View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 11 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:25 pm 
Martian War Lord

I'm assuming fire is going to be a big star of all three films. The Martians do a lot of burning. It's certainly a big part of the book and the musical version. I imagine that getting the fire right for the CGI version will be one of the harder aspects. The image of the people close to the pit on Horsell Commen is truly horrifying to say the least. Them just stood there one minute in awe of what they have just seen and then they ignite. This is 18 certificate stuff in my mind. I wonder if Jeff is going to show us the real horror of the story, or hold back a little to achieve a bigger audiance. I hope the former. I wanna see folks burn, water boil and cook the people in it. I wanna see backs and necks broken as they are smashed into trees. Bring on the fire, bring on the feeding, bring on the bashing, bring on the war of wars.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:35 pm 

I could not agree more.<br /><br />As we know the story is a horror. Mass murder by our sadistic nieghbours.<br />We all know they had their reasons, and valid ones if you ask me.<br /><br />The Jeff Wayne film just like the others must depict the true nature of the book.<br />Therefore, people must be slaughtered, homes burned, towns/cities incinerated.<br /><br />Anything else cannot be considered a true telling of the story and is unworthy of the title War of the Worlds.<br />

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:06 am 

<!--QuoteBegin-Butters+Apr 5 2005, 12:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Butters @ Apr 5 2005, 12:35 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I could not agree more.<br /><br />As we know the story is a horror.  Mass murder by our sadistic nieghbours.<br />We all know they had their reasons, and valid ones if you ask me.<br /><br />The Jeff Wayne film just like the others must depict the true nature of the book.<br />Therefore, people must be slaughtered, homes burned, towns/cities incinerated.<br /><br />Anything else cannot be considered a true telling of the story and is unworthy of the title War of the Worlds.<br />[right][snapback]2763[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br />Here Here!!<br /><br /> :smoking: <br /><br />Well Said :)

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk
www.webspaceinvaders.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:04 pm 
Advanced Member

i totally agree. those images are what makes the book and the musical dark and scary if they are taken out then it just wont be the same.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:44 pm 

Agreed. Let the blood RAIN FROM THE HEAVENS!!! MWHAHAHA!!!!<br /><br />Paramount and Pendragon will unfortunatly not listen to this... Pendragon will only if it gives them a chance to show some nudity.

How to make a tripod:
1. Take a small wooden toy wheel (cheap in hobby stores)
2. Take three nails.
3. Figure the rest out yourself.

Pretty crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:14 pm 
Advanced Member

lol good point.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:05 pm 
Martian War Lord

I wanna see all those picknickers going up in flames on Horsell Commen.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:43 pm 
Advanced Member

lol now that would be funny, happily eating a nice pork pie and an FM suddenly appears and fries you all.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:44 pm 

Horsell Common background dialog:<br /><br />-Hello John, hello Elizabeth!<br /><br />-Hello Charles!<br /><br />-What do you have for lunch?<br /><br />-Some pies, sandwhiches, and some egg & bacon. Chinese tea too.<br /><br />-Sounds good, whats with that large metal thing?<br /><br />-No idea, old chap. Its why its so many people here today. Some guy was burnt here too. Probably the sun, what a poor bastard!<br /><br />-Very wierd. I think Im going to take a look!<br /><br />-Whats that screwing sound? Its from the Cylinder! Im coming too.<br /><br />*The top falls off*<br /><br />-Oh my! I almost lost my hearing!<br /><br />-Dont be silly! Look, something wierd is coming out!<br /><br />-What an ugly animal! Do you think thats a hippo?<br /><br />-Never been in africa? Thats surely a squid. A quite ugly one I say.<br /><br />-AALLLOOO!!!!<br /><br />-Be quiet, beast! Im trying to figure out what you are!<br /><br />-Should I poke it?<br /><br />-Whats that? Some sort of projector?<br /><br />-Is this a circus or something? Why is the hippo... Ahem, squid pointing that?<br /><br />*Heatray fires*<br /><br />-AAARRGGHHH!!!<br /><br />-Charlie!! Noo... AAARRGGHH!!!<br /><br />*Back to Elizabeth*<br /><br />-Those boys surely are silly. They shouldnt mess with garbage. *looks towards the cylinder* Oh bummer! So that was the object from the sky? Woopsie daisy...<br /><br />AALLOOO!!<br /><br />*Heatray fires at Elizabeth*<br /><br />AAAHHH!! MY LEGS ARE BURNT OFF! Oh, I shouldnt swear but.... Oh darn.

How to make a tripod:
2. Take three nails.

Pretty crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:37 pm 
Advanced Member

lol nice one! maybe you should send it to pendragon or jeff wayne, nice way to start the films lol.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:01 am 

Dunno, could be good as "hidden" background sound ^^

How to make a tripod:
2. Take three nails.

Pretty crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 11 posts ]