All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New poll on Jeff Wayne CGI movie
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:43 pm 
Martian War Lord

The website http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk has a new poll. Tell us what you think on the new Jeff CGI movie...

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:29 pm 
Martian War Lord

It's goint to be great, I can tell you that. I can hardly wait to see it.

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:27 am 
Tripod King

That's what they said in advance about the Paramount and Pendragon stinkers. Don't toy with our hopes, man! I've already heard that the Asylum version isn't up to snuff, either. I have the awful feeling that if we (as Eve Of the War posters) want to see a good movie version of Wells' novel, we'll have to film it ourselves.

Come to think of it, why not? Those of you who are artists, modelers, and computer graphics chaps could do the special effects. I've seen enough well-done movies that I could do a better job at directing than Hines did (I admit that's not saying much), and as a freelance writer, I could also handle the screenplay. As for the cast, well, if anyone's ever had dreams of being an actor or actress, this could be your big break. Now all we need is a producer, a source of period costumes, someone to do the music, etc. Any of you movie critics want to put your money where your mouth is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:51 am 
Martian War Lord

Try and make that suggestion to Lee. I wonder what he thinks about it. In my opinion it's a great idea! :D

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:00 pm 
Martian War Lord

OK, so 'oever532' has agreed to back us financially =D> well done him.
Who else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:08 pm 
Martian War Lord

I think we should change the plot a little. In our one, the humans invade Mars instead of them invading us. We land in cylanders, and come out nuke the lot of them, then we rip the planet out of its orbit with a magnetic ray and propell Mars into Jupiter. :roll:

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:52 pm 
Martian War Lord

You're so funny, Loz. :lol:
*keeps on laughing*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:06 pm 
Martian War Lord

oever532 wrote:
You're so funny, Loz. :lol:

You're easily pleased :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:35 am 
Martian War Lord

You are pleased too, I think. :roll: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:50 am 
Tripod King

Alland wrote:
That's what they said in advance about the Paramount and Pendragon stinkers. Don't toy with our hopes, man! I've already heard that the Asylum version isn't up to snuff, either. I have the awful feeling that if we (as Eve Of the War posters) want to see a good movie version of Wells' novel, we'll have to film it ourselves.

Come to think of it, why not? Those of you who are artists, modelers, and computer graphics chaps could do the special effects. I've seen enough well-done movies that I could do a better job at directing than Hines did (I admit that's not saying much), and as a freelance writer, I could also handle the screenplay. As for the cast, well, if anyone's ever had dreams of being an actor or actress, this could be your big break. Now all we need is a producer, a source of period costumes, someone to do the music, etc. Any of you movie critics want to put your money where your mouth is?

Jeff's film is going to be THE War Of The Worlds movie, the film that will follow the book more closely then any other, and I should know. Jeff is a proud TWOTW fan, why else go through what he has to create one of the most iconic albums EVER created. Why else is his album regarded as the 'definitive' version. Why should a man risk his life, family and future for creating what he has, because of his love for the subject. The 'other' people (you know who I mean) who have done TWOTW projects have just basically seen a money making chance, skimmed through a few pages and thought "I'll make a movie". You have to have love and feelings for that project, they don't/didn't - Jeff does.

Sorry to be a stick in the mud at this point - Creating your own film, hmmmmmmm, easier said than done. So who's going to cough up the over £10,000 for the liceancing agreement to get the ball rolling, and that depends on if both Paramount Pictures and Jeff Wayne Music agree with you/us.

Paramount dont need one, they own the film rights, Jeff dont need one, he owns the rest of the rights including merchandising and the book itself (apart from the U.S terrortory as its in public demain), plus he has already obtained the film license off Paramount. Asylum obtained rights to making a film, but only sold in the U.S under the title of WOTW. And if there lucky it could be released here in the U.K but the title would not be WOTW because of copyright (INVASION has been rumoured for a title). Which leaves us with another film company that 'claims' to obtained permission and its not Paramount but there name does begin with the letter 'P'. . . . Cough cough cough.

Fan Films - another way around it to make a film, still a no go. Once filmed how do you distribute it with getting the big boys on your back, watching every move you make, waiting for you to cross the mark. With a WOTW community so close knit, once released - 5 mins later almost everyone in the WOTW community will know about it. Is it worth having the 'big boys' breathing done your neck. To make a film like this, you need to make it in a way that NO ONE benifits in the terms of money, but you have to spend money to make the film in the first place. Its one of those times where you have to ask yourself "do I have the money, time, efforts, resources, people, supporters, backers, and more important the nod from those that own the copyrights to make this movie" - if you dont, leave it to the big film companies/buisnesses to make, lot less hassle in the long run - and cheaper.

Look at Pendragons film - If you want to see something that shows us how it should NOT be done, then this is it. And why did he make such a mess of the film - look at what I wrote above - didnt have any of that.

One last thing before I get the Pens fans on my back. The film was ambitous just like the story, but Hines was not. He gave it his best shot but didnt deliver. Too much of a BIG task for him to pull off in a satisfying way that will please the WOTW community - such a shame really.

"pull off", "satisfying", thought I would never see those 2 words in the same sentance again :lol:

H_C

Forum Moderator to: www.waroftheworldsonline.com - Your Source For The Martian Invasion Since 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:57 am 
Martian War Lord

Interesting 'speech', H_C, I'm deeply impressed. We know now that Jeff is the most 'book loyal' in WOTW with his musical than everyone else (no pun intended).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:43 pm 
Martian War Lord

H-C. That was a beautiful speach about a beautiful man, and his beautiful work, which is a part of my soul.
The closest adaption to the book however is the Pendragon version. It follows the book almost to the letter. However it is a peice of excrement and should be burned out of existence. In fact I'm working on a time machine, so that I can go back in time and stop Hine's parents from ever meeting, to prevent his birth.
But Jeff's version is close enough, and it will be the best.

As for Alland's request for us to make a film... well er... my answer was toungu in cheek, and if you read Alland's posts, you'd know that I was being sarcastic.
I write for, television and theatre, and I know only to well what it takes to make a film.
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:46 pm 
Martian War Lord

Good luck, Loz... Just be careful not to create an alternate timeline!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:18 pm 
Tripod King

It was not my intentions to have that turn into a speech :D , thats just me telling it as it is really.

I think that one day, some top class film director/producer with suitcases full of money will come forward and say "guys, Im going to do THE War Of The Worlds because its about time we saw it the way it is supossed to be". A dream?, well dreams do come true. TWOTW is a big budget masterpiece, you can see it when reading the book. There is no way anyone could pull this film off without having tons of cash and with todays advance in technology, there is no better time than to deliver.

H_C

Forum Moderator to: www.waroftheworldsonline.com - Your Source For The Martian Invasion Since 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:50 pm 
Martian War Lord

I couldn't have said it better than that, H_C! Great explanation! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:02 pm 
Martian War Lord

Yes it needs a sh*t load of money to do it justice. If you look over some of the old Pendragon threads, some folks disagree, but God love 'em just the same eh?
I don't think it will ever be made now. I think Speilberg's will be the last live action big budget WOTW movie.
Jeff Wayne's CGI Movie will be the final thread in the tapestry first started by H G Wells.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:05 pm 
Martian War Lord

We still can continue to talk about it, can't we?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:07 pm 
Martian War Lord

For Eternity my friend! For Eternity. But the interpritations have to come to end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:09 pm 
Martian War Lord

That's true. We can conclude that Jeff's CGI has great expectations, Spielberg did quite a good job, just like Pal, Asylum was kind of below average, and Hines was rubbish. Am I correct?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:29 pm 
Martian War Lord

Your correct. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:24 pm 
Tripod King

I didn't mean start making the film right away. Wait a few years for things to cool down, when it would be easier to get the licensing, and also when the necessary technology becomes cheaper and more affordable for the little guys. Remember, the first computers of any kind took up an entire room, and any of us can surpass them now with what we're using to log on here.

Tongue in cheek? Perhaps. But there may be grains of truth in it, too. When the last of the current crop of WOTW films has come out and been roundly blasted by the posters on this board, remember my words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:02 am 
Martian War Lord

I'll try, Alland. Thanks for what you've siad. :D =D> 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:14 am 
Martian War Lord

Alland wrote:
I didn't mean start making the film right away. Wait a few years for things to cool down, when it would be easier to get the licensing, and also when the necessary technology becomes cheaper and more affordable for the little guys. Remember, the first computers of any kind took up an entire room, and any of us can surpass them now with what we're using to log on here.

Tongue in cheek? Perhaps. But there may be grains of truth in it, too. When the last of the current crop of WOTW films has come out and been roundly blasted by the posters on this board, remember my words.

The words get and real spring to mind. 8-[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:32 pm 
Martian War Lord

I still hold out hope that the BBC may have a go at doing a period piece (if they could get permission), I think they would make a good job of it [-o<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:33 am 
Martian War Lord

Perhaps, so they have to work on it.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next