Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 10 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:59 pm 

My recall is that Jeff Wayne may have come from the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. I also seem to recall that he may have attended my high school, U.S. Grant in Van Nuys, California. At some point, he left for the U.K. and has been based there since.<br /><br />I also believe that Jeff's other music, for movies, sounds a lot like his WAR OF THE WORLDS music, thematically. <br /><br />And I believe that the copyright split between the EU and the USA accounts for the copyright in THE WAR OF THE WORLDS (the novel) continuing to exist in the EU until 2016, but not in the United States. This is the reason why USA productions of a live WAR OF THE WORLDS play in 2002 were unmolested, but not in the EU.<br /><br />

Get 'em in the blue!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:32 pm 
Advanced Member

my dad is a fan of jeff wayne and he has wayne's rock opera version of Spartacus, i remember listening to it as a small child but i havnt since so i dont really remember much about it. there is a booklet almost identical to TWOTW, with artwork and lyrics, script.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:29 pm 
Martian War Lord

It's funny because Musical version of WOTW is one of my favourite peices of music of all time and yet I haven't sort out the composers other works. There is no reason for this, other than I'm an idiot of the highest order. You've inspired me to go seek his work out somehow boys.<br />Although having said that he only seems to have WOTW in the shops.<br />Are those others deleted?<br /><br />

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:27 pm 
Advanced Member

Spartacus is apparantly very rare now, it may have been deleted but im not sure. if you can find a copy then go for it. im not sure about any of his other work. but give spartacus a try its good.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:52 am 
Martian War Lord

Will do. Ireckon it hasn't even come out on CD. I haven't researched it yet but I reckon record fairs and second hand bookshops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:18 pm 

You can hear some of Jeff's early work because he co-wrote lots of David Essex's early hits such as 'Rock On' and he engineered his album. This was how he came to use David as the Artilleryman for WOTW. In David Essex's autobiography there are a couple of pictures of him working in the studio with Jeff and there is a great one of him and Jeff and Richard Burton.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:21 pm 
Advanced Member

cool well i have been listening to his work without knowing it then lol, my mum and dad are both fans of david essex. spartacus was released as a cd my dad has a copy of it, its just very rare to find, i looked on ebay and amazon and found nothing, which is a shame.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:44 pm 
Martian War Lord

<!--QuoteBegin-Cylinder+Apr 5 2005, 04:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cylinder @ Apr 5 2005, 04:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->You can hear some of Jeff's early work because he co-wrote lots of David Essex's early hits such as 'Rock On' and he engineered his album. This was how he came to use David as the Artilleryman for WOTW. In David Essex's autobiography there are a couple of pictures of him working in the studio with Jeff and there is a great one of him and Jeff and Richard Burton.<br />[right][snapback]2788[/snapback][/right]<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Fantastic, at last an excuse to buy a David Essex album! :blush: <br />

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:01 am 
Martian War Lord

I have Spartacus on CD, I bought it when it first came out in 1992 it's OK but not a patch on WOTW.<br />Artists include: Catherine Zeta Jones, Fish, Chris Thompson, Bill Fredericks, Jo Partridge, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Incantation, Jimmy Helms and is narrated by Anthony Hopkins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:32 pm 
Advanced Member

yeah my dad got it in 92 aswell. it isnt a patch on WOTW though, deffinetly waynes best work.

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 10 posts ]