts ]