View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 25 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:33 am 
Martian War Lord

Had an email from Paramount this morning announcing the TV Commerical...<br /><br />"Please be sure to check out the War Of The Worlds page on<br />Apple.com (<a href='http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds' target='_blank'>http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds</a>) for the<br />new WAR OF THE WORLD television commercial that features the first footage<br />from the movie! The spot will be available at 10 PM (PST) on Sunday 2/6."<br /><br /> B)

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster
http://www.eveofthewar.co.uk
"The War Of The Worlds Website"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:50 am 
Martian War Lord

The trailer will be online after Sunday :D

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:02 pm 

First time post.<br /><br />Thanks for posting that! They were talking about it being on the net on Ain't It Cool News, but the link they had must have taken the new trailer down.<br /><br />I wonder what the significance of the "Please tell me what you saw." line is. Between that and Dakota freaking out before the explosions begin, I'm really getting worried that we're going to get treated to another creepy psychic kid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:42 pm 

Thanks for posting that. I have to say I'm underwhelmed by the commercial, but I suppose I was just expecting more to be shown. I'm still looking forward to the movie though.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:11 pm 
Advanced Member

<!--QuoteBegin-Thunder Child+Feb 3 2005, 03:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thunder Child @ Feb 3 2005, 03:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->First time post.<br /><br />Thanks for posting that!  They were talking about it being on the net on Ain't It Cool News, but the link they had must have taken the new trailer down.<br /><br />I wonder what the significance of the "Please tell me what you saw." line is.  Between that and Dakota freaking out before the explosions begin, I'm really getting worried that we're going to get treated to another creepy psychic kid.<br />[right][snapback]555[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Paramount has quickly laid the smack down on all links to the trailer. I just managed to download it from one of the last working links before it disappeared completely. <br /><br />The destruction of the bridge looked pretty spectacular, but the trailer on the whole seemed rather confusing. The dialogue was strange and since they still didn't even give a glimpse of the Maritians, people unfamiliar with the story might not understand why the bridge was blowing up. If Spielberg is doing the invisible heat ray like the book, I'm all for it, but they should provide a little something to show what's causing all the destruction. Also, it looked like Dakota Fanning was seeing the explosions through the rear windshield, so I think that's what she was freaking out over.<br /><br />I read somewhere that there will actually be two spots for the movie suring the Super Bowl. I haven't seen that confirmed, but it would be great if this was just one of two spots because frankly I was hoping to see a bit more.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:42 pm 

W-ULLA!!!<br /><br />*checks out trailer*<br /><br />Edit...so...it's...not there anymore?<br /><br />NOOOOOOOOooooooooo....<br /><br />damn it...I wanna see!!!<br /><br />Edit2: oh...you...have to download it... :alien5: ...my bad...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:34 pm 

pffft...already gots it :)<br /><br />Looks pretty spiffy...that's all I can say...<br /><br />...can't wait till we see that in theatres though (surround sound baby...can ya feel it?!)<br /><br />...but if there's two spots...I hope the 2nd one has some footage of the tripods...that'd be awesome...<br /><br />...still...one thing bugs me...why would the bridge break up like that? It seems a bit...odd...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:20 pm 

I have a feeling the "2nd spot" will probably be the already released teaser trailer. (Hope I'm wrong though.)<br /><br />Also, I could be wrong about Dakota's reaction. It's just that the way the trailer's cut, it seems like she knows something is about to happen before it does. Hard to say though. Obviously there are missing bits,as the teenage male isn't in the front seat when the car pulls away, and "Manny" is nowhere to be seen.<br /><br />I just get worried. There's so many movies with creepy kid actors who know more about what's going on than the adults. ("The Sixth Sense" "The Ring" etc...) The tagline is "They're already here" and there's an actress billed on IMDB as "Abductee". It gets me wondering if Spielberg is going to indulge in his penchant for Whitley Streiberism.<br /><br />(On a more intriguing note, I saw a credit for "Man in Basket #3", which invites speculation that the tripods will collect people in a manner similar to the book.)<br /><br />

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:09 am 
Advanced Member

<!--QuoteBegin-Thunder Child+Feb 3 2005, 09:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thunder Child @ Feb 3 2005, 09:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I have a feeling the "2nd spot" will probably be the already released teaser trailer.  (Hope I'm wrong though.)<br /><br />Also, I could be wrong about Dakota's reaction.  It's just that the way the trailer's cut, it seems like she knows something is about to happen before it does.  Hard to say though.  Obviously there are missing bits,as the teenage male isn't in the front seat when the car pulls away, and "Manny" is nowhere to be seen.<br /><br />I just get worried.  There's so many movies with creepy kid actors who know more about what's going on than the adults. ("The Sixth Sense" "The Ring" etc...)  The tagline is "They're already here" and there's an actress billed on IMDB as "Abductee".  It gets me wondering if Spielberg is going to indulge in his penchant for Whitley Streiberism.<br /><br />(On a more intriguing note, I saw a credit for "Man in Basket #3", which invites speculation that the tripods will collect people in a manner similar to the book.)<br />[right][snapback]571[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I wouldn't put too much stock into an IMDB cast list for a movie that's mnths away from release. Surely there aren't any bit parts like that that can be confirmed at this point.<br /><br />I hope your concerns about Dakota Fanning are wrong. She's already played a wierd alien kid and a wierd creepy kid. If her character in the movie has some sort of psychic thing with the Martians, that will be disappointing to say the least, and just plain dumb to say the most. Please, Steven (we all know Spielberg regularly checks out the boards here :D ), no psychic kids and no shadowy Martian conspiracies. Just do as you said you are going to do - draw on the events and ideas of Wells' story and give us a badass, truly frightening invasion story!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:10 am 
Tripod King

"theyre already here" remember :D never mind in the book they arrive after the story begins eh? nice to get things off on a nice book burning note...

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:41 am 

Quote:
"theyre already here" remember biggrin.gif never mind in the book they arrive after the story begins eh? nice to get things off on a nice book burning note...
<br /><br />"They're Already Here" is in reference to SETI (which if you don't know is the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence"<br /><br />That being said, SETI and all the other scientists have written off our planetary system as being devoid of life (except Earth...duh...) So, the tag line: "They're Already Here." means that the scientists f***ed up...big time. And that "They're Already Here" In our planetary backyard, so to speak.<br /><br />Understand?<br /><br />Now. Get the heatray funnel outta your butt and quit critisizing this movie! It's all the same f***ing story anyways! Just modernized and added to!<br /><br />If you don't want to watch it, don't post in the Paramount Movie forum.<br /><br />Problem solved.<br /><br />(Sorry bout my language, but Leper has gotten REALLY on my nerves...and that's hard to do...)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:25 pm 

:-) My first post on the new eve forum.<br /><br />Where did everyone here about this 2nd TV spot???

Anthony Pearson
Eve of the War
http://www.eveofthewar.com
http://forums.eveofthewar.com

Monsters and Critics
http://www.monstersandcritics.com

admin@eveofthewar.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:03 pm 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM)+Feb 4 2005, 03:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM) @ Feb 4 2005, 03:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"They're Already Here" is in reference to SETI (which if you don't know is the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence"<br /><br />That being said, SETI and all the other scientists have written off our planetary system as being devoid of life (except Earth...duh...) So, the tag line: "They're Already Here." means that the scientists f***ed up...big time. And that "They're Already Here" In our planetary backyard, so to speak.<br />[right][snapback]578[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I thought "They're Already Here" was a reference to the 1953 film, like in the T.V. series, 'where they were put on ice'. sealed up in steel drums.<br /><br /><br /><br />

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:23 pm 

The super bowl trailer's a bit pants, nice shot of the bridge blowing up but other wise fairly useless.<br />I do hope they release something a bit jucier soon, if only to annoy leper....<br /><br />only joking leper!!!!

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:50 pm 

Lonesome Crow: NO! Geez...I'd bet my left eye that it ISN'T in reference to that. Besides...I read it somewhere...<br /><br />*Goes looking for said article*<br /><br />damn...can't find it...<br /><br />*shrugs*<br /><br />Oh well...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:27 pm 

:aliean: I will ask again;<br />What is all this stuff some of you are going on about a 2nd TV spot??? <br /><br /> :afro: :alien32: :alien32: :alien2:

Anthony Pearson
Eve of the War

Monsters and Critics

admin@eveofthewar.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:04 pm 
Martian War Lord

Well I seen on a few sites now, they say they'll be another spot.... maybe its the rumor mill..... we'll have to wait see...

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:45 pm 

My woman was saying and I quote "No hetrosexual man would wear what american super bowl players wear mmmm LYCRA MAN" She is mad. But I must admit I did see some extremely fat players, I think they shoud meet our Rugby players they don't need no hardware....<br /><br /> :smoking:

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk
www.webspaceinvaders.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:51 pm 

Ps I'm currently watching the Super Bowl. Has Speilberg brought ITV, cause I'm almost certain I've never seen American Football on Commercial British TV, not like this anyway. Going for Beer and Massive Spliff "Retires to the Pool with me Honez Initt"<br /><br /> :smoking:

www.tshirt-shop.co.uk
www.webspaceinvaders.co.uk

YOU! Off My Planet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:23 am 
Martian War Lord

TV spot is online!<br /><br /><a href='http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/' target='_blank'>http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/</a><br /><br /> B)

Lee
Eve Of The War Webmaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:00 pm 

<br /><br />Hi everybody:<br /><br />Been gone to long - working horrible hours.<br /><br />I caught the TV spot last night during the Super Bowl.<br /><br />My opinion - It sucked! I still support the Speilberg version of this film, but the TV trailer left me with the feeling of another Independence Day.<br /><br />They would have been better off using the first trailer using the introduction with parts of H.G. Well's storyline.<br /><br />Ron<br />Milford, Ohio USA

"Guns, Tanks, Bombs - They are like toys against them."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:39 pm 

I thought it carried a lot more suspence than Independence day if you know what i mean.

Anthony Pearson
Eve of the War

Monsters and Critics

admin@eveofthewar.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:11 pm 
Advanced Member

<!--QuoteBegin-KD8AFH+Feb 7 2005, 06:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KD8AFH @ Feb 7 2005, 06:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi everybody:<br /><br />Been gone too long - working horrible hours.<br /><br />Ron<br />Milford, Ohio USA<br />[right][snapback]623[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Welcome back, KD8AFH.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:14 pm 
Tripod King

<!--QuoteBegin-Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM)+Feb 4 2005, 03:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM) @ Feb 4 2005, 03:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"They're Already Here" is in reference to SETI (which if you don't know is the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence"<br /><br />That being said, SETI and all the other scientists have written off our planetary system as being devoid of life (except Earth...duh...) So, the tag line: "They're Already Here." means that the scientists f***ed up...big time. And that "They're Already Here" In our planetary backyard, so to speak.<br /><br />Understand?<br /><br />Now. Get the heatray funnel outta your butt and quit critisizing this movie! It's all the same f***ing story anyways! Just modernized and added to!<br /><br />If you don't want to watch it, don't post in the Paramount Movie forum.<br /><br />Problem solved.<br /><br />(Sorry bout my language, but Leper has gotten REALLY on my nerves...and that's hard to do...)<br />[right][snapback]578[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />thats the reason for the tagline huh? well thats very...... nothing really. Its all the scientists fault the world gets attacked by aliens far in advance of our own abilities. theres always an excuse when America loses :D<br /><br />now as to your rant. According to you its the same story except its different. Ignoring that contradiction in your argument are you suggesting i shouldnt criticise it for being different because i'd like to see something vaguely related to the original story? Now it strikes me if im hoping for a book related movie and whats being produced is not that I can say I dont like it. It wont change anything, but that doesnt mean i cant say it. And indeed I do say it a lot, and if you cant cope with that, then you are quite welcome not to read my posts.<br /><br />and as ive said before i do want to see this film its just every time i accept how far removed from the story its going to be something else gets added to the mess or Speilberg makes some stupid remark about badass alien invasion movies or Tom Cruise's IQ rears it ugly head again.<br /><br />sorry if i've gotten on your nerves but it doesn't bother me a great deal because as i've said, you could just not read my post.<br /><br />oh and your apology for your bad language is accepted by the way

Bow To Leper Messiah!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:31 pm 

I think a lot of us were expecting big things from spielberg, but i know for myself that when i heard that cruise was on board my heart sank to the floor.<br />I'm hoping to be pleasantly suprised .

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 25 posts ]