Home Page Home Page  [ 6 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 

Favourite Superman Film...
Superman 1 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Superman 2 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Superman 3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Superman 4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: Favourite Superman Film...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:56 am 
Martian War Lord

... and why?

I loved the first 2 - great stories and action, 3rd one was ok - missed hackman, 4th mmmm

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:34 pm 
Martian War Lord

My favourite has to Superman 1. It has the best cinematography. It has an epic feel to it. I love 2 also but not as much. Why does Superman have lose his powers to love a woman? And how can he lose his powers?
3 and 4 were stinkers for me.
The new one is a direct sequal to Superman 2. 3 and 4 didn't happen.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:12 pm 

Richard Pryor was an inspired cast member though wasn't he?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:12 pm 
Martian War Lord

Gone for a BURTON wrote:
Richard Pryor was an inspired cast member though wasn't he?

Pryor was a legend

But not in this film! :alien2:

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:17 pm 

My vote goes to Superman II. Why? Two words: Terence Stamp.

"KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:46 am 
Martian War Lord

Superman 2 is a great film but the direction is much better in the first film.

I got this info about it the other day -

Superman II: Restored International Cut
Details of this fan restoration have been removed because Warner Bros. have contacted me. I think as a collective group, we've achieved what we set out to do, that is to raise awareness of Donner's work on Superman 2; it imperative that the wider audience learns about Donner's work on Superman 2, and they will; Entertainment Weekly...check it next week! :)

Warner Bros. knows the fans will buy it, but this needs to reach the wide audience who do not read these types of sites.
I think it's a great achievement that this will be in Entertainment Weekly.
We await a legit version of Superman 2 featuring Donner's lost work.

Well, you must be wondering whatever happened to this project, huh? Well, it's been a long road to get to this point but it's finally finished. Over to the editor to explain all:

In 2001 work began on a fan film project for "Superman II." The ultimate goal was to raise awareness about the lost footage from that film, and hopefully convince anyone with influence that the work of original "Superman II" director Richard Donner should see the light of day. If you have no idea about the long odd history of this film, please refer to the Superman II section. You'll learn all you need to know, and more.
This project began as a fan edit. The hope was to recut the film to make it feel more like Donner's "Superman The Movie." Before work could seriously begin, the extended TV broadcasts needed to be acquired to include some of those great Donner moments that didn't make it into the theatrical cut.

There would always be those hard-core fans that would want to see everything. So with the support of fans and friends from around the globe, the fan edit was put aside, and the business of restoring the entire film began. It took about 2 years to acquire the footage, and make it watchable, but the results were less than satisfying. The word once again went out for extended broadcasts, and both Bill Williams and Jonathan Hoyle answered the call. The choice wasn't easy, but after a lot of scrutiny, Bill's footage was the actual source chosen to improve RIC. But special thanks to Jonathan for sending his original master as well.
It's been said many times, this film will never win any quality awards. The footage supplied came from home recordings. So anyone expecting amazing detail and clarity will be sorely disappointed. But if you've seen any version of the extended broadcasts, you'll probably appreciate the way it's presented here. Great care has been taken to make the film as watchable as possible, no commercials, no subtitles, no station ID's. Thanks to the generous help of a very talented individual, even the audio got a polishing as well.

The final two disc RIC DVD set contains:
- The complete two hour, twenty-six minute version of the film.
- On-screen commentary track, detailing what footage Donner shot, and other RIC trivia.
- Long out of print documentary "The Making of Superman II."
- Long out of print "Superman II Soundtrack."
- "Lost Scene Gallery" featuring pictures of Donner's unreleased work on Superman II.
- "Restoration Demonstration" showing before and after footage examples.
- Complete RIC artwork folder. All the artwork, from the cover to the disc art, it's all included in TIFF file format.

So how do you get a copy? This question has been incredibly difficult to answer. The most reasonable solution seems to be a trading "tree" idea. DVD's have already been sent out to all the contributors, as well as a handful of others. Simply make a request on Superman CINEMA's message board in the Trader's Forum. RIC was mastered in both NTSC and PAL. There's no guarantee someone will help provide a copy, but people have already shown interest in trading it.
"Restored International Cut" is strictly non-profit. It's become a worldwide effort created by the fans, for the fans. If you would like to contribute to the project, please help spread the word about the real "Superman II." With enough fan support, maybe Warner Brothers, or even the Salkinds themselves will someday make available the lost work of Richard Donner, Christopher Reeve, Marlon Brando, Geoffrey Unsworth, and many many others. If you get your hands on a copy of RIC, please share it with others.

RIC's artwork and DVD menus were generously donated by the immensely talented George L. Pitcher III.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 6 posts ]