View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:52 pm 
Martian War Lord

FROM : <a href='http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/waroftheworlds.html' target='_blank'>YAHOO</a><br /><br />Click on the above link to see the below content!<br /><br />I Always Had 'War of the Worlds' in Mind - Steven and Tom talk about why they chose to make 'War of the Worlds.'<br /><br />My Heart Was Pounding - Tom Cruise talks about what appealed to him about the film. <br />

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:05 pm 
Tripod King

Interesting..<br /><br />Thanks Lee<br />

There are three types of people in this World. Those who can count, and those who can't

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:05 pm 
Tripod King

gotta love the way speilberg seems to look at the 1953 film as the original source and the novel as an interesting little aside.<br /><br />Speilberg says he considered the book a really interesting way to tell the story that hadnt really been done before, presumably the missing following sentence was "but then i decided screw it, im steven speilberg and i will by god slaughter this story" He also talked about how other writers writing other stories had "cherry-picked" the best bits of the story, as if to say he hadnt! Anything that makes the film from the book is going to be outnumbered by stuff thats not. I prefer a film that is not WOTW to make a little nod to it with a WOTW-inspired sequence than a film that is WOTW or supposedly so occaisonally remembering that that is the case. <br /><br />my belief that Cruise has not read the book was re-affirmed by the fact that he seemed to believe Speilberg had adapted existing characters for the movie. Other than that Cruise was on full on advertising duty rather than discussing the making of the film. "oh oh its so suspenseful oh oh i nearly lost bladder control watching scenes which get this had no special effects in" somehow Tom, i believe you.

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:57 pm 

I hate watching things like that, you just cant help thinking that cruise is already thinking about the next pay check and spielberg is hoping to start work on e.t 2 very soon.<br />I think at the end of the day we all really hoped that the film of a story that is very close to all our hearts would be made by someone who really wanted to make it the best possible with the technology that is available today and still carry the spirit of the story, i truly hope that is the case here, but the spielberg/ cruise cheese factory approach does not fill me with a lot of hope.<br />

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:13 am 

:o In a word...........BLASLPHEMY(if thats how u spell it) :angry:

Bloody Martians nicked my bible..!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:59 pm 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-The Curate+Jan 27 2005, 11:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Curate @ Jan 27 2005, 11:13 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->:o In a word...........BLASLPHEMY(if thats how u spell it) :angry:<br />[right][snapback]459[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br />I try not to :DI type with one finger of one hand and a dictionary in the other hand :blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:53 am 

:) Yeah,just like me(i don't know how to even use the spell checker on my P.C) :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:55 am 

:blink: I know how to spell red backwards though :lol: :lol: :lol: DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 8 posts ]