View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 14 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New image showing machines over wrecked city
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:52 pm 
Tripod King

New image has been found showing the machines standing over a wrecked city - looks very interesting.

H_C

H_C

Forum Moderator to: www.waroftheworldsonline.com - Your Source For The Martian Invasion Since 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:51 pm 

Hi I'm new to the forums, Can't believe there is a 4th movie! Is this a US TV Movie or a proper theatrical one?

Looks like the Martians finally found out that George W Bush had been re-elected and decided to act by demolishing Washington DC. Obviously they drink Grolsch and don't rush things! Errr guys..... :D

On a more serious note after 9/11 are audiences quite ready for major US landmarks to be destroyed again, movie wise? Just a thought :?

Also those tri/quad/penta/hexa*pods (* delete as applicable) look a little stumpy. They don't look menacing / tall enough to me.

Good picture nevertheless. I guess its just a rather silly US TV Movie. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:53 pm 
Martian War Lord

Hi Electronic Dave and welcome to the forum

TV movie? could be, I hadn't thought of that all we've heard is it's going straight to DVD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:10 pm 
Tripod King

Bit small

I did hear that the Sci-Fi channel are invovled with this film, so its a good chance thats were it will end up.

H_C
www.waroftheworldsonline.com
www.thewaroftheworlds.com

H_C

Forum Moderator to: www.waroftheworldsonline.com - Your Source For The Martian Invasion Since 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:58 pm 
Martian War Lord

Horsell_Common wrote:

I did hear that the Sci-Fi channel are invovled with this film, so its a good chance thats were it will end up.

I shall have to keep an eye on the Sci/Fi channel for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:05 am 

Looks like the Martians finally found out that George W Bush had been re-elected and decided to act by demolishing Washington DC. Obviously they drink Grolsch and don't rush things! Errr guys..... :D

On a more serious note after 9/11 are audiences quite ready for major US landmarks to be destroyed again, movie wise? Just a thought :?

Hell yes, they will love it over here. Audiences love mayhem, violence, death and destruction as long as its at the movies.

Looks like the left wing liberals are finally going to get even with those right wing neocons.

"Guns, Tanks, Bombs - They are like toys against them."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:41 pm 
Martian War Lord

Quote:
On a more serious note after 9/11 are audiences quite ready for major US landmarks to be destroyed again, movie wise? Just a thought

We should not let terroists dictate our lives, if we do they have won, that's where Pendragon went wrong back in 2001. If they had continued with their original plans then maybe they would have had something to show for 5 years work instead of a film that looks like it will never see the light of day :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:18 pm 

Agreed. Sad eagles, "never forget" signs and all that stuff just look pathetic to us outsiders- and I dont think america wants to be called "pathetic". :wink:

The sight of Washington blasted to pieces will make the majority of earth's population happy someway I think. A winner in length.
Bush's corpse seen somewere would give it many film prizes extra.
Yeah, the sarcasm/irony/wackiness hybrid got me carried away... :D :P :lol:

The Buddha statues was destroyed by the Talibans, which got me extremely miffed but noone cared, the tsunami killed countless of people and everyone only cared about the westernese tourists. I dont think we should take 9/11 too seriously. Act of war? Indeed. 3000 killed? Indeed, but let us not forget the massacres which started the kosovo war. Only becuase it happens to the most powerful nation in the world when they least expect it doesnt mean its worse than anything else.

Now to not turn into another of those political off-topics I constantly turn everything into:

The concept is almost the same as the Paramount one, pretty crazy. The difference is that the humans will win by a 95% chance here and a 70% in the Paramount, while the Pendragon (if ever released) has a 5% chance to let the humans win, and a 95% to let them lose but survive of a mere lucky event. Jeff Wayne wont change it, obviously.

How to make a tripod:
1. Take a small wooden toy wheel (cheap in hobby stores)
2. Take three nails.
3. Figure the rest out yourself.

Pretty crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:07 pm 
Martian War Lord

Oh I'm pretty sure if Pendragon do ever release their film it will be like the book as much as possible :P
But again we are moving off the thread :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:01 pm 
Martian War Lord

Quote:
We should not let terroists dictate our lives, if we do they have won, that's where Pendragon went wrong back in 2001. If they had continued with their original plans then maybe they would have had something to show for 5 years work instead of a film that looks like it will never see the light of day :roll:

I somehow doubt it though. Those guys at Pendragon suck.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:23 pm 
Martian War Lord

Loz, ever the diplomat :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:22 am 

The Improved Trog wrote:
Agreed. Sad eagles, "never forget" signs and all that stuff just look pathetic to us outsiders- and I dont think america wants to be called "pathetic". :wink:

The sight of Washington blasted to pieces will make the majority of earth's population happy someway I think. A winner in length.
Bush's corpse seen somewere would give it many film prizes extra.
Yeah, the sarcasm/irony/wackiness hybrid got me carried away... :D :P :lol:

The Buddha statues was destroyed by the Talibans, which got me extremely miffed but noone cared, the tsunami killed countless of people and everyone only cared about the westernese tourists. I dont think we should take 9/11 too seriously. Act of war? Indeed. 3000 killed? Indeed, but let us not forget the massacres which started the kosovo war. Only becuase it happens to the most powerful nation in the world when they least expect it doesnt mean its worse than anything else.

Now to not turn into another of those political off-topics I constantly turn everything into:

I'm sorry but some of us americans grow tired of your attempts to minimize our loss during the 9/11. I guess 3000 people just arn't enough for your morbid imagination. And we are also growing tired of what seems to be every other fool makeing political comments on a movie blog. We get enough of it at the www.us.imdb.com site with every other event movie.

The US might look pathetic as the shock value of 9/11 hasen't left the culture yet but it seems to them the rest of the world is on a whiners binge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:25 pm 
Martian War Lord

Just want you to know 9/11 deeply shocked and moved me. The images of that terrible day haunt my thoughts. I have written about it in my work and will write about it again. I once stood atop of the twin towers and I find it hard to believe they are gone. I think America is a great country with great people. Human beings on the whole where ever they are make mistakes and do things wrong. We are all equal.
Sorry if someone on the Forum offended you, especially about something so painful.

Take care.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:58 am 
Martian War Lord

I was also shocked what happened then at 9/11. Those terrorists or whatever are no humans, they're ANIMALS :a093: ! They must be really sick in their head to kill thousands of innocent people on purpose! What do they want to prove with that anyway? [-( As for me, I simply can't stand it that innocent men, women and children suddenly become victims of a ruthless attack. :a091:

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 14 posts ]