View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:40 pm 
Advanced Member

Just wondered if anyone here remembers the series of four 'Lost World' movies that were produced by British studio Amicus during the Seventies?<br /><br />They were The Land That Time Forgot (1975), At The Earth's Core (1976), The People That Time Forgot (1977) - a direct sequel to Land - and Warlords of Atlantis (1978).<br /><br />All were directed by Kevin Connor, and they also all starred the late Doug McClure (incidently, yesterday - 5th February - was the 10th anniversity of McClure's death). The first three entires were based on the works of 'Tarzan' and 'John Carter of Mars' creator Edgar Rice Burroughs, while Warlords of Atlantis had a wholly original screenplay.<br /><br />Of the films, Warlords of Atlantis is my personal favourite (weirdly, the villains turn out to be Martians).<br /><br />Until now, only The People That Time Forgot has been available on Region 2 DVD, but the good news is that the other three films are being released in that format in March.<br />

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:01 pm 
Martian War Lord

Yep, I used to watch those and loved them when I was kid, they were great films (never saw Warlords I think)<br /><br />Classics! B) <br /><br />On a different note, I just watch Million Dollar Baby, Clint Eastwood, that is a truly great film and a big tear jerker at the end. But go and see it or get it on DVD when it comes out. Well done Clint!

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 2 posts ]