Home Page Home Page  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:17 am 
Tripod King

Waiting patiently for any information... ](*,)

There are three types of people in this World. Those who can count, and those who can't

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:38 pm 
Martian War Lord

Same here... :lol:

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:43 pm 
Martian War Lord

you could do one set on Mars, long before the invasion. Two rival races of Martians, compete to obtain certain land masses, for the raw materials needed for the invasion of Earth. Only the winners will get to invade Earth, that could be the sequal.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:59 pm 
Martian War Lord

Right, some kind of 'the Earthlings strike back! Will they survive?'

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:55 pm 
Tripod King

Thats a good idea, Loz. But, in the beginning of the Martian Game, it says 'We have not had the need for such weaponary for over 5,000 years' So its reasonably clear that the Martians have not had a war for a long time, and this would contradict your story :(

There are three types of people in this World. Those who can count, and those who can't

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:58 am 
Martian War Lord

I can almost say the lines of the Martian Opening Sequence almost out of my head...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:50 pm 
Tripod King

I CAN! lol..

"I have never before witnessed a mass telepathic execution, but, today the remnants of our society, have displayed their disheartedment and desperation. They have judged the Senior Elder to be..."

Lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:54 pm 
Martian War Lord

Let me try.

"The Age of Dissolusionment Time Decade is over. I have never before witnessed a mass telepathic execution, but... today the remnants of our society, have displayed their disheartedment and desperation. They have judged the Senior Elder to be indefagtuable, and have terminated his appointment in the harshiest manner. The gravity of our situation is extreme!"

Want me to continue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:01 pm 
Tripod King

"Mars is incapable of sustaining life, our efforts to maintain the biosphere are exhausted. The water tables and temperature decrease annually, as does our population"

"The only course of action is the conquest and occupation of Earth, our young, sunward neighbout."

"Earth is abundant with life and resources are bountiful. They environment will seem uncomfortable, but not ... (Dont know that word :()

"The problem is of course the humans. They have developed primitive intelligence. Yet, their society is structured around perpetual conquest and conflict. A rapid offensive to their social and economic heart, should prevent any significant opposition"

"The means and methods for this attack are already being realised. A large scale Hydrogen Accelerator will be constructed. This will launch Suspension Pods carrying our Assault forces..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:04 pm 
Martian War Lord

"We do not had the need for such destructive weaponry for 5,000 years, bur modifications to our current technologies will take place, and shoud prove adequate to defeat the intheria Human defences."

I believe that inhabitive was the word you're looking for, Sam...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:08 pm 
Tripod King

Right.. :P

*Swoosh*

"The tenth pod has been launched"..

Im bored of this now lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:19 pm 
Martian War Lord

"Give up that one cycle as one Earth day, the first has already arrived and is commencing the invasion..."

"Contact has been reastabilished with the first pod!"

*inside the first cylinder*
"I must report unfortunate news. The attack has proven miscalculated! The Earth's atmosphere was entered without intrudent, but the force of the collision and the far greater gravity have proven disoriëntating!"
*cylinder unscrews*
"I open the seals. Many humans have gathered around, and the proximity of these hideous creatures, make me aware of our vulnerability! So, I cleanse the area!"
*Heat-Raying the crowd*
"We immediately set to work, constructing the weaponry, and have proceeded to attack the Human forces in our vicinity. We have destroyed many of them, but although their weaponry is primitive; we greatly underestimated the strength of their numbers. Success is no longer assured. I do not think that... *cylinder destroyed*

"What is happening? There is no signal. Perhaps the pod has been destroyed. This is unacceptable. The Humans must be more powerful than we realized. A war secure centre of Operations must be created to coördinate our forces."
"All pods must be relocated to a more secure location."

*inside second cylinder*
"Understood."
*changes course - lands in Grampian Mountains*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:54 pm 
Tripod King

Right, thanks for that Oever lol :a016:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:14 pm 
Martian War Lord

No probs, mate. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:58 am 
Tripod King

Lol :a016:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:49 pm 
Martian War Lord

:mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:18 pm 
Tripod King

Can you resite the human one ? I probably could, but i cant be bothered

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:43 pm 
Martian War Lord

Why not:

*soldier marches to general with letter*
General: "Goodmorning."
Soldier: "Goodmorning, sir." *hands the letter over*
*general reads it*

General: "Gentlemen, we're at war. Yesterday morning, a bizar transport landed at Horsell Common, near Woking. It contained, what is now believed to be, an advance of an invading army. Full without provocation, its occupants attacked civilian and military targets. We have with this a journalist, who was an eye witness. Hopefully he can enlighten us as to the origin and intentions of these agressors."

Journalist: "At midnight, on the 12th of August, a huge mass of luminous gas erupted from Mars and sped towards Earth. Across 200.000.000 miles of void, came the first of the missiles that would had bring so much calamity to Earth. Ogilvy the Astronomer, assured me we were in no danger. he was convinced there could be no living thing on that remote, forbidding planet. And that's how it was for the next 10 nights: a flare, spurting out from Mars. A beautiful, but somehow disturbing sight.

Then came the night the first missile approached Earth. It was thought to be an ordinary falling star, but next day there was a huge crater in the middle of the common, and Ogilvy came to examin what lay there: a cylinder, 30 yards across, glowing hot, and with faint sounds of movement, coming from within. Suddenly the top began moving, rotating, unscrewing! And Ogilvy feared there was a man iside, trying to escape. He rushed to the cylinder but the intense heat stopped him before he could burn himself on the metal.

A crowd gathered on the common, hypnotised by the unscrewing of the Cylinder. Suddenly the lid fell off. A huge rounded bulk rose up slowly. Its lipless mouth quivered and slavered, and snake-like tentacles writhed as the clumsy body heaved and pulsated. Ogilvy and a few young men crept closer to the pit. A tall funnel rose, and an invisible heat leapt from man to man, and there was a bright glare as each was instantly turned to fire.

The Martians continued hammering and stirring, sleepless, indefatigable, abd working upon the machines they were making. People clawed their way off the common, and I ran too. I felt I was being toyed with, that when I was on the very verge of safety this mysterious death would leap after me and strike me down. That evening, a company of soldiers came through, and employed on the edge of the common to form a cordon.

Quickly, one after the other, 4 of the Fighting Machines appeared. Monstrous Tripods, higher than the tallest steeple, walking engines of glittering metal. The puding of guns from the common grew louder. There was a heavy explosion. THe Ground heaved, gusts of smoke erupted into the air, and I realized that by a miracle I had escaped.

General: The conflicts spread across the area with very high casualties, notably our army managed to destroy the invaders. Little is known about these Martians, except their result upon their conquest, and their technology is far more deadly than ours. Observation of the other incoming missiles implied that they've changed course, hence in fight of our victory to land in Scotland. All of our forces are being mustered to face them. Our chief scientists and engineers are working on technologies, which may aid us. We must face and destroy this Martian threat. Or if we fall, the rest of the world must surely follow. Gentlemen, Good Luck."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:00 pm 
Tripod King

Lovely, thanks oever lol..

Yeah that reminds me! Why does Europe use , for decimal points and . for spaces between 0s! :a016:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:03 pm 
Martian War Lord

Obviously to make a difference between numbers above the 1.000 and 1,453436235648548 (I just gave a number), I think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:04 pm 
Tripod King

Yeah, but we use it the other way around. For us, a decimal point is a . and a space between a number is ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:06 pm 
Martian War Lord

In the Netherlands we do it as I descripted (I find it odd, to be honest).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:08 pm 
Tripod King

By 1.000 you mean one thousand? (Because we write 1,000)

And for decimal points we use 1.24324525 not 1,24324525

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:12 pm 
Martian War Lord

Exactly! :D =D> :D =D> :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:13 pm 
Tripod King

Its all stupid. We should all use the same. Including driving on the right side of the road. Which, of course, is the left... :P

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next