View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:28 pm 
Martian War Lord

FROM : <a href='http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=13828078&BRD=1291&PAG=461&dept_id=523592&rfi=6' target='_blank'>HUDSON REPORTER</a><br /><br />Image<br /><br />In early November, Tony Malgapo, president of the Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Club, got a call from someone who said they were an associate producer for Paramount Pictures. <br /><br />"She said they needed help in a film they were making," he recalled. "She stated that they were doing a set build. The premise was the person was building a Mustang inside his home, and they needed to hire a person who was familiar with various aspects of Mustang history, parts and restoration, to provide a sense of authenticity for their set designers and prop masters with ideas for the set build." <br /><br />Spielberg needed someone with Mustang expertise to decorate the garage in Henry Sanchez's home in Bayonne. The garage set was constructed in the movie studios in Bayonne's Military Ocean Terminal. Fortunately, Malgapo was on vacation and could give the time to the project. <br /><br />Sanchez's garage was a challenge. As time ticked away and the shoot date closed in, Malgapo had to somehow make it look like a mechanic worked there. <br /><br />"I had to start from scratch, selling the studio parts I had at home and in my garage," he said. "They didn't have a toolbox for this character. I supplied everything from motor parts, new and old, to tools, toolboxes, trophies, Mustang pictures, fridge magnets, Mustang magazines, Mustang Club pictures and flyers as well as Mustang die cast models...." <br /><br />Click on the above link for the full report...

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 1 post ]