A forum for all 'War Of The Worlds' fans
Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Home Page Home Page  [ 14 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Just bought the new remixed album..
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:56 pm 
Tripod King

Hey Everyone,

I just bought the new album. It's great! But I think they've overdone it in parts... What does everyone else think?

There are three types of people in this World. Those who can count, and those who can't

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:18 pm 
Tripod King

The album contains NO new material, apart from the way it has been mixed and thats what the mix is - a new mix using the sounds from 1978.

Take for example, The Eve Of The War and The Artlleryman And The Fighting Machine - differant you may say - not really, the tracks contains sounds that were there but not audible to us until now.

The album sounds better than it's original 1978 outting.

H_C

Forum Moderator to: www.waroftheworldsonline.com - Your Source For The Martian Invasion Since 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:41 pm 
Martian War Lord

Re-arranged or not, BOTH versions are absolutely awesome! I don't an won't make a difference.

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:21 pm 
Tripod King

They are, and I think its amazing too. I just wanted the opinion of everyone else...

There are three types of people in this World. Those who can count, and those who can't

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:25 pm 
Martian War Lord

I've had it a while now and listened to everything but the catual album, because I was thinking of getting the surround sound needed for the full effect. But I may just give it a listen soon if there are differences you can hear even without it.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:33 pm 
Tripod King

Yeah, i suppose. Good point, Loz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:02 am 
Martian War Lord

Well, I can sum up a few of them if you want...

The Tempest is an advanced assault vehicle, which carries two heavy Heat-Rays and a Canister Launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:30 am 
Martian War Lord

Please do. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:19 am 
Tripod King

Loz wrote:
I've had it a while now and listened to everything but the catual album, because I was thinking of getting the surround sound needed for the full effect. But I may just give it a listen soon if there are differences you can hear even without it.

As the album is HYBRID, this gives you 2 listening formats - one in SACD and the other in a stereo mix, and even the stereo mix you will here the differance right away.

Starting off, Richard Burtons voice sounds more clearer and even more powerful than ever before heard. The strings/orchestar arrangements in TEOTW are stronger and more deep and basey, even with extra arrangements fitted into the end of the 1st segment before Burton starts the narration on the 1st falling star. The Harpsicord which sat upfront (sound wise) is now dead centre and the synth has been bought forward.

The opening Herbie Flowers base riff at the start of HC&THR has been cleaned up to the extent that the synth harmoney that starts it sounds better and fills the begining better than the start of the guitar riff which fades in. The end of HC&THR you will hear the string arrangements more powerful and clearer than before.

TA&TFM has the synths bought forward and the opening of when the 1st machines appear will blow you away with the sudden rushes of deep sounding strings, always there in the album but not this clear, powerful and deep. The section when TEOTW kicks in for that breif moment you will notice newer synth sounds. One musical arrangement you will notice that stands out is the fact the TA&TFM has a new drum riff, old one not used until now. The Heat Ray sound of the double 'whoosh' has been replaced with a single 'whoosh' and the solo synth chords of the main theme have been cleaned up sounding more powerful.

FA has those nice touches that the orchestarl arrangements have had, the strings being clearer and even solo synth sounds are more noticable.

TC is like FA with the orchestra and solo synths sounding more powerful.

TRW Part One has a much clearer piano section and the accoustics sound stunning throughout the track

TSOM has instruments with more depth and more sustain to them, shame there is a slight defect within the narration. Lynotts line of "Satan, why did you take one of your own" has had the gap between 'Satan' and 'Why' shortened down a little too much making sound odd.

TRW Part Two is no differant from what we have come to know from this new version

New Track, well not really in a way, but after TSOM we have a familiar piece of music that has now been named - "The Artilleryman Returns" as Burton remarks on how the martians use "differant bodies according to there needs".

BNW has the strings and synths cleaned up and sounding fantastic.

DL sounds as terrorfying as ever, and this time even better with its clearer accoustics and solo guitar. The "ULLA" is clearer and more powerful.

E Part One has the strings sounding more powerful

E Part Two sounds fantastic with clearer solo synth work that was lost in the background in the older version and the solo guitar is fantastic.

NASA apart from sounding clearer, thats all I can say on this one

Now, the SACD version will blow you away even further, so prepare yourself to be emerged into the centre of the music, the notes, the sounds and the album includes sound effects never heard before until now, made back in 1978 and included into the new mix for the first time.

H_C

Forum Moderator to: www.waroftheworldsonline.com - Your Source For The Martian Invasion Since 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:42 am 
Martian War Lord

I'm getting more anxiout than ever. My uncle has a DVD-Player which supports the SA-CDs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:57 am 
Martian War Lord

Thanks H-C. I guess i won't wait and pop it on the stereo tonight then. Once I've had a few puffs on my pipe, to get me in the mood. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:31 am 
Tripod King

Loz wrote:
Thanks H-C. I guess i won't wait and pop it on the stereo tonight then. Once I've had a few puffs on my pipe, to get me in the mood. :wink:

Cool, you play the pan pipes :wink:

H_C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:05 am 
Martian War Lord

Oh yes, I'm afraid I do. :a028:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:48 pm 
Tripod King

:a016:

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 14 posts ]