Home Page Home Page  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:47 pm 
Martian War Lord

Thanks , to every one for their comments and help, especially McTodd who has helped with some of the design difficulties of the Thunder Child. And eveofthewar for hosting it.<br /><br />This picture has taken me Two months, that is the longest I have ever spent on one image and I loved every minute :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldFBFJgWmw&feature=player_embedded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:02 pm 
Tripod King

Excellent work! Awesome!<br /><br />Great lighting effects, and the burning flag is a beautiful, and poignant, touch.<br /><br />Thank you for your comment but my help was very minor.<br /><br />Now, what I want to know is...<br /><br />WHAT NEXT?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:15 pm 
Martian War Lord

WHAT NEXT?<br /><br />I am working on a wallpaper size version of this picture :) <br /><br />Lee wants an eveofthewar logo doing :) <br /><br />one of my regular clients wants some old photos cleaning up and God would like me to redesign the universe :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:47 pm 
Tripod King

Better get your arse into gear then!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:59 pm 

LC, just a question...Do you still have the Martian Model?<br /><br />If you do...could you upload it? I'm a tad curious as to how detailed it really is.<br /><br />(and it also looks as if you made it in either Lightwave or Maya...)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:11 pm 
Tripod King

It's a proper model he's done, made out of stuff, not pixels! :afro: <br /><br />Unless he's also made a 3D CGI jobby too. :alien4:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:32 pm 
Martian War Lord

<br />jees louise lonesome, you've outdone yourself this time. I feel like i'm getting something spectacular for absolutely free, and i'd pay to see it. again the energy of the peice is just fantaqstic. What a compesition. All my mates think your the bees knees. If i make any decent money out of my writing career then i'll be commisioning you, that's for sure.<br />well done for a magnificent peice of work, and bringing to life one of the greatest scenes of the book.<br />Somehow i don't think pendragon is going to come close to this image, and theirs will be moving.

Bah bah black sheap April diamond spheres, Rigsby, Rigsby, Eight sided Pears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:36 pm 
Tripod King

I agree there, absolutely smashing work. Said it before and I'll say it again, not only is the design of the machines a wonderful 'spin' on Wells's description, but the execution is masterful!<br /><br />I say someone should print a new edition with Lonesome's paintings adorning it!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:58 pm 
Martian War Lord

McTodd wrote:
It's a proper model he's done, made out of stuff, not pixels!  Unless he's also made a 3D CGI jobby too.

Actualy it's a bit of both I have a real model with movable joints, I arrange it in different positions, Photgraph it with a digital camera, transfer it to Paint Shop Pro and paint over it adding lighting effects and textur. So although it is a painting the source was a photo of my model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:06 pm 
Martian War Lord

Loz wrote:
I feel like i'm getting  something spectacular for absolutely free, and i'd pay to see it.

Something spectacular for absolutely free.

you meen I'm not getting paid?, OH' SHI................ :D

Thanks Loz, glad you like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:57 pm 

It's an actually posable model?! DUDE! I'd pay for one of them!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:50 pm 

An absolute masterpiece mate.. The thunderchild is my favorite part of the story which although quite small is for me one of the most important parts of the story showing how even the might of our most powerful weaponry is no match for the martians, and you have brought it to life in a spectacular way.

"did i miss a meeting" ... bill hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:25 pm 
Martian War Lord

Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM) wrote:
It's an actually posable model?! DUDE! I'd pay for one of them!

I still have all the mouldes, but it would be very expensive and at the moment the Fighting Machine can only stand with the help of a piece of nylon thread suspending it from the ceiling (the joints are not very robust) so as a saleable, posable model there could be a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:30 pm 
Martian War Lord

gavv8 wrote:
An absolute masterpiece mate.. The thunderchild is my favorite part of the story  and you have brought it to life in a spectacular way.

Thanks gavv8. The response to this picture has been better than I could have hoped :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:25 pm 

Could you give the dimensions of the model?<br /><br />And most model makers out there have their ways of fixing loose joints.<br /><br />(I prefer lego to actually models though...*blink*...I could make yours! There's my project for the day!)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:57 pm 
Martian War Lord

Mart Ian Tripe Odd (MFM) wrote:
And most model makers out there have their ways of fixing loose joints. (I prefer lego to actually models though...*blink*...I could make yours! There's my project for the day!)

The model is about 60cm high and made of car body filler resin, the joints are weak because car body filler resin was not designed for this purpose.

the model was only made as an aid for my paintings. :) I didn't expect it to last as long as it has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:16 am 
Martian War Lord

I am thinking about producing an A2 (thats a little under 24inch or 60cm wide)poster of the <a href='http://www.calibra.eclipse.co.uk/eve/images/peter_thunder_child.jpg' target='_blank'>Thunder Child</a> if there is enough interest and if I'm not stepping on any copyright toes :D <br /><br />Your comments please :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:41 am 

Lonesome Crow wrote:
I am thinking about producing an A2 (thats a little under 24inch or 60cm wide)poster of the Thunder Child if there is enough interest and if I'm not stepping on any copyright toes :D Your comments please :)

I'll certainly pay some good money for that mate. I've just come back from Ireland where we're about to build a house. Your A2 poster would look awesome in the snooker room. (although I'm yet to convince my Mrs that we should have a snooker room!) Brilliant is the only word i can use to describe it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:01 pm 
Martian War Lord

I received my first April fools e-mail at 1.10am 1.4.05, until I realized it had been posted on the 31.3.05 it was Lee telling me 'there is a copyright problem'<br />Apparently, either my fighting machine or maybe the whole scene looks to similar to the michael trim image from the album cover (I can't see it myself).<br />So unfortunately the A2 poster is off, Sorry. <br />Lee was able to prevent the picture from being removed entirely.<br />Naturaly I am disappointed but would rather withdraw the poster idea, than spoil the good relations between Lee (eveofthewar) and Jeff Wayne music and ollie records.<br />Althuogh disappointed I bear no ill feelings, I can't blame Jeff Wayne Music and Ollie Records (who probably don't even know I excist) it's probably just some lawyer doing his job.<br />A friend had offered to print 200 pictures for the cost of the paper and I was going to sell them at cost, plus P&P. I had not intended making a profit out of this venture, I'm a true WOTWs fan pure and simple.<br />Lee has had to remove the title from the image as even this is copyright, Sorry Lee for any inconvenience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:38 pm 
Tripod King

Lonesome Crow wrote:
I received my first April fools e-mail at 1.10am 1.4.05, until I realized it had been posted on the 31.3.05 it was Lee telling me 'there is a copyright problem'

Apparently, either my fighting machine or maybe the whole scene looks to similar to the michael trim image from the album cover (I can't see it myself).

So unfortunately the A2 poster is off, Sorry. Lee was able to prevent the picture from being removed entirely. Naturaly I am disappointed but would rather withdraw the poster idea, than spoil the good relations between Lee (eveofthewar) and Jeff Wayne music and ollie records.

Althuogh disappointed I bear no ill feelings, I can't blame Jeff Wayne Music and Ollie Records (who probably don't even know I excist) it's probably just some lawyer doing his job.

A friend had offered to print 200 pictures for the cost of the paper and I was going to sell them at cost, plus P&P. I had not intended making a profit out of this venture, I'm a true WOTWs fan pure and simple. Lee has had to remove the title from the image as even this is copyright, Sorry Lee for any inconvenience.

Is this for real? This isn't you pulling an April Fool? Because I'm bloody angry! And, frankly, I do bear ill feeling, in spades. I don't see how they can have a leg to stand on - apart from the subject matter, which forces by its nature a degree of resemblance, there is a multitude of differences between your image and Trim's. If we analyse it, we find: - the Thunder Child in your picture faces toward the viewer, in Trim's she faces away;- in your image there are several Martian Fighting Machines; in Trim's just the one;- the designs are different, with your Thunder Child being an ironclad turret-ship, Trim's is a later predreadnought; the Fighting Machines are, of course, vastly different;- the angles are all different;and so on. Are we to understand, then, that any image of the Thunder Child fight is therefore in breach of Jeff Wayne's copyright?

Because that would mean the Dean brothers are in the cr*ap, as is David Hardy, as are numerous illustrators on Dr Zeus's site, and so on.Frankly, it seems to me like an over-zealous jobsworth hack lawyer throwing his weight around; if it came to court I really do think that it would be laughed out of the building.But of course they know it won't come to court because you're a little guy. This is pure bullying, QED. I really am utterly disgusted. Well, for what it's worth (nothing to them, but it's all I can do), I am henceforth not buying anything Jeff Wayne connected, and I shan't be seeing his damn film when it appears. Perhaps Jeff's lawyer would like to retrospectively sue Tintoretto for painting The Last Supper in 1594, because he was clearly in breach of Leonardo da Vinci's intellectual rights of 1498? By the way Jeff, I am in no way connected with Lee, the owner of this site, so if you see what I've written and it annoys you, and your lawyer fancies some litigious exercise, you can contact me at: rogertodd1@hotmail.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:45 pm 
Martian War Lord

Oh dear... :huh: <br /><br />What's going on??????????<br /><br />T'is but a jest??????????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:52 pm 
Tripod King

I don't think it is a jest, the tone is too serious for that; also, see the new disclaimer at the bottom of Peter's painting:<br /><br /><a href='http://www.calibra.eclipse.co.uk/eve/images/peter_fussey_newimage.jpg' target='_blank'>Thunder Child Painting</a><br /><br />I am absolutely outraged, this is blatant bullying of such a petty nature it's not true.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 pm 
Martian War Lord

Steady on McTodd as i said Jeff and co probably don't know anything about this issue. It could be some enthusiastic lawyer, they are hired to protect to interests of their clients. The picture is still there to see whenever you want you could download the image and run off an A4 copy to stick on your wall :) (also available as a desktop wallpaper)

We have had some great stuff from Jeff's team and I personaly would like to see more, Jeff Wayne musical version was responsable for introducing me to this book and it has played a big part in my life (it was a WOTW painting that got me one of my biggest clients) I understand you are upset as I am,but it's bows and arrows against the lightning :D and I don't want to rock the boat for 'eveofthewar'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:22 pm 
Tripod King

Fair enough.<br /><br />However, I stand by what I said - my post is entirely my responsibility and mine alone, and in no way reflects the opinions of the moderator(s) or owner(s) of this site.<br /><br />So if the target of my outrage is miffed, he can contact me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:03 am 
Martian War Lord

Just want to say that the whole thing is shocking really. Isn't anybody aloud to paint a scene from War of the Worlds? As long as the machines don't too closely resemble another artists. And lets face it , there are so many different takes on the machines. Some look similar and some as in the case of Peter's look very different to any others. I can't think of one that looks atall like Peter's. Surely anyone can paint an image described in the book?<br /><br />

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 >> Next