Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: I am legand
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:24 pm 

No im not Talking about my self lol. The film with Will Smith, 2 words peeps. WATCH IT. its a great film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:59 am 
Martian War Lord

I've read the book but not got around to see the film yet, it's on my 'To-Do' list. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:38 am 

Finally saw this. In fact, I saw two versions... One was the theatrical release. (Or is that cinematic? I prefer cinema to describe movies, but here in Region 1, it's labelled as 'theatrical.'.) The other was an 'alternate ending' version, but in truth, there were a few short but ultimately important scenes added throughout the film to set up the alternate ending, so it's like watching a different version.

I liked both versions almost equally well, but I have to admit that I'm leaning toward liking the alternate version just slightly better. The alternate version better answered some points I questioned as I watched the theatrical version, and the climax had a better payoff as a result. The alternate version denuement seemed a little less satisfying, though I did like that it was a bit more open-ended than the theatrical version.

This 'review' of mine is pointless without describing the movie, but anything I say would have to include spoilers, so I have to keep this vague. I second the suggestion above though: WATCH IT! I plan to buy the special edition set (with both versions) ASAP.

I'd be happy to discuss details of this film later (with appropriate spoiler warnings, of course), as well as comparisons to the 1970's version The Omega Man, which starred Charlton Heston.

Suffice to say that the film starts out with a very interesting introduction that cuts to THREE YEARS LATER (and oh, what a changed world in just three years!), stays interesting for a bit, then gets downright chilling.

I'm still amazed that something so relatively straightforward & simple could actually creep me out, but it did so, in no small part due to Will Smith's acting ability in the particular scene that was so creepy. Part of it was due to the whole 'the less you see, the scarier it is' idea, and part was that he was acting restrained, but with terror lurking just below the surface. I felt as though he really was terrified of the situation that had developed.

In fact, I have to commend Smith for his whole role in this film. I'm actually not a fan of his, but he pulled off this role very well, and throughout the film, I was never distracted by the actor; I saw the only character. Good work! :)

Insert witty, yet philosophical remark here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:45 pm 
Martian War Lord

Still haven't seen it, I'll have to put it on my Xmas wish-list. :D

I'll get back to you when I have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 4 posts ]