View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:42 pm 
Advanced Member

Those on this forum with good memories may recall that on the previous forum I started a thread about the gorgeous Canadian actress, Mia Kirshner.<br /><br />This talented lass can be seen in leading or key roles in films such as Exotica, Mad City, The Crow: City of Angels, Not Another Teen Movie and New Best Friend. She's also been a regular cast member on the TV shows Dracula: the Series, Wolf Lake and The L Word, but she's probably best known as 'Mandy', the terrorist/assassin in the series 24, where she appeared in the first three episodes of the first season and the final episode of the second season.<br /><br />Her WOTW connection is that she made her screen acting debut in the second season of the War of the Worlds TV series, in the episode 'Loving the Alien'.<br /><br />Anyway, I've just discovered that today (25th January) is the lovely lady's 30th birthday, and couldn't let it pass unmentioned.<br /><br />Happy birthday Mia! <br /><br />(yeah, I know she'll never see this, but it's the thought that counts, etc)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:17 am 
Martian War Lord

Yes I remember her from WOTW TVs but didn't realize she was the same lady from 24.<br /><br />Happy birthday Mia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:43 am 

That was an interesting thing about the show - the first season featured many acting veterans (such as Patrick Macnee from The Avengers) while Season 2 featured recognizable actors who were just getting started.<br /><br />I think that episode (which I can't recall in any detail, much like most episodes that season) was Mia's first screen work, if I'm not mistaken.

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><b>"This is truly a filthy place."</b></span>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:52 pm 
Advanced Member

The Third wrote:
That was an interesting thing about the show - the first season featured many acting veterans (such as Patrick Macnee from The Avengers) while Season 2 featured recognizable actors who were just getting started.

I suspect that was because newcomers are cheaper than experienced professionals.

Quote:
I think that episode (which I can't recall in any detail, much like most episodes that season) was Mia's first screen work, if I'm not mistaken.

According to her entry on the IMDB, War of the Worlds was Mia's screen acting debut. As far as I can recall, in 'Loving the Alien', she plays the daughter of a man whom the aliens want to manipulate (I can't remember why). So they kidnap the daughter, duplicate her, then kill her.

The duplicate (also played by Mia, obviously) persuades the father into following the alien's agenda, but her cover is blown, and she uses an alien hand-weapon to vaporise both him and herself.

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 4 posts ]