Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:04 pm 

Look I'm gettin real p*ssed of with all this crap about you can't do this and you can't do that. We must put together a patition not against Paramount but what they are trying to do to Pendragon. All us fans want to see the Pendragon film and seems that Paramount could stop us from seeing our dream.<br /><br />I could be wrong and it could be pure hype from Mr Hines. I really do hope that he isnt trying to blow sunshine up our ass. What he needs to do is contact Lee at lee@eveofthewar.co.uk and support our campaign, I also want all the other wotw sites to follow us for example<br /><br />www.eveofthewar.com<br />www.waroftheworldsonline.com<br />www.waroftheworldsfilm.com<br /><br />These are the main forums for this film, if Paramount is trying to stop this film then lets get a Patition together and send it directly to Mr Spielberg, because I'm almost certain that if he knew how we felt then he would at least give the film some leway instead of it never being released.<br /><br /><br />Please Please Please DONT F**K YOURSELF PARAMOUNT.......................<br />You could find a real battle on your hands....<br /><br />Dont mess with the WOTW Crew, we will WIN>>>>>>>>><br /><br />KISS IT <br /> :bunda: <br /> :smoking:

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk
www.webspaceinvaders.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:16 pm 
Tripod King

Frankly, the whole copyright situation is so complex, that it is possible that Hines really doesn't have any legal rights to distribute his film. In which case he should have done the research in the first place.<br /><br />But we only have Hines's word that Paramount are leaning on him, and so far his word is worth sod-all as far as I can see.<br /><br />Hines, self-delusional as he is, probably knows by now that he's producing a ninth-rate piece of amateurish hackwork that no distributor would touch with a grubby stick, and it even looks like his DVD deal may be bollocks too, so he's now trying to save face by saying that his film is being 'sabotaged' by the evil corporate hordes of Paramount.<br /><br />For all we know, he's never intended to make WotW in its entirety, but has only made what we've seen on his laughable website, and is now pulling a pseudo-Producers by deliberately implicating Paramount in an attempt to stifle his work; then he can paint himself as the great independent martyred by The Corporations, and on the back of that generate money with his books abbout the behind-the-scenes-manoeuvring and get backing to complete Chrome.<br /><br />Actually, I don't believe that last paragraph, but it makes you think, eh?<br /><br />I, for one, shed no tears at the prospective demise of this manipulative conman.<br /><br />Only if he'd shown promise would I.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:45 pm 

McTodd wrote:
Frankly, the whole copyright situation is so complex, that it is possible that Hines really doesn't have any legal rights to distribute his film. In which case he should have done the research in the first place. But we only have Hines's word that Paramount are leaning on him, and so far his word is worth sod-all as far as I can see. Hines, self-delusional as he is, probably knows by now that he's producing a ninth-rate piece of amateurish hackwork that no distributor would touch with a grubby stick, and it even looks like his DVD deal may be bollocks too, so he's now trying to save face by saying that his film is being 'sabotaged' by the evil corporate hordes of Paramount. For all we know, he's never intended to make WotW in its entirety, but has only made what we've seen on his laughable website, and is now pulling a pseudo-Producers by deliberately implicating Paramount in an attempt to stifle his work; then he can paint himself as the great independent martyred by The Corporations, and on the back of that generate money with his books abbout the behind-the-scenes-manoeuvring and get backing to complete Chrome.Actually, I don't believe that last paragraph, but it makes you think, eh? I, for one, shed no tears at the prospective demise of this manipulative conman. Only if he'd shown promise would I.

I take it I can rely on your vote them Mctodd. I agree with you that I think Hines is full of SH*T but I gotta chase it all the way to the end, cause I love my WOTW, I guess you don't

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:01 am 
Tripod King

I love WotW.<br /><br />But I have no respect for hucksters who manipulate people's sincere love of a subject.<br /><br />Hines has left a trail of lies and deceptions, demonstrated his ineptitude at every turn, and he's blatantly exploited the goodwill of WotW fans in some desparate attempt to bolster his own reputation. He is nothing but a snake oil salesman, a conman.<br /><br />Frankly, I find his behaviour sickening.<br /><br />Support him if you like, but you're wasting your energy.<br /><br />I shall not post further on this subject because I've said all that I have to say on the matter, and further debate will only descend into ill-tempered flaming.<br /><br />But NEVER accuse me of not being a WotW fan, that I regard as a personal INSULT, and I think it ill-behoves you, or anyone, to say that.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:34 pm 

McTodd wrote:
I love WotW. But I have no respect for hucksters who manipulate people's sincere love of a subject. Hines has left a trail of lies and deceptions, demonstrated his ineptitude at every turn, and he's blatantly exploited the goodwill of WotW fans in some desparate attempt to bolster his own reputation. He is nothing but a snake oil salesman, a conman. Frankly, I find his behaviour sickening. Support him if you like, but you're wasting your energy. I shall not post further on this subject because I've said all that I have to say on the matter, and further debate will only descend into ill-tempered flaming. But NEVER accuse me of not being a WotW fan, that I regard as a personal INSULT, and I think it ill-behoves you, or anyone, to say that.

Chill Winston..I agree with you completely regarding Hines efforts, but I still cannot help but hope that this film will happen.

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:52 pm 
Tripod King

a petetion will do nothing, if Paramount have both the means and the will to stop Pendragon then they will do so. Ive already decided what ill do in that circumstance.

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:37 pm 

Before going on the warpath, I suggest you check out this article from December about the British 3D comic magazine aquiring the rights to do a serialized graphic novel of WOTW:

http://www.comicworldnews.com/cgi-bin/i ... ets&page=2

It spells out pretty clearly who owns what rights involving the book as far as the UK is concerned. WOTW may be public domain in the USA (Where Hines is based.), but in Europe Paramount owns the film rights and Jeff Wayne owns everything else.

I would imagine that Jeff Wayne would be pretty pissed if Paramount let Hines release his version when Wayne traded marketing rights to Paramount to get the rights to do his own film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:32 pm 
Martian War Lord

Nice one Thunder child. Some insightful information there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:45 pm 

Thanks, just doing my bit for world peace.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 9 posts ]