View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:53 pm 
Tripod King

Here is some news I got from Jeff about his forth coming album re-launch this summer of his international award winning album Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds of what the long awaited 'Collectors Edition' set(s) will include.<br /><br />1. CD's 1+2 - SA-CD - these are 2 CD's each containing two files. One <br />file is a brand new stereo remix built up from the original multi <br />tracks, transferred into the digital domain - sound by sound, track by <br />track and then ENTIRELY remixed. If you only have a stereo system it <br />will select the stereo mix. It is a major step up in sound quality than <br />the current stereo version.<br /><br />The second file is the 5.1 Surround Sound mix (not some 'enhanced' <br />version which a lot of record companies actually do and then sell it as <br />a surround sound remix. Ours, like the stereo, is a true and totally <br />new remix including ingredients never heard before.<br /><br />That is why Sony Hardware have backed TWOTW 5.1 remix so they can use <br />it as a true demonstration of what the limits of this technology can <br />produce and will promote it as such. The listener is truly 'in' the <br />sound.<br /><br />Anyone with a surround sound system will have that system select the <br />5.1 file rather than the stereo.<br /><br />The new new remixes represent work started early last summer and will <br />be completed within the next month.<br /><br />2. CD 3- The Remixes 1979-2005 - these represent the best of what has <br />been remixed through the years, some being hits, others just being <br />excellent renditions of different DJ/Remixers slants on my compositions <br />with samples and my original scores having been provided to them.<br /><br />There are also a couple of new remixes never before heard.<br /><br />3. CDs 4-6 - Contain rarities, out-takes, 'special' studio mixes of <br />musical content never before heard, and half of CD 6 being the entire <br />Richard Burton and other actors recorded unabridged script, much of <br />which has also never been heard before.<br /><br />4. 1 DVD - which does recount the history of the making of the <br />recording, visual clips of rare video footage, and a host of other <br />items you would expect on a DVD of this sort along with additional <br />clips from the development of our CGI film not yet seen by anyone. It <br />is also hoping to be used in a different edited form as the base for a <br />tv documentary.<br /><br />5. The booklet is also stunning and now up to 80 pages. It all comes <br />bound and is the size of a black vinyl disc.<br /><br />More news can be found over at: <a href='http://robk.proboards13.com/index.cgi?board=musical&action=display&num=1110282448' target='_blank'>http://robk.proboards13.com/index.cgi?boar...&num=1110282448</a> <br /><br />Also coming soon, there will be a huge range of The War Of The Worlds goodies, some 250+ at present, to satisfy all fans and collectors. You can find out more by going to his site at: <a href='http://www.thewaroftheworlds.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.thewaroftheworlds.com/</a> - so make a note of it.<br /><br />With much thanks to Jeff Wayne for the above information<br /><br />H_C

H_C

Forum Moderator to: www.waroftheworldsonline.com - Your Source For The Martian Invasion Since 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:32 pm 

Sounds Groovy baby YEAH!!!

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk
www.webspaceinvaders.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:48 pm 
Tripod King

any word on new artwork? or possibly if the old animated adverts and such for it will be on the DVD?

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:28 am 

:( :( 2007.............thats so far away(dont you just hate waiting)

Bloody Martians nicked my bible..!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:17 pm 
Tripod King

<!--QuoteBegin-The Curate+Mar 11 2005, 10:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Curate @ Mar 11 2005, 10:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->:(  :( 2007.............thats so far away(dont you just hate waiting)<br />[right][snapback]1996[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />As the old saying goes ' the best comes to he who waits'.<br /><br />

H_C

Forum Moderator to: www.waroftheworldsonline.com - Your Source For The Martian Invasion Since 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:55 pm 
Martian War Lord

It's going to be a fantastic package. good old Jeff. 80 page booklet sounds great. <br />I reckon that there will be more art, because more art was created for the PC and PSONE games. <br /> Is David Essex involved in the CGI project Horsell?

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:00 pm 
Tripod King

Im not sure if you will see any artwork in the booklet about the PC/PS1 games, 'some' of the guys from the original album have been invovled with the SACD version, but thats all I can say.<br /><br />H_C

H_C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:15 pm 
Martian War Lord

That's what I want, new art by the old painters.<br /><br />I've seen pencil drawings of an actual martian before now. Might have been in the game booklet?

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:07 am 

<!--QuoteBegin-Horsell_Common+Mar 15 2005, 10:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Horsell_Common @ Mar 15 2005, 10:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->As the old saying goes ' the best comes to he who waits'.<br />[right][snapback]2155[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Too impatient Horsell!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody Martians nicked my bible..!

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 9 posts ]